• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Big Noob Explorer 216570 CHS Thread

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
This is the black dial version.

I have had many versions Noob explorer II in the past and I can say with certainty that the Noob has also updated:

- The bezel (inner ring finish and numbers)

- In the black version of the dial it is much more with "satin/matte" finish, much like genuine.

The color of the dial changes depending on the light, I love this :)

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
This is the black dial version.

I have had many versions Noob explorer II in the past and I can say with certainty that the Noob has also updated:

- The bezel (inner ring finish and numbers)

- In the black version of the dial it is much more with "satin/matte" finish, much like genuine.

The color of the dial changes depending on the light, I love this :)

Mr. Lukko it looks great. Can you please move the hands and take a pic of the upper dial print. The v1 and 2 I had the dial print want not great, but on this new CHS Noob dials look much better. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Mr. Lukko it looks great. Can you please move the hands and take a pic of the upper dial print. The v1 and 2 I had the dial print want not great, but on this new CHS Noob dials look much better. Thanks!

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy

130bebe2ebcff3826a39ff64e6a005cb.jpg

0d119888b127e7a4676925d5a5e43b17.jpg

7be75a2e8ca736c842d83870b28631d1.jpg

9221db90d832929a2433e4deb31e9dcf.jpg

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Just got my BK modded Explorer CHS...
b54cf5a8ac415b9981c5557a5a844793.jpg

Next to my BK no date sub... now which one do I keep! Lol

lukko

Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Just got my BK modded Explorer CHS...
b54cf5a8ac415b9981c5557a5a844793.jpg

Next to my BK no date sub... now which one do I keep! Lol

LOL I'm very curious about what BK has done on this watch, since it is already perfect as it is.

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
LOL I'm very curious about what BK has done on this watch, since it is already perfect as it is.

I asked him and posted the answer in another thread, I forget where lol... he basically just aligns the rehaut, and adjusts the cyclops and crystal if needed. He does the QC for you when you buy from him so I'm sure he picks good examples and then does any tweaks that need to be done. I think mine looks pretty darn good, plus no customs risk for me when buying from BK.

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16

I asked him and posted the answer in another thread, I forget where lol... he basically just aligns the rehaut, and adjusts the cyclops and crystal if needed. He does the QC for you when you buy from him so I'm sure he picks good examples and then does any tweaks that need to be done. I think mine looks pretty darn good, plus no customs risk for me when buying from BK.

yiizy

Looking Around
27/3/17
Hi guys, I'm a long time reader of this forum, having purchased 8 reps so far, with all the advice and information I've gathered from here.

I've ran into a little bit of a problem for the first time with one of my new reps that I just got from a TD here. I got this Noob Explorer II CHS in the black face, and I absolutely love it, it instantly became my favorite watch out of my whole collection but it had problems the first day I wore it. I scoured this forum looking for information and I haven't really come up with any solutions.

I emailed my TD about the issue and they said to send it back and they will look at it and fix it. The problem with that as we all know here, sending things back and forth to China isn't always the best idea and not only that, but I have to front the shipping costs, so I prefer hopefully not having to take that route if possible.

I was aware that this movement had it's issues before I took the plunge on it, my reasoning was, I've bought 7 reps and none of them seem to have a problem and this one just looks so good, what could possibly go wrong. So the issues that I'm currently experiencing is that the watch seems to stop randomly (no matter if I have it on my wrist, or I have it on my desk, or in my gym bag). It also seems to usually stop with the minute hands between 8 and 10, although this might just be a coincidence.

Another issue I had was the hour hand stopping but the other hands, the GMT, the minute, the seconds were all functioning. So seems like this ones a little bit wonky.

My question is if any of you guys have experienced anything like this before? And especially to those who have extensive knowledge on how the movement works, can I get this fixed if I take this to my local watch smith? He charges great rates and has a lot of experience, maybe I'm thinking I should skip paying $25 to send it back, and play the waiting game.

OnyxSkyDV

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/15
So now that this has been out for a few months, how is the orange paint holding up? Is it fading like models in the past have?

Thanks!