• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Black Bay 41 LF

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Needed to scratch that itch, order placed and QC pics arrived the 9 o’clock indice looks crooked to me but otherwise not too bad.

It might be the angle! Watch looks great. I’m very happy with mine. Sold my GEN as the REP was that good. Do you have another pic?

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
I’m on the fence but would probably approve !

I gave the green light. When it arrives it’s going in for a custom no-date eta “Top” 2824 so the dial will get a good going over then. The QC team has stated the indices all look aligned so I’m sure if any issues arise from that they’ll get sorted out.
one thing I couldn’t quite see though, the gen case bevels are quite pronounced but the lighting in the photos make it difficult to spot. As someone who had gen and now rep, is it something you noticed?

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I gave the green light. When it arrives it’s going in for a custom no-date eta “Top” 2824 so the dial will get a good going over then. The QC team has stated the indices all look aligned so I’m sure if any issues arise from that they’ll get sorted out.
one thing I couldn’t quite see though, the gen case bevels are quite pronounced but the lighting in the photos make it difficult to spot. As someone who had gen and now rep, is it something you noticed?

Good man. The case , lugs & bevels all look 1:1 with GEN! Only thing that screams REP was the plastic strap! Buckle however was ok. Enjoy.

Malusd

Horology Curious
18/8/20
I am in love with the BB, but I'm not sure of the 3,6,9 markers are too thin compared to gen. Hard to tell from pictures, maybe somebody who owns the LF can enlighten me.

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
the 3,6,9 markers look pretty much 1:1 compared to the 41 gen, on a microscopic level you might notice the differnces...

what are the "tells" of this rep (outside)? imho lume on hands (slightly brighter compared to the markers), markers (on microscopic level), engravings (serial & clasp)?

sharp edges on the lugs @ endlinks won´t be a tell - i was astonished, that the gen has these sharp edges....

DieAmerikaner

Horology Curious
15/10/21
the 3,6,9 markers look pretty much 1:1 compared to the 41 gen, on a microscopic level you might notice the differnces...

what are the "tells" of this rep (outside)? imho lume on hands (slightly brighter compared to the markers), markers (on microscopic level), engravings (serial & clasp)?

sharp edges on the lugs @ endlinks won´t be a tell - i was astonished, that the gen has these sharp edges....

I should be receiving mine in the mail soon. This is why I chose this model. I have been searching, reading and comparing and it seems to be about as close to gen as it gets. If someone could tell the difference without seeing the movement I would eat the watch. I will update with mine as soon as it comes in.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I should be receiving mine in the mail soon. This is why I chose this model. I have been searching, reading and comparing and it seems to be about as close to gen as it gets. If someone could tell the difference without seeing the movement I would eat the watch. I will update with mine as soon as it comes in.

I owned the GEN, sold it!! REP all the way.

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
... If someone could tell the difference without seeing the movement I would eat the watch. I will update with mine as soon as it comes in.

you always see something when you have both in hands or under a magnifying glass (markers, hands etc.). ;)

gen is a simple watch (thats why i like it) - nobody will spot a difference to the gen while you wear it.
i dont know if there are different versions of the 41, but the (LF) engravings on clasp and of the serial and model number look different on my gen. but i know of other black bay models, that are pretty much 1:1 (smaller font, slightly black inside etc.). and one thing i am not sure, comparing it to 10 x sized pics of the rep: the outer ring of the bezel might be slightly different...

but even the brushing f.e. on the lugs and clasp is 1:1 to gen - great watch, great rep, no doubt about that....

DieAmerikaner

Horology Curious
15/10/21
you always see something when you have both in hands or under a magnifying glass (markers, hands etc.). ;)

gen is a simple watch (thats why i like it) - nobody will spot a difference to the gen while you wear it.
i dont know if there are different versions of the 41, but the (LF) engravings on clasp and of the serial and model number look different on my gen. but i know of other black bay models, that are pretty much 1:1 (smaller font, slightly black inside etc.). and one thing i am not sure, comparing it to 10 x sized pics of the rep: the outer ring of the bezel might be slightly different...

but even the brushing f.e. on the lugs and clasp is 1:1 to gen - great watch, great rep, no doubt about that....

Yea I feel like the only people people who would be able to tell would be the Gen/Rep owners who also frequent Rep forums. I do like the simple watches. This watch is one that I never really see in the NWBIG lists, seems like it should be.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe

which one is better quality LF 41 or KRF 36?

DieAmerikaner

Horology Curious
15/10/21

I received the watch yesterday. Like you said in your hand you do realize some issues but nothing glaring. The 12 O'clock marker has too thick of a border and the bracelet edges are very sharp. The bracelet edges can be fixed. Biggest issue I found was the 12 O'clock marker was flawed but can only be seen if look for it in the right lighting. THe watch is keeping perfect time and the movement looked good and clean on the inside.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

DieAmerikaner

Horology Curious
15/10/21
I received the watch yesterday. Like you said in your hand you do realize some issues but nothing glaring. The 12 O'clock marker has too thick of a border and the bracelet edges are very sharp. The bracelet edges can be fixed. Biggest issue I found was the 12 O'clock marker was flawed but can only be seen if look for it in the right lighting. THe watch is keeping perfect time and the movement looked good and clean on the inside.

Pictures
7884df91e08959e7175551142e6fdc81.jpg
07a79e835331acd26cf511e63021d36d.jpg

Reactions: tmp2018