• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Be Wary. "In Stock" does not mean in hand.

gratefulcarl

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/8/13
So I go to his website and it green lights saying the watch I wanted was in stock. I emailed to be certain it was (as the website says to do) and receive email saying the watch is in stock. Seller responds that he received payment and now tells me he needs 10 business days (about three weeks) to get the watch from the factory. Must be a translation problem because in email and his website says that he has watch "in stock." If he meant the watch is available from the factory and that will take 10 days, and then it takes 2-3 weeks for me to get it, then that is surely not "in stock" as I assume it is the common usage that it means in his hands ready to ship when I pay. Funny.

I get that these sales take time. But surely proper communication is critical to enabling satisfied customers. Overpromise under deliver. When I ask if the watch is in stock and you need to order it from the factory, then it's NOT IN STOCK it needs to be ordered. Both his website and his emails don't follow the standard usage.

Here is the email Ryan sent to me before I ordered the watch.
nTime Watches
Sun, Nov 24, 10:17 AM (14 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Hello

Thank you for your enquiry. I confirm that it is in stock and can be ordered through the website:

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/6446-...ion-a3235.html

Please add the watch to your cart and proceed to checkout choosing your preferred payment and shipping method. Shortly after your order is placed, the payment details will be sent over.

Best Regards,
Ryan
https://www.intime05.co

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrasher

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
You’ve been here a long time but are way off on this one partner. I thought everybody knew that “in stock” seldom means the watch is in the actual possession of the TD since they don’t keep stock. It just means at the time of your inquiry it was available from the factory.

Reactions: stufuse

gratefulcarl

Banned
31/8/13
You’ve been here a long time but are way off on this one partner. I thought everybody knew that “in stock” seldom means the watch is in the actual possession of the TD since they don’t keep stock. It just means at the time of your inquiry it was available from the factory.

Yep, I assume that's what Ryan meant. I've been on Ebay for 18 years with over 12,000 buyer feedbacks. I've bought car, truck, motorcycle and boat parts for the many, many toys I have owned. I have remodeled completely eight houses buying many, many parts and materials online. Never, ever have I heard that "in stock" means get from factory in three weeks (business days are not calander days). I just contacted another TD who is sending me watch tomorrow after payment today. Of course, many folks might or will have stock in hand.

In any event, when I buy from TD I will change my question to "Is the watch IN HAND for you to ship tomorrow" or something like that. Like I said i'm not flaming Ryan. Just tryinig to keep expectations realistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tucker

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Yep, I assume that's what Ryan meant. I've been on Ebay for 18 years with over 12,000 buyer feedbacks. I've bought car, truck, motorcycle and boat parts for the many, many toys I have owned. I have remodeled completely eight houses buying many, many parts and materials online. Never, ever have I heard that "in stock" means get from factory in 10 days. I just contacted another TD who is sending me watch tomorrow after payment today. Of course, many folks might or will have stock in hand.

In any event, when I buy from TD I will change my question to "Is the watch IN HAND for you to ship tomorrow" or something like that. Like I said i'm not flaming Ryan. Just tryinig to keep expectations realistic.

There’s the real world and then there’s the rep world.

gratefulcarl

Banned
31/8/13
So now Ryan is saying it will be a 3 to 4 week time to get my refund? Now who in the world thinks that is reasonable? You just reverse the charges from your credit card processor I know we have one at my firm that I've done refunds on. Now please don't tell me that someone is going to say this "rep not the real world" in which case I call BULLSHAT.....
[h=3]InTime Watches[/h]
2:58 PM (45 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hello

The credit card refund has been initiated, thank you! You can expect to receive it within 3-4 weeks due to the international nature of the transfer.

If you read our Terms and Conditions, you will see that has been explained.
All TDs work like that and that's how things work if you want to opt for as good piece as possible.

Best Regards,
Ryan
https://www.intime05.co

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
So you are saying that your firm has an office in China where US customers purchase from and pay to and you have been doing refunds from a Chinese credit card account to an US account and it works like you described??? Do you really have that experience or are you just making an assumption from your experience within the US?

I think your expectation reflects what we all would love to have but nevertheless it is unrealistic.
It will most likely be easier and less frustrating to reduce your expectation to i.e. "I will probably not see my money ever again" and be delighted having received it after 4 weeks.
Good luck with the refund happening as promised by Ryan.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Member since '13 and you're coming up with these points!!?! Wow.

I can't wait to see your reaction when you receive the part payment in return lol.

:trainwreck:

Reactions: stufuse

gratefulcarl

Banned
31/8/13
So you are saying that your firm has an office in China where US customers purchase from and pay to and you have been doing refunds from a Chinese credit card account to an US account and it works like you described??? Do you really have that experience or are you just making an assumption from your experience within the US?

I think your expectation reflects what we all would love to have but nevertheless it is unrealistic.
It will most likely be easier and less frustrating to reduce your expectation to i.e. "I will probably not see my money ever again" and be delighted having received it after 4 weeks.
Good luck with the refund happening as promised by Ryan.

Ah yes you have one way to look at this mess. Mine would be don't buy from anyone, including TDs, in China again and buy from M2M where you have none of this nonsense.

gratefulcarl

Banned
31/8/13
Member since '13 and you're coming up with these points!!?! Wow.

I can't wait to see your reaction when you receive the part payment in return lol.

:trainwreck:

Yep have bought 10 or so never had a dealer let alone a TD tell me item in stock when it wasn't. Replica Magic, dh etc shipped in one day obviously many have stock. And never in 20 years I have been buying replicas have I had a seller tell me it will take 3 to 4 weeks to refund.

Last edited:

gratefulcarl

Banned
31/8/13
And you all are giving Ryan too much credit. His own website says 3 days handling time for "current stock" and when I emailed him Ryan told me it was "in stock." Below I quote from his website support section. So stop defending and rationalizing his bad business practices. If he needs 10 business days his site should not say the watch is in stock and he should not answer his emails that its in stock as I emailed before I bought. Moreover, if it was to take 10 business days not 3 business days as his support says then he should have told me that in my email. I appreciate all you homers coming to his rescue. But he's wrong and all of you are enabling this behavior. The problem here is not China its what Ryan said.

- Shipping & Turnaround Time:

Handling time for current stock is 3 business day. We always ship the next day after Quality-Control images are confirmed except Saturday and Sunday, Shipping time to USA or EU is around 7 – 20 days depends on customs clearance and local delivery time. If Ship from EMS is $25 per item. However, Shipping by EMS is safer than airmail.

Last edited:
Reactions: pboat

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
As much as I agree with you to an extent, we're not in the same era anymore. There is a few sellers that do keep stock still, but, it's a hit and miss. Sorry to hear its not meeting your expectations.

gratefulcarl

Banned
31/8/13
You don't sound very grateful, Carl.

Oh my yes..grateful to be alive, surrounded by those I love, a job that supports me well and lets me help those that others don't want to help, and living where I do instead of some war-torn hellhole. Macro grateful always.

Reactions: schlonz

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
So stop defending and rationalizing his bad business practices.
We are (at least I think I am) not defending anyone or anything. We are saying this is (unfortunately) in line with the existing business practise although we all would love to have it differently. To change the existing busness practise is not in our hand as the only threat we can impose is stop buying fake watches from China which for obvious reasons will not happen. We could stop buying from Ryan, however, I would be sceptic that this would change the overall picture.
I share your general statement about m2m, however, without the untiring effort of the mod team and the community watching out for each other I guess that m2m would (at least occasionally) be worse than what we experience with the TDs.

gratefulcarl

Banned
31/8/13
We are (at least I think I am) not defending anyone or anything. We are saying this is (unfortunately) in line with the existing business practise although we all would love to have it differently. To change the existing busness practise is not in our hand as the only threat we can impose is stop buying fake watches from China which for obvious reasons will not happen. We could stop buying from Ryan, however, I would be sceptic that this would change the overall picture.
I share your general statement about m2m, however, without the untiring effort of the mod team and the community watching out for each other I guess that m2m would (at least occasionally) be worse than what we experience with the TDs.

Very right. I'm grateful for this experience, however poor, has given me much more insight into what questions to ask a dealer when buying. Like is the damn product in hand to ship tomorrow.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
So you have been here 6 years and you believe that ' IN STOCK ' means the TD has the watch in his hand waiting for your call ? In his air conditioned 50,000 sq foot warehouse perhaps ? Get out of here ! :D

In stock means they have banged out 20 of that watch this week and had no problem sourcing them . He takes your readies expecting an easy get and is told by his supplier that the watch isn't avaible . Perhaps the factory has run out of something in their supply chain for the watch , say crystals so production is on hold . So in stock becomes you wait . You mention Ebay ? This isn't Ebay or Amazon it is buying counterfeit in some countries illegal toy watches .:D You have had enough goes at this you should have worked all this out .

Last edited:
Reactions: freediver

gratefulcarl

Banned
31/8/13
So you have been here 6 years and you believe that ' IN STOCK ' means the TD has the watch in his hand waiting for your call ? In his air conditioned 50,000 sq foot warehouse perhaps ? Get out of here ! :D

I bought one from another TD and he had his in stock, in hand, and shipped it today paid yesterday. YES. And I don't expect his website to say 3 business days then he tells me 10 business days to pictures, after I pay. And when I email before paying asking him if he has it he should say "I can get it in 10 business days" or something like that. My God man get your head out of Ryan's asskk.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
gratefulcarl We are not defending anyone. I was genuinely surprised yesterday when I read your post and then realized you were a 6 year member. There are numerous RWI threads that address the stock issue and the refund timeline. I agree they both suck but it is what it is when dealing with black market, counterfeit watches from China. Think about it this way: if a TD said they were not going to refund your money what would/could you do? Nothing. You can scream and stomp your feet (and they may be removed from the TD list), but you have absolutely no legal recourse. TDs have a very difficult time even finding a company to process credit card transactions that are for illegal goods. Stick around and read some...especially if you are going to hang out in the M2M section.

Reactions: ghost_1906

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I bought one from another TD and he had his in stock, in hand, and shipped it today paid yesterday. YES. And I don't expect his website to say 3 business days then he tells me 10 business days to pictures, after I pay. And when I email before paying asking him if he has it he should say "I can get it in 10 business days" or something like that. My God man get your head out of Ryan's asskk.

My head isn't in Ryan's ass i don't know who Ryan is ( obviously i realise he is part of the Intime outfit ) and have never purchased from Intime . I have worked out that you are an imbecile though . Who was this TD who has watches in his desk drawer awaiting your call ?

Last edited: