• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 58

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Finaly ordered my BB58!
Just got the QC pics, can you help me with 2 things?
1) do you think the bezel alignment is ok? Idk about the red triangle, it seems a little off. And how about the 12 hour marker and the tudor shield?
2) timegraph says it is running +13s/d. It seems a little to much imo.

What do you think? Should i RL it?

I would RL this. Bezel not aligned, smart angle pic cover up (From which TD?). Ask for a video of bezel turn to confirm. The wordings "TU" didnt look on the same level as the "DOR" in that picture hahaha! Movement can be regulated, but the cheap china movement itself can be very inconsistent. Can anyone confirm if they're using a Seagull ST2130 or a total knockoff?

Last edited:
Reactions: alexpaf

alexpaf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/3/15
I would RL this. Bezel not aligned, smart angle pic cover up (From which TD?). Ask for a video of bezel turn to confirm. The wordings "TU" didnt look on the same level as the "DOR" in that picture hahaha! Movement can be regulated, but the cheap china movement itself can be very inconsistent. Can anyone confirm if they're using a Seagull ST2130 or a total knockoff?

Smart angle indeed! Mt TD is Puretime (never had problems with them)
I asked for more pics and video. From the pics angle it is not possible to see the crown tube well either.
Lets hope it goes well. If not i will reject the QC.
Ill update if the new set of pics has some problem!
Thanks for the help

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
Got my QC pics from PT 2 days ago. Had to RL it as you can see below:

f84P.jpg

frgW.jpg

12 marker tip is not center with shield logo, and also 6 marker crooked.
Tube way too long like v1.
Very odd that some v2 batches still have the ridiculous long tube..
My bad luck I guess but I hope other batches aren't the same. You really need good QC to make this watch a NWBIG.

Reactions: alexpaf

Plantagenet

7/12/18
Europe
I have one on the way from Sead, can't wait to join the club.
Was very satisfied with the QC but won't post here as you guys have way way sharper eyes than myself, don't want to ruin it for me haha.
This way its easier to wait until the gen is available at AD...

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
with ZF BB58 u have to really QC the bezel alignment first and foremost.. and the 6 markers are always never perfect. But then again, even the Gen have slight imperfections. its a give and take just that ZF is more glaring hah

pauwus

4/7/19
Has anyone had a good QC for a V2 recently? I had to reject a QC a couple of weeks ago cause it was clearly a V1. TD is Fat Panda.

I'm noticing there is an increasing amount of V1 looking QC pics, especially with the long crown tube making an apparent comeback. Some seem to have fixed lume on hands but still a long crown tube. Can't work out if they are trying to shift old stock or the most recent batch is a step backwards?

Still awaiting new QC pics of a V2 - been a couple of weeks since RL now.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
Has anyone had a good QC for a V2 recently? I had to reject a QC a couple of weeks ago cause it was clearly a V1. TD is Fat Panda.

I'm noticing there is an increasing amount of V1 looking QC pics, especially with the long crown tube making an apparent comeback. Some seem to have fixed lume on hands but still a long crown tube. Can't work out if they are trying to shift old stock or the most recent batch is a step backwards?

Still awaiting new QC pics of a V2 - been a couple of weeks since RL now.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

who the f is fat panda? LOL

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Got my QC pics from PT 2 days ago. Had to RL it as you can see below:

f84P.jpg

frgW.jpg

12 marker tip is not center with shield logo, and also 6 marker crooked.
Tube way too long like v1.
Very odd that some v2 batches still have the ridiculous long tube..
My bad luck I guess but I hope other batches aren't the same. You really need good QC to make this watch a NWBIG.
The 12 marker not aligned with Tudor shield is a common flaw, and I agree you should stress your TD that you want high res QC pics to make sure everything is aligned before buying.

My Tudor BBBronze has this flaw, and I could'nt see it because of low rez QCs from my TD.
It's a very minor deviation of the marker (or the shield print on the dial maybe), and you can mostly see it on close shot pictures. It's not something people will spot when looking at the watch IRL, but it's the kind of thing... once you know it, that's all you see.

In my case I kept the watch, as everything else is perfect on it and I got used to it.

In your case, the 6 marker is the obvious problem.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

Paranorml

Horology Curious
10/2/14
DC

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
Just GL'd my 2nd set of QCs. An improvement from my first one with small minor acceptable flaws.
Here you can see this tube is shorter and the 12 marker has a acceptable alignment with the shield logo.
SELs not as tight as my first one but I really do not want to RL again over that.
Some indices are not perfectly align but I can live with that.
=)

48811125147_bfc5cfca07_h.jpg

48810982766_b32b0f3438_b.jpg

Michu

Horology Curious
27/6/19
I have one on the way from Sead, can't wait to join the club.
Was very satisfied with the QC but won't post here as you guys have way way sharper eyes than myself, don't want to ruin it for me haha.
This way its easier to wait until the gen is available at AD...
Congrats on your purchase. I was thinking about doing the same, not uploading pics incase someone spots something I didn't and then it's too late...!

Reactions: Plantagenet

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Great buy, congrats !

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

pauwus

4/7/19
Ended up having to GL my second QC pics despite obvious flaws. First rejected due to being a V1 complete with lume mismatch and long crown tube. I was given two other options 2 weeks later and told it's one of these or a different watch. Both of which had issues but one essentially had a V1 looking crown tube despite being the better example. The one I ended up going for has poor bezel alignment, and the 9 marker looks slightly off from certain angles. Also hands look like they've been fairly poorly finished but this isn't uncommon from some of the QC pics posted here.

I feel like this is a great rep when they get it right, but the quality is all over the place at the moment. Quite frustrating because if they all came out looking like some of the examples seen in this thread I think it would be a NWBIG.

Reactions: Rolorin

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Ended up having to GL my second QC pics despite obvious flaws. First rejected due to being a V1 complete with lume mismatch and long crown tube. I was given two other options 2 weeks later and told it's one of these or a different watch. Both of which had issues but one essentially had a V1 looking crown tube despite being the better example. The one I ended up going for has poor bezel alignment, and the 9 marker looks slightly off from certain angles. Also hands look like they've been fairly poorly finished but this isn't uncommon from some of the QC pics posted here.

I feel like this is a great rep when they get it right, but the quality is all over the place at the moment. Quite frustrating because if they all came out looking like some of the examples seen in this thread I think it would be a NWBIG.

That's ZF for you, don't matter from which TD. These issues are common especially with the bezel alignment to the markers and even my V2 has bad finish on the hands and slight mismatch lume. Some people are lucky, most aren't.

They still can't get alot of things right if you look closer. Gen is still miles ahead. I ended up giving my v2 away cuz it just pale so much next to my Gen I can't be arsed with it anymore.

ZF V2 (Compared to Gen):

Pros:
- Almost identical Case dimensions
- Looks like the real thing from far (Most reps do lol)
- 1/10 of Gen Price
- Link Bracelet is closely identical, other than the clasp which may not be flushed when closed (Easy fix)
- Overall feel on wrist feels like a Gen
- Still has room for easy improvements! Expect to see much better versions (Hopefully)

Cons/Difference:
- Much thinner and smaller Bezel Insert Marker prints (Biggest Tell)
- Bezel Alignment issues on 12 marker. Some TD will align it halfway or pictured with a certain angle for QC pics.
- Tudor and Shield Print is much thicker
- Lume are slightly mismatched with 3/6/9/12
- Lume paint are much whiter than Gen patina white
- Lume Pip appear sunken/flat as compared to Gen
- Lume Appear Blue rather than green when shone with UV torch even tho both Gen and Rep has the same Green Lume hue in night shots
- My ZF v2 came with a very inconsistent movement readings (on timegrapher) direct from factory
- Crystal slightly thicker near the edges, covering the 'Swiss Made' print if viewed directly as evident in all of the Rep pics here.
- Dial Colour are visibly lighter shade compared to Gen in most angles
- Gold Hands has tarnish marks/poor finishing if viewed in daylight angles
- Minute Hands are slightly wider

Last edited:

Yona24

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/4/19
That's ZF for you, don't matter from which TD. These issues are common especially with the bezel alignment to the markers and even my V2 has bad finish on the hands and slight mismatch lume. Some people are lucky, most aren't.

They still can't get alot of things right if you look closer. Gen is still miles ahead. I ended up giving my v2 away cuz it just pale so much next to my Gen I can't be arsed with it anymore.

ZF V2 (Compared to Gen):

Pros:
- Almost identical Case dimensions
- Looks like the real thing from far (Most reps do lol)
- 1/10 of Gen Price
- Link Bracelet is closely identical, other than the clasp which may not be flushed when closed (Easy fix)
- Overall feel on wrist feels like a Gen
- Still has room for easy improvements! Expect to see much better versions (Hopefully)

Cons/Difference:
- Much thinner and smaller Bezel Insert Marker prints (Biggest Tell)
- Bezel Alignment issues on 12 marker. Some TD will align it halfway or pictured with a certain angle for QC pics.
- Tudor and Shield Print is much thicker
- Lume are slightly mismatched with 3/6/9/12
- Lume paint are much whiter than Gen patina white
- Lume Pip appear sunken/flat as compared to Gen
- Lume Appear Blue rather than green when shone with UV torch even tho both Gen and Rep has the same Green Lume hue in night shots
- My ZF v2 came with a very inconsistent movement readings (on timegrapher) direct from factory
- Crystal slightly thicker near the edges, covering the 'Swiss Made' print if viewed directly as evident in all of the Rep pics here.
- Dial Colour are visibly lighter shade compared to Gen in most angles
- Gold Hands has tarnish marks/poor finishing if viewed in daylight angles
- Minute Hands are slightly wider

Nice summary!
Can you upload side by side comparison of gen and rep? I'm quite particularly curious on the dial colour difference.

kryp29

Known Member
27/6/19
Nice summary!
Can you upload side by side comparison of gen and rep? I'm quite particularly curious on the dial colour difference.

Its hardly noticeable tbh. Perhaps due to the texture. Not a big con for those looking for a rep, its something you can't look past if you owned a Gen.

Michu

Horology Curious
27/6/19

I didn't realize you only get two options to GL or RL... That sucks... I hope you can look past the imperfections and still enjoy the watch.

Last edited:

pauwus

4/7/19
I didn't realize you only get two options to GL or RL... That sucks... I hope you can look past the imperfections and still enjoy the watch.

I definitely will! The long crown tube was by far the biggest issue for me and the one I've got looks pretty good so overall I'm happy.

I don't think all TD's do that, but mine had clearly handled a few and knew that these issues are common with ZF. He probably could shown me 10 different watches and they'd all have some kind of issue in terms of long crown tube, bezel alignment, wonky markers or poor hand finishing. Ultimately you need to accept that these are reps and cost 1/10th of the price and will have flaws. You just need to decide which flaw you are happy with.

It's very easy to get carried away when scrutinising macro shots from TD's but truth is, when you get your watch it strikes you how small they are in real life and how any issues are magnified in the QC pics they send over. I think it's just about making sure there isn't something wrong with the watch that you will always notice and ruin the watch for you.

Reactions: Michu