• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
I bought this ball on amazon. Still not able to open it.
any hints on what could have happened? I mean i do not know if it makes sense to send it to the watchsmith or not. It is a bit frustreting.

I have recently had trouble opening up an oyster style caseback on a cheapie tiger concepts 6538 homage. I had to use an oyster caseback opening tool and even then it required a LOT of force. i reckon you may have to use a tool. The cheap ones you can find on amazon should suffice.

TimeRep

Looking Around
31/3/20
Planning to buy the ZF BB58 soon, would you recommend servicing the movement straight after, or use it till it breaks and replace with a gen movement after?

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Shouldn’t think you will need a full service, maybe just timing regulation. Which is potentially something you could do yourself.

Reactions: TimeRep

didgnl23

Horology Curious
25/10/18
Ajcmaruhom my V2 from Trusty had the same issue (their QC sucks but I used them for paypal). I just popped the bezel out and greased it inside and now it turns somewhat fine.

alexpaf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
Have you ever tried the BB58 on an Oyster bracelet? I think it might look nice! Im looking for an aftermarket oyster or rep bracelet to check it out

TheGarethJones

Known Member
4/4/18
Whoo boy. Put my order in with JTime. If I’m this anxious waiting for QC, I’m gonna be a mess waiting for it to arrive!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Beciuzz

Horology Curious
24/12/19
Hi guys, I'm going to buy my BB58 ZF. I have some QC pictures: what do you think about it? Is it well made? Thanks in advance for your help!

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
Just got my QC from JTime. I think it looks gorgeous (say something if you see something), but I'm a little conflicted on the stem length. Does this look closer to V1 than V2 or am I just obsessing over it?? Really excited.

Album here:https://clickpix.org/album/bb58.aAhR

I am not sure about the tube length but to me it looks like there is an issue with one of the rivets on the bracelet:

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Ops, I'm sorry. Actually I'm not sure 100% about the bracelet, it seems not well coupled with the case. What do you think? Thanks.
That a boy make a up a reason so you stay within the rules. Well don't 1000 internet points to you

sent from my noob v20 ultra

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I gave it the GL. I'm a little weird about the tube length, but I may file it down or something. I think on wrist it won't bother me.

Yeah I feel ya man. I follow this thread off and on, but it seems to be pretty common and many have successfully filed it down. I think you made the right choice and have the right mentality. Enjoy!

Reactions: Screwtape