• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

balditron

Horology Curious
8/7/18
No they still have the old dial and wrong case size.

Do you suggest I skip the Royal Oak then? Are there not any 37-39mm reps that are high quality in the $300-500 pricerange? If that's the case, then that's a shame, because I really love the watch... shame my wrists are too small for the 41mm version.

balditron

Horology Curious
8/7/18
Buy the 15202 its a good model i have the expensive ones aswell

Alright, what size is your wrist? Mine is 6.3inches, do you think the 15202 will fit? Because I heard a 39mm Royal Oak or 41mm tends to be bigger than a normal 41 or 39mm watch

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Do you suggest I skip the Royal Oak then? Are there not any 37-39mm reps that are high quality in the $300-500 pricerange? If that's the case, then that's a shame, because I really love the watch... shame my wrists are too small for the 41mm version.

You've been reading stuff way out of date mate.

The best datejust bar none is the ARF 36mm 116234. Once you change the datewheel you've got an unbelievable watch and its in your price range. Plus it's closed caseback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Alright, what size is your wrist? Mine is 6.3inches, do you think the 15202 will fit? Because I heard a 39mm Royal Oak or 41mm tends to be bigger than a normal 41 or 39mm watch

998e7c69bc219363bb91b8f8834e6317.jpg

That’s AP 15450 in comparison to Rolex. Hope that can help you.

As pointed, some may feel the casesize is wrong as in too thick but there are great modders that can thin it for you if you feel it is necessary after wearing it for a while.

JF’s bracelet finishings & it’s brilliance are indisputably the best imho and the price tag is higher than the AP 15202 by DC factory.

952aa5f69cdbfe69a6a744fc529e3d96.jpg

That’s AP 15400 beside a Rolex. Judge for yourself which suits ( 15400,15450 or 15202) you as nobody can do it absolutely for you.

Pics are courtesy of forum members.
Happy wearing one soon. Cheers

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

balditron

Horology Curious
8/7/18
998e7c69bc219363bb91b8f8834e6317.jpg

That’s AP 15450 in comparison to Rolex. Hope that can help you.

As pointed, some may feel the casesize is wrong as in too thick but there are great modders that can thin it for you if you feel it is necessary after wearing it for a while.

JF’s bracelet finishings & it’s brilliance are indisputably the best imho and the price tag is higher than the AP 15202 by DC factory.

952aa5f69cdbfe69a6a744fc529e3d96.jpg

That’s AP 15400 beside a Rolex. Judge for yourself which suits ( 15400,15450 or 15202) you as nobody can do it absolutely for you.

Pics are courtesy of forum members.
Happy wearing one soon. Cheers

Thank you very much for the help. After the previous reply from another member, I decided to buy the Rolex Datejust. However after seeing those pictures you sent me I couldn't resist the royal oak... so I'm going to buy both! I have decided to go for the 15450 after looking at other forums and suggestions from other people with small wrists.

Do you have any sellers you would especially recommend?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I may also get the 15202 btw, and possibly the ZF JLC ultra thin. Bang into smaller watches at the minute.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The pic is a little misleading because one time its a 5 digit sub and one time its a 6 digit sub which is far more bulky than the 5 digit sub.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Balditron, you can never go wrong with any of the purchase from any of our TDs.

Granted everyone has their favourite TD. I feel it is discriminatory to me if i shared my fav TDs in public buzz threads Haha.

There’s no rush in getting 2 watches at a shot unless you are very sure. Learn to enjoy this hobby with patience.

Get the right model from the right factory n pay close attention to the QC pics before agreeing.

Cheers

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
The thing that annoys me the most with the rep 15202 is the short and thin crown... it should be tall and fat like the gen

Reactions: stoyania

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I may also get the 15202 btw, and possibly the ZF JLC ultra thin. Bang into smaller watches at the minute.

Ha. I’ve ordered those exact watch’s (plus a JF15450) for the same reasons. Lol.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
So after receiving, sizing and setting the time/date on my watch I encountered somewhat of a problem. It was the clasp mechanism, one end (the last one attached to complete closure) to the clasp would become undone. Even a slight tug of the bracelet would cause it to become undone. Rather than sending the clasp/watch back to China for repair or buying a new bracelet, I decided to fix the problem myself. After analyzing the problem and the use of a small file set, I removed some of the material off the clasp and bracelet that were binding causing a unsecured closure. Now its okay.

This watch fits my 7.5 inch wrist better than my JF15400 does, primarily because of it's thinness. The JF15400 does have a better build quality overall without doubt. Question now is, will JF build a 15202 with a quartz for improved thinness or if DC Factory will improve it's build quality.

The DC 15202's concept of using a thin quartz movement and a closed case back to achieve a thinner watch profile, is a cost effective alternative for other thin watches prior to thin mechanical movement(s) becomes available for other thin watches. A high stepper quartz movement for is essential for a sweep second hand that many demand. This is off course is a temporary measure until reliable thin mechanical movements becomes available.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
high stepper quartz for a 15400 you mean ?

Well that's a start, also any rep watch that currently uses a mechanical movement that cannot replicate it's intended thickness.

To accomplish this, perhaps a high stepper quartz movement like found in certain Bulovas, other Swiss quartz movement factories have them and maybe some Chinese quartz movement factory may have or can replicate one.

Last edited:

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
So after receiving, sizing and setting the time/date on my watch I encountered somewhat of a problem. It was the clasp mechanism, one end (the last one attached to complete closure) to the clasp would become undone. Even a slight tug of the bracelet would cause it to become undone. Rather than sending the clasp/watch back to China for repair or buying a new bracelet, I decided to fix the problem myself. After analyzing the problem and the use of a small file set, I removed some of the material off the clasp and bracelet that were binding causing a unsecured closure. Now its okay.

Glad to see you got yours. I'm assuming the quality is as expected (other than the clasp issue)? Other than the different clasp markings, does it appear to match with the photos posted earlier by members?

As an aside, I received my tracking number on the 7th, indicating the parcel had been picked up by the courier in China that day. So it's getting closer.

Reactions: gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Glad to see you got yours. I'm assuming the quality is as expected (other than the clasp issue)? Other than the different clasp markings, does it appear to match with the photos posted earlier by members?

As an aside, I received my tracking number on the 7th, indicating the parcel had been picked up by the courier in China that day. So it's getting closer.

Yes, the watch looks exactly like those that other members have posted. The clasp itself is not on par with the one I have on my JF 15400 but I was expecting that, especially at this price point.

Hopefully you get yours soon, you'll enjoy it.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I received mine today. Looks good considering what it cost, and the dial is quite nice.

I'll have to do a bit of metalwork on the bracelet. The width of the top versus the bottom bracelet links right at the clasp - the top bracelet link is about .7mm wider on the right side of the AP logo versus the bottom link (right where the two halves of the bracelet come together when it's clasped). On the left side, they meet up as they should, but on the right side, the top link sticks way out.

20180711_150900.jpg

Gah.

I'll also want to fix the pushers - one sticks out at quite an angle.

But overall, it seems quite decent.