• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I received mine today. Looks good considering what it cost, and the dial is quite nice.

I'll have to do a bit of metalwork on the bracelet. The width of the top versus the bottom bracelet links right at the clasp - the top bracelet link is about .7mm wider on the right side of the AP logo versus the bottom link (right where the two halves of the bracelet come together when it's clasped). On the left side, they meet up as they should, but on the right side, the top link sticks way out.

20180711_150900.jpg

Gah.

I'll also want to fix the pushers - one sticks out at quite an angle.

But overall, it seems quite decent.

I'm looking at the link flaw you have and I'm a bit confused on how you can fix the problem, without adding material to the right link. I suggest you send the photo to Sead and perhaps he can send you a pair of identically sized links to fix the problem. There would be no need to return the whole watch or bracelet and he can probably send the required link(s) in an envelope. Nice pics BTW.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
brush it off like i said the bracelet is shit compared to the old one :D

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'd give Sead and Fat Dave a chance to sort it out, if Fat Dave decides to pursue the issue. Its a very noticeable flaw and can be fixed easily.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
like aflop was pointing out there is a third pinion on the hand stack (obviously the second hand then removed)
Imho visually better than the HOLE in the miyota

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I'm looking at the link flaw you have and I'm a bit confused on how you can fix the problem, without adding material to the right link. I suggest you send the photo to Sead and perhaps he can send you a pair of identically sized links to fix the problem. There would be no need to return the whole watch or bracelet and he can probably send the required link(s) in an envelope. Nice pics BTW.

The top link was a bit wider at the clasp end versus the bracelet end, plus had that terrible tapering polished bevel, which further compounded the look of misalignment). I took the extra triangle of material off the top link, then re-did the bevel and polished it (and also re-did the wrist-side bevel), and now it lines up quite well and looks about as it should. it was a quick 20 minutes or so of work. Maybe a half hour, counting a beverage break...

Next will be figuring out how to keep the clasp release buttons from looking so angled. It's a simple mechanism. I think it's the loose tolerances that allow it to look so angled.

Otherwise, I'm still pretty happy with how it looks overall. I wasn't sure I'd like this small of a watch (this is by far my smallest), but it's a great subtle piece that'll fit well under the cuff of a dress shirt sleeve. Has me craving a good 5711 (or 3700).

Reactions: gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The top link was a bit wider at the clasp end versus the bracelet end, plus had that terrible tapering polished bevel, which further compounded the look of misalignment). I took the extra triangle of material off the top link, then re-did the bevel and polished it (and also re-did the wrist-side bevel), and now it lines up quite well and looks about as it should. it was a quick 20 minutes or so of work. Maybe a half hour, counting a beverage break...

Next will be figuring out how to keep the clasp release buttons from looking so angled. It's a simple mechanism. I think it's the loose tolerances that allow it to look so angled.

Otherwise, I'm still pretty happy with how it looks overall. I wasn't sure I'd like this small of a watch (this is by far my smallest), but it's a great subtle piece that'll fit well under the cuff of a dress shirt sleeve. Has me craving a good 5711 (or 3700).

I'm glad you got the bracelet issue(s) under control apart from the angled clasp release button. Careful with the four screws that holds the clasp mechanism together, as one of mine fell off but I was able to find it. While sizing, I found that the screws holding the links were loose and no LockTite was used, which is a good thing.

I'm a fan of the PP 5711 myself but I find the current front leader from PF too expensive, bad date wheel (RWI members are working on an improved date wheel) and poor quality control (misaligned markers using double stick tape). So for now, the Hublot Classic Fusion Titanium 38mm has caught my eye.

Reactions: SuperLory

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
Got my QC pics and gave Sead the go ahead to ship.

weird thing is that the package was shown as leaving/departing China with no activity/updates over the last few days.

until this afternoon, the system indicated a delivery attempt swiftly followed by a ‘Return to Sender’. A quick check on the local postal system with the provided airway bill and no such tracking number existed.

not entirely what happened but this is a first for me.

i have reached out to Sead for some clarity.

anyone else had a similar encounter/issue?

KeenEast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/17
What was the time it took for the watch to get delivered after paying Sead? I paid him 7 days ago, still no reponse. I know its a waiting game and therefore i’m asking here instead of spamming the guy but with other orders, payment was confirmed in like 24 hours, QC pics like 2-3 days later

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
They are raids going on he doesnt answered my email so just wait i would say

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
What was the time it took for the watch to get delivered after paying Sead? I paid him 7 days ago, still no reponse. I know its a waiting game and therefore i’m asking here instead of spamming the guy but with other orders, payment was confirmed in like 24 hours, QC pics like 2-3 days later

I’ve been in touch with him still. Last watch I got he didn’t say he’d shipped, lt arrived one day haha, just be patient.

Sent from the RWI App

KeenEast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/17
I’ve been in touch with him still. Last watch I got he didn’t say he’d shipped, lt arrived one day haha, just be patient.

Sent from the RWI App

Yeah I’ll patiently wait, however I was atleast expecting QC pics to approve the watches. Can I expect a delivery of these watches without QC pics?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Finally got the watch..

anyone figured out how to remove the top bezel?

Did you put the white color on the middle between the A and P on the AP logo after opening the bezel by yourself?

OR Is the white thing is as it is that you have received originally from sead? no modification?

Did you figure out how to open the bezel?
Please reply. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
Yes by myself.

no didn’t remove the bezel. Removed the caseback, movement and dial.

mod with needle and acrylic paint.

steady hand and loupe necessary.

Reactions: vcappp