• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Version of 116610 No date

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The general consensus is VSF currently makes the best 114060 No Date, with Clean being right up there too. Both have their strengths, with subtle flaws, but VSF seems to have more fans. My vote would be VSF, until a side by side comparison is done to see the specifics of each.

The VSF no date was literally released last week, and no one has yet received it. Guys, I'm really not trying to be a pain, but let's try to be a little bit rigorous here. If you believe that VSF 114060 is the best that's ok to say so, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but let's not invent a consensus on a watch that no one of has seen yet. Maybe what you have in mind is the 116610 for which your point would be more applicable, but it's just too early to tell about the 114060. The 114060 seems like an interesting contender given early pics and VSF's achievements on the 116610 and 126610 but the drop in quality seen on their 126334 should be a reminder not to jump to conclusions. Thanks

Last edited:

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Guys, excuse me for butting in, but how can you say that one watch is better than another if no one has ever had one in their hands (I'm referring to VSF 114060)?
Asking which 116610 is better is too relative and personal a question.
What for me is the best 116610 I have had? For me it is the RXF with super proven 2824 movement that doesn't miss a beat (easy and cheap to repair) looks great!!!
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...eserve-all-this-hype-let-s-try-to-answer-that

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
My opinion, based on everything I've seen and read, and based on the VSF 116610 I own, is that they have done a better job of replicating the Submariner Date when it comes to the case, dial, bezel and insert, crystal (excluding the Cyclops), crown and tube, rear case back and bracelet (in most cases). And looking at the QC pics of the latest Submariner, it's no exception. Without the Cyclops distortion of the date, it should be even more accurate. I'll know for sure when mine arrives. Again, it's my opinion. Based on what others have written, I don't think I'm alone.

Reactions: diamonds

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
The VSF no date was literally released last week, and no one has yet received it. Guys, I'm really not trying to be a pain, but let's try to be a little bit rigorous here. If you believe that VSF 114060 is the best that's ok to say so, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but let's not invent a consensus on a watch that no one of has seen yet. Maybe what you have in mind is the 116610 for which your point would be more applicable, but it's just too early to tell about the 114060. The 114060 seems like an interesting contender given early pics and VSF's achievements on the 116610 and 126610 but the drop in quality seen on their 126334 should be a reminder not to jump to conclusions. Thanks

As I stated in my original comment: "My vote would be VSF, until a side by side comparison is done to see the specifics of each."
We're all basing our consensus in regards to what we see in the photos and by VSF's proven track record. Once we all see real photos and side by side comparisons, we'll know for sure. But until that time, VSF and Clean would be considered best of the 114060 No Date Reps. You'll be happy with either. So relax and enjoy.

Tobel

6/7/17
As I stated in my original comment: "My vote would be VSF, until a side by side comparison is done to see the specifics of each."
We're all basing our consensus in regards to what we see in the photos and by VSF's proven track record. Once we all see real photos and side by side comparisons, we'll know for sure. But until that time, VSF and Clean would be considered best of the 114060 No Date Reps. You'll be happy with either. So relax and enjoy.

Ok so maybe this is a question of language, but consensus means "what most people agree on". On a given topic there can't be your consensus and my consensus, there can only THE consensus which is the vote of the majority (or there can be no consensus if there is no general agreement). Hence my comment that we can't just declare that the majority of members here vote for VSF, when no one has received it.

I understand your opinion and I too hope that VSF will prove to be a serious contender to ZZF, and in particular that they are getting back to their earlier level of quality, as it has recently gone down.

Reactions: QueTip

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Ok so maybe this is a question of language, but consensus means "what most people agree on". On a given topic there can't be your consensus and my consensus, there can only THE consensus which is the vote of the majority (or there can be no consensus if there is no general agreement). Hence my comment that we can't just declare that the majority of members here vote for VSF, when no one has received it.

I understand your opinion and I too hope that VSF will prove to be a serious contender to ZZF, and in particular that they are getting back to their earlier level of quality, as it has recently gone down.

There's no language barrier on my end and I already stated it extremely clearly: but I'll say it again.
The consensus is that VSF has the best 114060 No Date Rep based on the photos we've seen. Once we see side by side comparisons, we'll know for sure. But until that time, VSF and Clean are considered best of the 114060 No Date Reps, with VSF being the favorite.
I then said of my own opinion: "My vote would be VSF, until a side by side comparison is done to see the specifics of each."

I really can't say it much clearer than I already have.

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19

Tobel man I really admire your patience, sharing good advice, making sound statements, and even teaching English (or logic) to those who clearly lack it...! Claiming one’s own personal opinion on a watch that no one had received and reviewed as a consensus is just absurd LOL!

Fact 1: I am a VSF fan boy
Fact 2: I have waited a long while to get a 114060
Fact 3: I have 2 VSF 116610 (black/green) and 1 VSF 116619LB (blue)
Fact 4: There is NO consensus on whether VSF 116610 is even good, let alone a consensus that it makes the best 114060

To OP: VSF had make great subs, I got so impressed I ordered their 116619LB believing it is a no brainer that if they can make the 116610 black and green, they can make a perfect blue one too. I ordered it before last Christmas without checking any review or doing any research, and it is Easter now I still haven’t received it as I had to reject 4 QCs, 3 for badly misaligned rehaut. I finally just approved the latest QC couple days ago as I just give up on getting one that is same quality as the black and green ones I bought earlier. I learned my lesson and as much I wanted to get the VSF114060 I will just wait to see some review and QCs here. Hope this shows you there are variations on quality even on VSF116610 vs VSF116619LB that the difference should be just the dial and bezel colors. There is no guarantee that since VSF had made the best 116610 and its 114060 will also be best. I do wish it is the case as I REALLY want my 114060.

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
Thanks kk169 . People in general are trying to help, but we just have different opinions and perceptions. That's ok but my advice is to take all statements - including mine ;) - with a grain of salt because of that. It goes back to reading and making up one's own opinion based on others' various feedback and perspective

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Noted this is the 116610 and not the 114060. Remove the date and cyclops, swap this for one in the second batch with the corrected rehaut spacing, and I'd be struggling big time to tell the rep from the gen. The hands are a tell, if you know what youre' looking for, but they can be swapped easily enough. I certainly would want to trust the seller!

If the 114060 is made to the same standard . . .

I don't own a gen 114060, so won't be able to do a side by side. Looking forward to seeing comparisons by other members in the near future. :D

Last edited: