• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 41 LF

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Thank you Mr. Johnlogan for your singlehanded championing of this watch and thread. Helped me decide and feel good about getting this. I've been looking not really that seriously at it for a couple years but went to see it in an AD hoping I wouldn't like it and it looked great in that lighting. Darn those AD's and their great lighting!!!! Feels like a good quality, solid rep.

zUpjGL.jpg

zUpZpQ.jpg

zUlcVW.jpg

zUpDaS.jpg

zUp3AR.jpg

zUpH88.jpg

Reactions: johnlogan

silver_alpha

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/15
Thank you Mr. Johnlogan for your singlehanded championing of this watch and thread. Helped me decide and feel good about getting this. I've been looking not really that seriously at it for a couple years but went to see it in an AD hoping I wouldn't like it and it looked great in that lighting. Darn those AD's and their great lighting!!!! Feels like a good quality, solid rep.

zUpjGL.jpg

zUpZpQ.jpg

zUlcVW.jpg

zUpDaS.jpg

zUp3AR.jpg

zUpH88.jpg
Which TD did you go with? I have been eyeing on this watch.

K3DYN

Horology Curious
11/8/22
Gosh this looks amazing.

So many reps to add to my list - this will be the latest. Thanks for the pics

sandas1002

30/9/22
SPAIN
I am new here and researching before buying my first proper rep (I wont count my 9 Euro dhgate purchase of a Nomos)
The photos look great, so thanks johnlogan and shinynewbling25 for them and your interaction providing all the information.

I saw a rep for this watch in wish.com for 90 bucks but there is no way that would be like your photos and is probably just quartz.
San Martin do a nice looking hommage but only in 36mm which is tiny so Im probably going to try my luck with a TD soon, maybe the blue version.

@shinynewbling25 how long did the delivery take after payment? Did you have any customs issues?

Thanks.

sandas1002

30/9/22
SPAIN
I am new here and researching before buying my first proper rep (I wont count my 9 Euro dhgate purchase of a Nomos)
The photos look great, so thanks johnlogan and shinynewbling25 for them and your interaction providing all the information.

I saw a rep for this watch in wish.com for 90 bucks but there is no way that would be like your photos and is probably just quartz.
San Martin do a nice looking hommage but only in 36mm which is tiny so Im probably going to try my luck with a TD soon, maybe the blue version.

@shinynewbling25 how long did the delivery take after payment? Did you have any customs issues?

Thanks.

sandas1002

30/9/22
SPAIN
Hello mxh6229.
I just received mine from Trusty Time a few days ago. Its the 41mm in black dial. Its early to tell but it keeps good time so far. The rep has a premium feel and the case is 11mm. The bracelet is good but its still warm where I live and for me SS is too formal to walk around with in short sleeves. I had a hard time adjusting it though as one of the screws got stuck and I ended up removing two links because of that. You can also order it on a leather strap with buckle but Im not sure about the quality of that.
I love the dial and hands. Next to a Gen there will be some differences, the most obvious would be the colour of the seconds hand.
I will probably buy another with the blue dial in the near future.

Legology

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
22/10/22
Uk. Ire
This is lovely. I might have to add it to the list.. what’s the lug to lug measurement ?

MrTree

11/7/16
Sorry to revive this but I’m really keen on buying a Black Bay 41 and… No TD seems to have it. Nor apparently can source it.

Got any advice? Who to ask? Anyone selling?

sandas1002

30/9/22
SPAIN
I bought the Black Bay 41 with black dial as my very first rep from Trusty and still use it. A month ago I thought I would add the blue version to an order when buying a different watch and save on shipping however like you I could not find it anymore at Trusty or other places. Strange that its disappeared as its a simple watch for the factories to make. My guess would be that there was no demand for it. Its also a shame that the Tudor Ranger 41mm is no longer available anywhere.

When searching around I came across a cheapie (85 euros approx.) from Wish.com and ordered a blue one. Its a little thicker and has a cheaper movement inside (2813). There is a ghost movement and the seconds seems to jump when setting the time. However the dial is decent and the bracelet, although I dont use them, is the same as the more expensive one from Trusty. Perhaps it could hold you over until a closer to rep version reappears from a TD or you get one from a seller on this forum. Note that even the version I ordered from Trusty is thicker than the Gen which I got to try at an airport AD.

MrTree

11/7/16
I bought the Black Bay 41 with black dial as my very first rep from Trusty and still use it. A month ago I thought I would add the blue version to an order when buying a different watch and save on shipping however like you I could not find it anymore at Trusty or other places. Strange that its disappeared as its a simple watch for the factories to make. My guess would be that there was no demand for it. Its also a shame that the Tudor Ranger 41mm is no longer available anywhere.

When searching around I came across a cheapie (85 euros approx.) from Wish.com and ordered a blue one. Its a little thicker and has a cheaper movement inside (2813). There is a ghost movement and the seconds seems to jump when setting the time. However the dial is decent and the bracelet, although I dont use them, is the same as the more expensive one from Trusty. Perhaps it could hold you over until a closer to rep version reappears from a TD or you get one from a seller on this forum. Note that even the version I ordered from Trusty is thicker than the Gen which I got to try at an airport AD.

You are the man!

Thanks… I might do just what you suggest. Actually I ordered a BB36 from KFR. Same watch but smaller. But I could just go for a BB41 in Blue for 85 euros…

MrTree

11/7/16

Got a link for wish? I don’t seem to find it…