• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Before posting Negative review, need advice

nSans

Looking Around
5/4/24
Good evening Gents, I've received my second watch from the same trusted dealer. First purchase was back in 2019, an omega Seamaster and while purchasing my second watch from this dealer, i also purchased just a bracelet for my old Seamaster. Upon recieving it this week, the bracelet didnt close properly. It would constantly keep unclicking while wearing it. This trusted dealer had suggested i bend a piece of the watch so the clasp can connect. Still no good. Now the TD isn't willing to further help with my bracelet that i just spent 150$. Am I in the wrong for asking for a replacement? Total spent on purchase was 700$(watch and bracelet)

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Welcome to RWI

Long ago I had a bracelet issue with a new watch I ordered. After going back and forth with the TD,he agreed to send me a replacement bracelet. Works fine to this day. I hope the same outcome happens to you.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Welcome to RWI

Long ago I had a bracelet issue with a new watch I ordered. After going back and forth with the TD,he agreed to send me a replacement bracelet. Works fine to this day. I hope the same outcome happens to you.
He's not gonna get any support from the forum moderators or helpdesk because he joined just today after his purchase

@OP post some pictures of the clasp and the issue and let's see if our keen eyed watchmakers can help you resolve this

I think it's fair to ask for a new clasp but not a new bracelet

And tbh a new clasp from Aliexpress is like $50. Does it suck to buy a new one? Yes but that's replica game in a nut shell, shit goes wrong

Reactions: Deep

nSans

Looking Around
5/4/24
He's not gonna get any support from the forum moderators or helpdesk because he joined just today after his purchase

@OP post some pictures of the clasp and the issue and let's see if our keen eyed watchmakers can help you resolve this

I think it's fair to ask for a new clasp but not a new bracelet

And tbh a new clasp from Aliexpress is like $50. Does it suck to buy a new one? Yes but that's replica game in a nut shell, shit goes wrong
Guys, thanks for taking the time to reply man. Much appreciated. The first image is a screenshot of a video i took for my TD to show him how easily it would open. After the suggestion from my Td to bend the metal claps with tools, the little metal piece fell off and now its really out of commission.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Guys, thanks for taking the time to reply man. Much appreciated. The first image is a screenshot of a video i took for my TD to show him how easily it would open. After the suggestion from my Td to bend the metal claps with tools, the little metal piece fell off and now its really out of commission.
Can you take a picture of the clasp like this? Top down

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Good evening Gents, I've received my second watch from the same trusted dealer. First purchase was back in 2019, an omega Seamaster and while purchasing my second watch from this dealer, i also purchased just a bracelet for my old Seamaster. Upon recieving it this week, the bracelet didnt close properly. It would constantly keep unclicking while wearing it. This trusted dealer had suggested i bend a piece of the watch so the clasp can connect. Still no good. Now the TD isn't willing to further help with my bracelet that i just spent 150$. Am I in the wrong for asking for a replacement? Total spent on purchase was 700$(watch and bracelet)
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and WELCOME from the official RWI reception desk!

You are receiving this introduction because you either posted in the "new members say hi" section or —for the first time(s)— elsewhere. In the latter case, consider introducing yourself in the aforementioned section.

If you haven't already, please make sure to read all relevant sticky threads. They contain important and essential information such as the forum rules! Most importantly the sales rules, because you will NOT yet be eligible / allowed to sell unless you meet certain criteria / are certified first.

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Please also take another look at this important sticky that you should already have seen after logging on for the first time:

This quick anti-fraud guide is essential if you are about to order from a dealer for the first time:

If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We will gladly help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia

Bending a deployant clasp that folds out on its own so that it closes permanently is a science in itself.

I was battling with a vintage (genuine & new old stock) Speedmaster Mark II folding clasp for almost a year until I finally figured out which particular area I had to apply pressure on.

The main problem is that every clasp that has such problems will need a different area to be "bent right"....

Keep trying for a few days or give it to a watchmaker to look at. If they say that the locking mechanism is faulty and it's not "about the bent", tip them and ask them nicely to put it in writing and then present it to your TD when demanding replacement.