• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

D

d4m.test

Just got this in today. Love it already. Unfortunately the crown grinds like hell and barely screws down and the bezel sure doesn't like to rotate.

My thoughts:
-Bracelet sucks, the diver extension pops out, the links don't move nicely, I thought it was supposed to have solid links, am I wrong? This one has hollow links

-lume is pretty great, I think the hands have that green color

-@bgreg says it wears smaller than a sub. I agree. After wearing a seiko sumo the last few months this feels small

I've got a gen 704 crown on the way already, time to start ordering some more parts
At least the looks are good:) Where are You getting these, one of the things I loved from the first minute was the solid/ precise bezel action without play.

- bracelet: baby oil bath and move the links in the clasp to hole Nr.7 (3 links in the clasp)
- crown: air-dust first and than use silicon-grease on the threads

DSC_2931cc_zpsldwsaeia.jpg

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
100% what he said!!!! It looks good to me. put in a genuine insert, genuine 703 or 704 crown, WSO tube or better. Or just follow my recipe. TC bracelet only $39. ETC ETC ETC

At least the looks are good:) Where are You getting these, one of the things I loved from the first minute was the solid/ precise bezel action without play.

- bracelet: baby oil bath and move the links in the clasp to hole Nr.7 (3 links in the clasp)
- crown: air-dust first and than use silicon-grease on the threads

DSC_2931cc_zpsldwsaeia.jpg

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
100% what he said!!!! It looks good to me. put in a genuine insert, genuine 703 or 704 crown, WSO tube or better. Or just follow my recipe. TC bracelet only $39. ETC ETC ETC
Buddy you know I've already copy and pasted your recipe :). It's in the works and I've already been messaging with adrian

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
They do that when the check the machining

Itll clean with ISOalcohol

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
0103b1d7db10c8ffe09c011d9115a80e.jpg
956dc18b5520a381d2bbdb9193dad854.jpg

Anybody want to explain why they labeled this? Buggers. That shit better come off

OMG its a sharpey quit your crying and get to work. If you get a flat four insert you have to drill lug holes , but I think with the titanium grey HEV its not common, I did see a genuine though with lug holes and a grey HEV...Weird huh.

Adrian will do a great job. If I get a chance I will post a picture of my lowered genuine spec crystal. I don't really like a tall crystal I think it makes the dial look smaller and if the edge isn't finished perfect all the way around that bugs me.

ronin007

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
8/10/12
Kent England
Need a spare tc sd bracelet if anyone has one,also can the experts chime in,i bought a gen insert not blistered but unsed,it seems faded in colour to me,slight grey tint,are the normal gen ones the same colour black as the dial

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Need a spare tc sd bracelet if anyone has one,also can the experts chime in,i bought a gen insert not blistered but unsed,it seems faded in colour to me,slight grey tint,are the normal gen ones the same colour black as the dial
Order from tc, or wait for one in m2m but that could take a while. Post a picture of your insert

sarlan19

19/6/14
Hi all,

Been following this thread for a couple of weeks. I just got my BPSD from Sead and it looks fine. But the bracelet is really bad. I read just a couple of posts above that the TC bracelet is the way to go. I know I can email him from his blog.

What i'm wondering is how does it compare to the BP one. Is it heavier ? Is the clasp working properly ? mine is not good to say the least. I'm bruising my fingers everytime i wanna open it. Someone with "the glass is always half full" attitude would say "At least you won't lose it from the clasp failling but it's really getting the best of me. I hate it :)

I'm not so sure about the size either but that was me trying a 40mm. I'm used to Pam an 45.5 CrPO. Wife says it looks good so there's that :)

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
The BP bracelet is not that bad its just the genuine is not as nice as say a genuine Omega divers bracelet.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
The BP bracelet is not that bad its just the genuine is not as nice as say a genuine Omega divers bracelet.
This is hard to explain but the link closest to the top of the clasp on mine doesn't have the clearance to move freely around the clasp. I'll shoe a picture.
Hi all,

Been following this thread for a couple of weeks. I just got my BPSD from Sead and it looks fine. But the bracelet is really bad. I read just a couple of posts above that the TC bracelet is the way to go. I know I can email him from his blog.

What i'm wondering is how does it compare to the BP one. Is it heavier ? Is the clasp working properly ? mine is not good to say the least. I'm bruising my fingers everytime i wanna open it. Someone with "the glass is always half full" attitude would say "At least you won't lose it from the clasp failling but it's really getting the best of me. I hate it :)

I'm not so sure about the size either but that was me trying a 40mm. I'm used to Pam an 45.5 CrPO. Wife says it looks good so there's that :)