• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

best pams(luminor/radiomir)

replicamania

14/10/13
Well, I cannot avoid to try being helpful
Although replicamania has showed being a bit lazy, I will g¡ve him my opinion since it is a matter of general interest:

-PAM 005 and 000 V2 version from Noob are good Super replicas. But lastly people are asking for more accurate SAUSAGE dials, because people know that rep sausage dials have not the correct gen structure. At this moment and bearing in mind the quality of current Panerai reps this is a more evident issue. If you can live with these dial flaws 005 and 000 are very good options. But, in this case I would prefer PAM 390 Noob or even KW PAM 417 (or any Boutique edition from KW), very gen-like reps.

-If you can live with movement flaws with display caseback, PAM 111 Noob V3 and PAM 177-176 Noob are very good choices

-Better options are PAM 029 V2 Noob, and nowadays the magnificent PAM 088 Noob, PAM 104 O-series Noob and PAM 390 Noob. Even PAM 299 Noob O-series and new PAM 297 Noob

- Regarding Radiomirs the choices are narrower.
PAM 288 H maker is a "old" school rep with impressive quality
PAM 380 H maker (PANER_AI issue)
PAM 292 J Noob (PIG issue)

If you are willing to accept decorated (and then inaccurate) movements:
PAM 388 KW and PAM 505 KW are the more gen-like appearance Radiomirs. They both are really awesome.

These are my thoughts at this moment
But all that depends a lot on personal taste.

Good choice
ALE

Hello Ale , first of all you have done excellent work with the pam guide thread.
-I read some reviews of pam390 nood and the excellent work of kuvarsit in the 417 case.Ande these reps have dial flaws. Isn't it?What is your opinion 417kw or 390 nood may i choose in overall. ( i think the 390 hasn't very good AR in glass)

-I don't want to have display back but thanks for your suggetions.

-first i saw pam380 and i love it , but after i read the problem that short R and i disappointed.
pam288 is very old school style for me.
pam292 is ok but i saw for some pics in forum that the ceramic case has scratches, something that should not exist and additionally i don't know what happen with the durability of material in case , crown etc.

Thank you for your opinion.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Well, it seems you are decided between PAM 390 Noob and KW PAM 417

They are similar watches.
- PAM 417 is more manly and cooler with its black dial, whereas PAM 390 is more "warm" with golden hands and brown dial.
- PAM 390 has a almost standard caseback with a PIG engraved whereas PAM 417 has a big and very nice engraving of "Liberty statue"
- PAM 390 has a very clean dial without subdials and just a LUMINOR PANERAI inscription whereas PAM 417 is fitted with seconds subdial @9 and LUMINOR MARINA plus PANERAI with PIG inscriptions.
- AR are more or less the same but PAM 417 has a bluish second reflection like gen.

Choice is a taste matter. Sorry I cannot decide for you.

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
If PAM417 is more manly, then PAM390 is kinda girly? :hehehe:

Somehow... LOL
PAM 390 is awesome in all aspects. And usually are the preferred for women (even to be worn for them)
But PAM 417 is awesome too and besides more mainly... LOL

ALE:cheers:

Pete74

Looking Around
21/7/16
"Noob" PAM111

Hi, I want to order a "Noob" PAM 111 watch. Can anyone tell me where I can purshace one?

Greets,
Pete