• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blue Aquanaut(s)

Seb75

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/22
Paris, France
Well, the one on the right in the one and only picture I have quoted 🙂
Oh là là oui, I am still learning the UI of the forum 😅 indeed in all the pictures the 3KF is on the right.
On the last picture its inverted and you can guess because the 3KF is a v3 or something, because it has the newest rotor and movement markings (patek 26-330).

Reactions: Route66

Seb75

29/12/22
Paris, France
@offpink now Im gonna put the ZF to the daily wearing test and see how it gives time. I suspect reliability will be less of an issue compared to the 3KF. Will give me time to feel the dial too, despite the slight difference in the hours index in the ZF (or most probably the size of the aquanaut grid).

Reactions: offpink

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
@offpink now Im gonna put the ZF to the daily wearing test and see how it gives time. I suspect reliability will be less of an issue compared to the 3KF. Will give me time to feel the dial too, despite the slight difference in the hours index in the ZF (or most probably the size of the aquanaut grid).
Can you post a photo comparing the 3KF and ZF on the 9 o clock side to see the difference in thickness please?

Seb75

29/12/22
Paris, France
Can you post a photo comparing the 3KF and ZF on the 9 o clock side to see the difference in thickness please?

3KF on the left, ZF on the right.
Ok still trying to do macro shots with an iphone, there's so so much image processing done in regular pictures... still you can see the differences. Not much since its about less than a millimeter difference. The shape of the gen is closer to the ZF, but the 3KF is thinner.

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS

Ok still trying to do macro shots with an iphone, there's so so much image processing done in regular pictures... still you can see the differences. Not much since its about less than a millimeter difference. The shape of the gen is closer to the ZF, but the 3KF is thinner.

Thanks Seb! Ive heard about the “9 o clock dividing line flaw” on the 3KF do you know where it is?

Seb75

29/12/22
Paris, France
@HubertL I've read about the line but never really saw a picture of what it is/how it looks like.
I'll have a look tomorrow at the 3KF and see if, magnified, there is something on my v3.

QQ0

Known Member
19/2/23
EU
I am also looking to get one as well but still deciding on if I should go with ZF or 3KF. Since you own both, which one do you think have the better build quality?

Reactions: John_Masterson

Desmond20052000

21/3/17

I see you own both versions, is the ZF strap compatible with 3kf case? Many thanks!

Seb75

29/12/22
Paris, France
I see you own both versions, is the ZF strap compatible with 3kf case? Many thanks!
I dont think so but I havent tried. I've read somewhere that the 3KF was compatible with a gen, and then that it was not, and then that the 3KF and ZF were compatible, and then not... So indeed I ought to test it at some point :D

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
I dont think so but I havent tried. I've read somewhere that the 3KF was compatible with a gen, and then that it was not, and then that the 3KF and ZF were compatible, and then not... So indeed I ought to test it at some point :D
I asked because I got a ZF strap for my 3KF, my watch is still with my TD so I don't really know if it fits.

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
I'm pretty sure in the 5167 thread there are people using the ZF strap on the 3KF.

John_Masterson

11/7/12
Chicago, IL
@Seb75 Thank you so much for sharing. I am really interested in getting a 5168G but can decide yet on 3KF or ZF so following this thread closely.

Cheers and enjoy

DaveinKeller

Looking Around
29/4/23
Texas
I watched the QC videos of both the 3KF and the ZF on Trustytime and what I noticed was on the 3KF with the A324, it doesn't hack. Where the ZF version with the Miyota 9015, it has hacking. Non hacking is a deal killer for me :)

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
The 324 SC movement that's cloned in the 3KF is a non hacking movement that was used in the 5168g from 2017 to 2019. After 2019 the 5168 got the new 26‐330 movement that is a hacking movement. So both hacking and non hacking are correct in this model.