• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I got an email from Sead yesterday informing me that he cannot ship my watch via DHL, which I had requested. The reason being is that DHL has had some seizures lately. He did offer a safer but slower alternate method of shipping which I accepted. TDs know best when it comes to matters like this. However, I now have to wait two weeks rather than the two days that I've become accustomed to. I can now understand how the guys over in Europe feel, having to wait longer because of triangular shipping. In the end it will be worth the wait.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
I got an email from Sead yesterday informing me that he cannot ship my watch via DHL, which I had requested. The reason being is that DHL has had some seizures lately. He did offer a safer but slower alternate method of shipping which I accepted. TDs know best when it comes to matters like this. However, I now have to wait two weeks rather than the two days that I've become accustomed to. I can now understand how the guys over in Europe feel, having to wait longer because of triangular shipping. In the end it will be worth the wait.

It’s definitely worth the wait..I’m use to waiting 2-3 days too. But I had to wait a month to get my 15202 and again it was worth it.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

Ask FedEx then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ask FedEx then

As I said, the TDs know what is best for us customers and themselves when it comes to these matters. They've been doing this for years and know what shipping method is best to evade the customs inspectors. They also recommend alternate shipping methods, so they don't have to have to pay refunds or send replacements in the event of a customs seizure. It is sort of a science for them, some do it better than others. If Sead thought FedEx was a good alternative, he would have recommended it. Come to think of it, I can't recall anyone using FedEx. Probably of high customs seizures, don't know.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
i dont think there are "batches"..anyway here is the photo requested. Insignificant detail in my humble opinion

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
SuperLory thank you uploading the picture.

here I attached the photos to show the difference on the clasp’s engraved words. There is no space between “....s” and “P...” on the picture 1 and the gap of each Alphabet character is wider than the one from the following two other pictures provided by SuperLory and Tigerdragon both has the correct space in between the two words.
321d2dc586c46824fd274172230615c1.jpg
bb2b2b52cc563c401188f41494f6c484.jpg
3e3e7a251ed5552c18979e49c4fcebd8.jpg

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
It certainly looks like there is considerably more space between each individual letter in the top photo, versus being almost touching in the bottom two photos (except between the two words). The letters in the bottom two appear to actually touch in the hi-res photos.

Also, there is much less of a height difference between the A and P versus the rest of the letters in the top photo. In the bottom two, the A and P look nearly identical in size and composition to the AP logo, whereas in the top photo they appear smaller, with less pronounced serifs, and much closer to the size of the remainder of the letters.

I certainly prefer the rendering on the bottom two.

This is not a detail that's visible until the watch is removed, at which point there are MANY much more glaring tells, but it's disappointing to see nonetheless. I'm wondering what all may have changed. I'm still awaiting my QC photos.

Last edited:
Reactions: stoyania and vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It certainly looks like there is considerably more space between each individual letter in the top photo, versus being almost touching in the bottom two photos (except between the two words). The letters in the bottom two appear to actually touch in the hi-res photos.

Also, there is much less of a height difference between the A and P versus the rest of the letters in the top photo. In the bottom two, the A and P look nearly identical in size and composition to the AP logo, whereas in the top photo they appear smaller, with less pronounced serifs, and much closer to the size of the remainder of the letters.

I certainly prefer the rendering on the bottom two.

This is not a detail that's visible until the watch is removed, at which point there are MANY much more glaring tells, but it's disappointing to see nonetheless. I'm wondering what all may have changed. I'm still awaiting my QC photos.

Thanks for your valuable note

el_assamite

Getting To Know The Place
13/7/10
Hi guys,

I am pushing the trigger on this one!!!
I will order with an additional rubber bracelet and a JF 15400 v3 dial to replace the AP logo with the correct one with white color between the letters ;-)

I will update you once I receive it!

Cheers,

E

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Hi guys,

I am pushing the trigger on this one!!!
I will order with an additional rubber bracelet and a JF 15400 v3 dial to replace the AP logo with the correct one with white color between the letters ;-)

I will update you once I receive it!

Cheers,

E

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

is there any other way to put the white thing in between the AP logo, instead of bringing the whole AP logo from the other dial?

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
is there any other way to put the white thing in between the AP logo, instead of bringing the whole AP logo from the other dial?

I would think you could remove the stock logo, add white to the back, and re-affix. The trick would be to ensure you get the same shade of white as the indices/hands.

I'm still awaiting my QC pics - getting somewhat edgy as it's now been over 5 days for my "2-3 days" QC pics... I'm not fond of waiting...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Not so easy because they burn it on the dial you could ruin your dial with removing it

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Just got word from Sead regarding prices for the rubber strapped models.

Rubber Strap With Stainless Steel Case: $139.00
Rubber Strap With Yellow Gold Case: $149.00
Rubber Strap With Red Gold Case: $149.00

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I think there is change on clasp at least which is worse than yoursTigerdragon Please take a look at this picture below. This is different than yours. There is no space between the two words. Also, the space between the character to character is wider while there is not enough space between ..S and P.. That is why I ask the clasp back picture from SuperLory who has just received the watch a day ago.
a2d8640abf8e3f00dfd7f200c659f20b.jpg

I just received my QC pictures, and I received this exact picture. And when I say exact, I don't mean that it has that same engraving that you saw, I mean the EXACT SAME PICTURE. File name 0625_14.jpg.

hmmm...... Now I'm not sure what to think about spending any time scrutinising the QC pics that I received...

Now I'm not sure what to think...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
yeah sometimes sead messes up the emails and sending the same pics :D just write him thats the pics of other people he will send the right ones.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
yeah sometimes sead messes up the emails and sending the same pics :D just write him thats the pics of other people he will send the right ones.

Yes - I did just that to make sure. I wasn't sure if maybe it was a mix-up or maybe vcappp hasn't yet accepted that watch so it is still available? Regardless, I emailed to check.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
He got 200-300 emails per day sometimes he messes up :D i wait for 2 emails i send him about the new hublot still waiting on it :D