• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay Fifty Eight 39mm BLUE ZF

explorerfanboy

Horology Curious
21/7/20
So here are two, incl your own that have different markers imo. The third then is mine which uses a mix of both, notice the 9 o’clock

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Thanks. Certainly looks to be the case. Looking at the gen below the thicker of the two seems more accurate.
6b432fca532d41b4a861e0e4e04defb1.png

Reactions: explorerfanboy

Lofa

Horology Curious
3/1/21
Hey,
The mouvement is good in this rep?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

explorerfanboy

Horology Curious
21/7/20
The movement appears to be excellent. It has a smoother sweep than my gen, and is gaining 1 second per day

centrum

27/7/14
The blue seems to be more accurate to the gen than the original 58. I think I'll pull the trigger on this one.

Reactions: johnlogan

Vubi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/21
Can I have some help regarding the QC of the BB58 blue regarding the crown tube.... I think it s too long, is this a problem of all bb 58 blue?

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
Did anyone get to do a Gen vs. Rep comparison? Mostly I care about the blue color.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Did anyone get to do a Gen vs. Rep comparison? Mostly I care about the blue color.
Gen blue changes all the time. It’s black in dimmer light. The biggest tell on these is the brushing highlight on the lugs is parallel, and on the gen it is angled. Same problem with 5 digit Rolex reps.

Adam_Smith

Supporter
Certified
23/6/20
I would love to have more feedback on this watch. Other than the length of the crown hub, which appears to be slightly longer than the Gen, and the brushing highlight on the lugs, what is your opinion of the watch for those of you who own it?

Everett270

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
10/4/15
US
I would love to have more feedback on this watch. Other than the length of the crown hub, which appears to be slightly longer than the Gen, and the brushing highlight on the lugs, what is your opinion of the watch for those of you who own it?
My crown tube is not that excessively long, but maybe I just got lucky there and I have never noticed the lug brushing issue, so that is minimal to me. The lume on the bezel at 12 did fall out and I used a toothpick to drop a tiny bit of white paint in the fitting, and one of the ceramic balls on the claps also seems to have fallen out, but it still stays secured as normal. Normally, issues like those would turn me off of a watch, but this thing is so well made I can excuse the faults. Mine came from m2m as well, so who knows how much it was worn before me.

It's not a perfect rep, but it is very well done in feel. There are plenty of reps that might be a bit closer to gen in pictures, but this one holds up quite well in the hand, and that's more important in the real world. Especially when you compare the cost to what a similar level of Rolex from VSF or Clean would run. It probably doesn't hurt that I also just really like the watch in general and it's pushed me into looking for a properly priced gen. So, I say to go for it, it's a good one.