• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I had my first hiccup with this watch today. I hadn't worn it for 1 week. I wind it up fully at least 40 turns. No movement. I shake it a little to try and get the balance wheel moving. It doesn't work. I tap a little harder. Nothing. I shake it quite hard this time to get the balance wheel to start. Nothing. Fearing the worst I put it back in the box.

Checked it a day later and it somehow came back to life.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I had my first hiccup with this watch today. I hadn't worn it for 1 week. I wind it up fully at least 40 turns. No movement. I shake it a little to try and get the balance wheel moving. It doesn't work. I tap a little harder. Nothing. I shake it quite hard this time to get the balance wheel to start. Nothing. Fearing the worst I put it back in the box.

Checked it a day later and it somehow came back to life.
Mine took like 60+ winds to start moving the first time, I thought it might be DOA but it does start up, it just takes a LOT of winds. I still haven't found a hard-stop on the winding, might be an automatic mainspring, but it does take a lot of winds to stay running. I do 90 a day and it's running at COSC.

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Mine took like 60+ winds to start moving the first time, I thought it might be DOA but it does start up, it just takes a LOT of winds. I still haven't found a hard-stop on the winding, might be an automatic mainspring, but it does take a lot of winds to stay running. I do 90 a day and it's running at COSC.
Yeah. It was just a scare lmao. I'll report back to see if there's any further issues. Otherwise it keeps time at +3s/day fully wound.

Reactions: GiantSquid

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Honestly before I owned a BBR i wasn't a fan of RM but it's my go to gym and soulcycle watch. I still don't see the purpose of upgrading into the ZF right now.

The only comment I have is sometimes i see that the watch will stutter just a teensy bit. Usually happens after I deadlift heavy (i know shock but whatever). Don't know if others have the same issue.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Meant to say considering getting the BBR V3 for the white ceramic Bubba. Should I wait for the new ZF instead?
Up to you. If you are dead set on the RM55 it is your grail wait for ZF to release.

If you're just looking to try and have fun with it the BBR is great at half price.

SammyTheBull23

Horology Curious
19/2/24
USA
Honestly before I owned a BBR i wasn't a fan of RM but it's my go to gym and soulcycle watch. I still don't see the purpose of upgrading into the ZF right now.

The only comment I have is sometimes i see that the watch will stutter just a teensy bit. Usually happens after I deadlift heavy (i know shock but whatever). Don't know if others have the same issue.

Where did you get this one from?