• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

ElVino

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
1/7/11
I really don’t need this in my life. At the same time for the price how in the world can I resist owning a watch I could only dream of otherwise?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Gen:
nescftzh.jpg

Its from a post on reddit actually the Logo is misaligned and also the screws lol this thing costs 28k dollars but look at the tapseries its almost 1:1 on the quartz absolutly amazing.

I was about to say the rep has a misaligned marker but not a problem for a $139 watch, but this is actually the gen lol

This watch is like the 5711, prices are super inflated and they are not complicated watches like Lange or calendar Pateks/Vacheron.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I was about to say the rep has a misaligned marker but not a problem for a $139 watch, but this is actually the gen lol

This watch is like the 5711, prices are super inflated and they are not complicated watches like Lange or calendar Pateks/Vacheron.

I agree with you that some gens, like the PP 5711 as you mentioned, are super inflated. What I don't like is how some rep variations, PF for instance copy of the PP 5711, mimics the inflated price without adding any significant improvements.

This DC Factory version of the AP 15202 is another story. It far surpasses the other rep versions of the AP 15202 available at a much lower price. The DC AP 15202 (Sead's AP15202) will be in my opinion, will soon be a highly sought after rep because it is indeed a value leader.

Reactions: stoyania

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
THE TRACKING WASN'T UPDATING BUT THE WATCH JUST TURNED UP

oh my it's beautiful ! Way better than the miyota !!! the DW is perfect !

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
THE TRACKING WASN'T UPDATING BUT THE WATCH JUST TURNED UP

oh my it's beautiful ! Way better than the miyota !!! the DW is perfect !

Hahah.

It’s unreal huh?! Dial, crystal, hands, DW all look more than good enough.

This could have super-rep potential (on the wrist), if they made a few refinements in subsequent revisions. I wouldn’t mind paying a few $100 more for improved finish.

Regarding the bracelet, I find that hot water and WD40 follows by manual manipulation of the links, helps to loosen it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
my bracelet is not particularly bad but yeah i'm giving it the usual wd40 bath.

and then an ultrasonic cleansing too

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
this factory needs to hurry up and drop the 15400!

I wear my 15202 more than my 15400 because its so light and comfortable and I don't mind if it gets scratches.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Bang-for-the-buck, this is really hard to beat right now, as long as you're ok with a quartz movement (and solid caseback). I don't have any quartz movements, and wouldn't normally entertain such an 'atrocity'. But in a two-hand display, where there's no properly slim counterpart with a mechanical movement, it becomes trickier.

I wouldn't normally consider any offering that wasn't the absolute best possible representation. I dismissed this quartz watch immediately. But I kept reading, and kept seeing the pictures. I went back and forth on this about a hundred times, and then finally decided for the price, I couldn't pass it up. I ordered from Sead on Saturday - just awaiting my QC pics.

The 15202 is truly a legendary design, and for me, the thinness is a core component of Genta's design. The fact that the factory did such a good job at this price point with most of the components made the decision easier. It's just too cheap of an offer for me to pass up, even with a battery at its core.

I think there may be a lesson here as well in terms of value for a lot of the other reps. Obviously a quartz is very inexpensive, but the external components of this watch provide a pretty compelling package at a very low price point. So how much is that A-movement really adding?

Reactions: watchben

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Bang-for-the-buck, this is really hard to beat right now, as long as you're ok with a quartz movement (and solid caseback). I don't have any quartz movements, and wouldn't normally entertain such an 'atrocity'. But in a two-hand display, where there's no properly slim counterpart with a mechanical movement, it becomes trickier.

I wouldn't normally consider any offering that wasn't the absolute best possible representation. I dismissed this quartz watch immediately. But I kept reading, and kept seeing the pictures. I went back and forth on this about a hundred times, and then finally decided for the price, I couldn't pass it up. I ordered from Sead on Saturday - just awaiting my QC pics.

The 15202 is truly a legendary design, and for me, the thinness is a core component of Genta's design. The fact that the factory did such a good job at this price point with most of the components made the decision easier. It's just too cheap of an offer for me to pass up, even with a battery at its core.

I think there may be a lesson here as well in terms of value for a lot of the other reps. Obviously a quartz is very inexpensive, but the external components of this watch provide a pretty compelling package at a very low price point. So how much is that A-movement really adding?

yes fair points you have there indeed.

If i can amend your text I'd say

It's just too cheap and accurate of a rep for me to pass up, even with a battery at its core

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
yes fair points you have there indeed.

If i can amend your text I'd say

It's just too cheap and accurate of a rep for me to pass up, even with a battery at its core

Could you please upload the picture of backside of the clasp buckle? to show the engraved part of the words. It seems like there is no space between the two words AUDEMARS and PIGUET.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I uploaded that pics a few pages ago

Tigerdragon Thanks for your previous pictures. The reason is that..

SuperLory has just received it a day ago. So, the pictures are needed to see/compare the very recent batch of production

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks for your pictures.Thanks

Last edited:

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Same batch nothing changed

I think there is change on clasp at least which is worse than yoursTigerdragon Please take a look at this picture below. This is different than yours. There is no space between the two words. Also, the space between the character to character is wider while there is not enough space between ..S and P.. That is why I ask the clasp back picture from SuperLory who has just received the watch a day ago.
a2d8640abf8e3f00dfd7f200c659f20b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gilrob