• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does the VSF 116610 LN really deserve all this hype? Let's try to answer that.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
In recent months I have noticed a lot of enthusiasm for VSF 116610.
Everyone says that the VSF is the best of all time.
Some people buy it used in the M2M section at a higher price than the TD.
So I asked myself, is it worth the sacrifice to buy one at all costs?

I collected a few testimonials.

Comparison of two watches, one now forgotten and despised, the other the more emblazoned.

VSF 116610 LN, about 430 dollars.

RXF 116610 LN, $380 approx.

RXF left VSF right comparison:

• date wheel is slightly bolder on the VSF (prefer RXF datewheel it’s perfect)
• seems as the bezel insert is are the same brightness (best in the game In my opinion)
• clasp and bracelet identical ( up there for the best beats noob hands down ARF is probably better can’t quite remember) ZZF is not real 904L so as good as it is it’s just not fair
• sels possibly better on vsf (could just be luck of the draw on both )
• crystal seems the same (amazing)
• both movements are buttery smooth (best 2824 I’ve had and best 3135 I’ve ever had)
There seems to be more flaws on the vsf for my liking so I’m going to stick with my RXF
Vsf has been regulated and runs amazing +1 second per day

VSF or RXF whats the difference?

They are all good in their own way. At this level, it becomes a matter of preference.

- VSF : Best rep 3135 at the moment. Bezel action feels great but it has a good bit of play (which kinda breaks the overall "premium" feeling unfortunately). Best bezel insert. Inconsistent regarding the date wheel (some are too thick, some are great looking). Best crystal. Great looking CGs. Dial printing can be a bit inconsistent, but not really noticeable without magnification. Inconsistent finishing on the hands.

-RXF : Best bang for your buck at this price range. Very similar to the VSF (bezel, insert, crystal...). Nice and smooth 2824 movement. Probably the best 2824 sub imo.

Overall:

- If you don't care about a slightly bolder date font and prioritize a good movement and bezel action/insert : VSF

- If you don't care about the movement but prioritize the look: RXF

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Had em all in hand and the vsf are gone like the fanboys that blew it up! Better things to come in this hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tigerdragon

nikefit

Known Member
16/1/12
thanks for this, i myself own the rxf and was actually wondering how it compares to the vsf

Reactions: Manuel.b

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Honestly that rehaut on the RXF is so bad!... It's so faintly etched it's ridiculous. Then the way they made the E is probably worse. I wanna left hook an RXF everytime I see one.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Had em all in hand and the vsf are gone like the fanboys that blew it up! Better things to come in this hobby.

I believe that VSF has a very good BRAND MANAGER who is so good that he can take an RXF and have a 3135 installed inside it and shout at the miracle of having invented the perfect replica.
Now that's marketing!!!

Reactions: PRYM8 and macarone

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Honestly that rehaut on the RXF is so bad!... It's so faintly etched it's ridiculous. Then the way they made the E is probably worse. I wanna left hook an RXF everytime I see one.

However, in my opinion the rxf's rehaut is more aligned than vsf.

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
VSF>RXF the 12xxxx series of VSF is NWBIG. Honestly amazing for a first attempt.

Reactions: OldNavitimer

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
However, in my opinion the rxf's rehaut is more aligned than vsf.

What good is alignment if it's very poorly etched??? It's like having the insert markers perfect but the insert colour way off.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I haven't thought about the rehaut on my RXF since the day it arrived (until just now). It looks fine to me, what little of it I ever see.

ZMPST4.jpg

I do think about my VSF cyclops every time I wear it, especially late in the month like the 32nd and up, lol.

ZMedfp.jpg

Oh and what about the VS3135 and VS3235 winding issues? Maybe you get lucky and don't have to deal with it.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-winding-issue

VSF are very good for the most part but I would not trade my RXF for another one, nope.

ZtGHyJ.jpg

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks for the details, that's great to have a point of view that doesn't say "VSF is best" for once.

Just one comment regarding your sentence "people buy it on m2m for a higher price than at TD's", this is called profiteering and it is forbidden here. That's one of the things that sales mod check before they approve sale threads. So you may want to be careful with that statement

Last edited:

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Thanks for the details, that's great to have a point of view that doesn't say "VSF is best" for once.

Just one comment regarding your sentence "people buy it on m2m for a higher price than at TD's", this is called profiteering and it is forbidden here. That's one of the things that sales mod check before they approve sale threads. So you may want to be careful with that statement

Unfortunately it happened!
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...763386-eu-rolex-vsf-116610ln-vs3135-brand-new

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Had both, sold the RXF. The rehaut engraving is significantly too light and the bezel insert numbers too dark. If you change the bezel insert, it's a nice rep but then again: more expensive than a VSF.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Had both, sold the RXF. The rehaut engraving is significantly too light and the bezel insert numbers too dark. If you change the bezel insert, it's a nice rep but then again: more expensive than a VSF.

I have seen several gen. with the numbers on the bezel insert darker as rxf.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Although it happened, the mods are on it and the seller knowingly broke the rules. There are consequences even though it “happened”

Yes, in fact I am infinitely grateful to the moderators who monitor and punish those who break the rules.
I just wanted to say that I don't write nonsense, that's all!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
In recent months I have noticed a lot of enthusiasm for VSF 116610. Everyone says that the VSF is the best of all time.

I'm not sure there is really 'hype' about the VSF. And certainly 'everyone' is not saying that. Take the 2 main subs in contention - ZZF/CF and VSF - each model has its own very active fanboy on this forum, but that's about it. Take both those voices out of contention and you have a better balance of opinion.

VSF is welcome on the Rolex scene because; Noob and ARF never got it right and continued to go backward with more expensive and usually regressive revisions. They effectively put an end to the trend in rising prices - ZF and ZZF were coming in at over $500 at the time. They also came on the scene as ZZF were caught out with their 904 lies - with a cheaper and better rep. They have been a very positive disruptor, which has inevitably earned them praise.

To your detailed points -
Both date wheels are good - there are those variations in the genuine.
The clasp of the VSF is not 904 either.

RXF's main advantage is it's slightly cheaper for more or less the same thing.

Worth upgrading from RXF to VSF? Probably not.
Worth the extra $50 if it's your first Sub? Yes.

Last edited: