• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

best dial / closest to gen olive 5711

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Which dial is actually the closest to the olive 5711?

Sponge said that PPF actually is the closest compared to BUff or SWF or 3K.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I saw the gen green on YouTube and everyone says the green is actually almost nonexistent. Very very dark.

I saw the odm and buff and they are sharper and more sunburst it seems. And the ppf green is closest to gen.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
As for the 5711 rep dials imho they are of personal preferences rather than the opinions about"which is more gen spec" based on my experiences with a blue gen and SW/VSV/Buff/ODM/3KF/PPF rep dials.

Reactions: Erinoush

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
SW green dial vs stock 3kf for context. SW installed 3kf stock outside

The gen looks nothing like it does in pictures, which are staged carefully to capture the green tones. IRL it’s a very dark forest green that can easily look blackish or grayish. SW looks excellent in these pics but that doesn’t say much since it’s all about how it dynamically plays with the light.

Reactions: Cheesegrater

benissimo

Known Member
3/6/21
EU
I have SW V2 Green dial, it looks amazing and is very dynamic, I have seen pretty much all the shades of green in mine that I've seen in countless videos of gen I've watched.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
I have SW V2 Green dial, it looks amazing and is very dynamic, I have seen pretty much all the shades of green in mine that I've seen in countless videos of gen I've watched.

Would love to see pics and/or a video if you want to show that off.

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
Could you pls be so kind as to share some pics.
Which TD sourced you the dial? How much is the green one?
Just have experience with many different blue ones..
Would be interested in a green example.