• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Box and paper set

UkiCar

Horology Curious
15/12/22
Kundus68@
Hey everyone I’m curious where you recommend to purchase a box and paper set? I’m looking to buy a Rolex gmt, Royal oak and a Nautilus. Different TD vary in prices and I’d like a good quality and price . Suggestions?

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
Gwen Stefani Crying GIF von The Voice

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Hey everyone I’m curious where you recommend to purchase a box and paper set? I’m looking to buy a Rolex gmt, Royal oak and a Nautilus. Different TD vary in prices and I’d like a good quality and price . Suggestions?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, so I am by no means alleging anything...

But let me tell you nevertheless that probably 99.8% of the more established members here (5+ yrs membership, 1000+ posts) will probably think that you have more sinister motifs than simply wanting the full gen-like experience if a question like this is your very first post.

A short newbie introduction in the appropriate section would have been a less suspicious start... 😂

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/16
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, so I am by no means alleging anything...

But let me tell you nevertheless that probably 99.8% of the more established members here (5+ yrs membership, 1000+ posts) will probably think that you have more sinister motifs than simply wanting the full gen-like experience if a question like this is your very first post.

A short newbie introduction in the appropriate section would have been a less suspicious start... 😂
I don’t believe him for one second. What’s even the point of a box and paper set if not for fraud of some kind?

And yes for others reading, the reason some members are wary, is people will buy high-class reps, get them refinished and tweaked a bit, buy a box and papers, and then try and sell it on chrono24 or other places.

UkiCar

Horology Curious
15/12/22
Kundus68@

1. No I’m not going to resell it to someone
2. Yes I do want the full experience
3. I couldn’t post half my other questions cuz I just joined, so I was allowed to post and decided to post what I needed answered

Not intended to come off as rude or pissed off just cleaning it up and making it easy to read.

I was considering purchasing a gen GMT 2 but it doesn’t make sense to pay 2-3 times more than what it retailed

So if I can’t have the real thing I want to be as close to it as possible

That’s all I’m looking for

Reactions: Nono92

UkiCar

Horology Curious
15/12/22
Kundus68@
I don’t believe him for one second. What’s even the point of a box and paper set if not for fraud of some kind?

And yes for others reading, the reason some members are wary, is people will buy high-class reps, get them refinished and tweaked a bit, buy a box and papers, and then try and sell it on chrono24 or other places.
I don’t understand why you’re so aggressive, judgemental and rude. What I purchase is my business

As I already said I want it for the experience, I don’t get why the hostility. Yes I know people do that, yes I almost fell for thay myself. You think I have nothing better to do than scam people

I already told you I was going to buy a legit gmt but it’s stupid to spend 30K on a watch the retails for 12K

So since I’m nkt spending that kind of money I’ll havw the next best thing and I want to enjoy the experience

So please stop assuming, Judging and attacking. If you don’t like it or believe me that’s fine just move along

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Don’t bother with fake box and papers. None of them are good - because there isn’t much demand > incentive to do them properly. It does nothing towards a ‘full experience’. For you, or for others who won’t be fooled for one moment by some crap packaging.

So to this end, no one will recommend any, because there are none to recommend. Regardless of your intentions, and apart from the fact that they are all crap, the box and papers thing is generally done by liars and scammers, which is why it’s rather frowned upon here.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I already told you I was going to buy a legit gmt
And that's what's great about the internet. If someone tells you something, then it must be true.

As a new member, posting a question which (as you've now discovered) tends to set off some members' "Potential Dodgy Intent!" alarm, you're going to get a range of replies. This is a forum, and forums are about debating, so you can't post such a question and expect every reply to be a link to a Trusted Dealer's boxes and papers listings.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
I don’t understand why you’re so aggressive, judgemental and rude. What I purchase is my business

As I already said I want it for the experience, I don’t get why the hostility. Yes I know people do that, yes I almost fell for thay myself. You think I have nothing better to do than scam people

I already told you I was going to buy a legit gmt but it’s stupid to spend 30K on a watch the retails for 12K

So since I’m nkt spending that kind of money I’ll havw the next best thing and I want to enjoy the experience

So please stop assuming, Judging and attacking. If you don’t like it or believe me that’s fine just move along
I understand you want a box, I bought two ones recently on DHG and they are much better than these I got with gen Rado for example ! Some people want you to think like them... Either they give you an adress or they don't, that's all.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter

Don't worry, I get you, at first I started buying rep boxes for my perfect 4 rep watch collection and paid a decent sum for all 4. All my gens have boxes so I wanted to treat these 'super reps' the same. Problem is that when you start buying more reps then the box idea goes out the window, especially when you start flipping watches where most members aren't interested in buying the box, then you're stuck with a box and no watch.

I totally get the full rep experience, just warning you that you'll look at those boxes and think "hmmm, had I not bought all these I could've got that Pepsi GMT".

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace

Incredible well-written ehehehe :D

@UkiCar : i assure you, being a Watch Boxes Colector (preferably RARE ones) that i never, ever bought a Rep Box which was even slightly similar to the Genuine One.

And, speaking of Full Wood Boxes like PP or AP or Blancpain, the difference is HUGE: if a Gen PP Box is 800 + EUR, there is a reason!

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
What is it with people who wanna buy a box and papers.. they get given some shit about and get defensive and say they can afford a gen.

Happens almost every time. Hilarious

On a side note, 90% of the boxes are trash and will give away the watch inside it before the watch will. Dumb move

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
What is it with people who wanna buy a box and papers.. they get given some shit about and get defensive and say they can afford a gen.

Happens almost every time. Hilarious

On a side note, 90% of the boxes are trash and will give away the watch inside it before the watch will. Dumb move
Dude, ALL new members have or can afford gens!

They just want the reps to flex in places where they are likely to get stabbed, punched or shot for their watch.

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
It's up to you wether you wanna buy a Box. But if you want to buy more watches you should think
About a Real good watchbox. Makes a very nice look on the watches and spares much space.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
But if you want to buy more watches you should think
About a Real good watchbox.
Or, think about a cheap one. All my watches (rep, Franken, gen) live in glass top wooden watch boxes that hold a dozen watches and cost about £15-£20 on eBay/Amazon.

And the gen boxes for my gen watches live in a cupboard, and will only ever see the light of day if I sell the watch. Hence my complete bewilderment at why anyone would want a crappy rep box for their rep watch.

Last edited:

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I bought half a dozen gen watches in the past 36 months with admittedly very nices boxes ranging from 400 to 8000 EUR in retail.

Not once have I taken one of them out of storage and petted them, thinking "Ahhh what a nice experience".... But hey, if that's OP's thing, why not? 😂😂😂😂

Horology Curious
28/11/22
USA
I bought half a dozen gen watches in the past 36 months with admittedly very nices boxes ranging from 400 to 8000 EUR in retail.

Not once have I taken one of them out of storage and petted them, thinking "Ahhh what a nice experience".... But hey, if that's OP's thing, why not? 😂😂😂😂
Yes the boxes just get in the way imo ..

Reactions: eBoy