• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Battle of the best AP 15400: JF Vs TF

donnydread

21/5/15
The 15400 is a blingy watch. If you dont like the way the light shines off the links then its not the watch for you

So you mean the "blingy" shine on the TF is close to gen-like? I always feel that the gen shines less than the TF when seeing pictures.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
^he's not talking about the dial being blingy ....but is referring to the 15400 watch and bracelet in general as being blingy.

The bracelet in particular sparkles like jewellery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
^he's not talking about the dial being blingy ....but is referring to the 15400 watch and bracelet in general as being blingy.

The bracelet in particular sparkles like jewellery.

Are you talking about the rep here? I know the gen is very much like jewellery.

I hope the rep is too

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Are you talking about the rep here? I know the gen is very much like jewellery.

I hope the rep is too

Yes. The reps are very blingy. The bracelet mid-links sparkle like a million bucks! Go for it bro!

Kmmas

7/4/15
Ok guys, just received my JF 15400 yesterday &I need some input. In order to take out the links I sprayed the adjustable links with WD40 and left it over night. The next day I took the watch to my local watchmaker to adjust the links. However he could still not take out a few links.

1ceb313c58974c9adec9d122a6e5a8b2.jpg

So I came back and and decided to dip the bracelet in wd 40 for a whole night (picture above). However I am concerned that this way the clasp is also completely submerged in WD40, and that the clasp may become loose or very soft. Is this a good way? Or should I take out and just spray over screws and leave it overnight like I did before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

easfarmers

20/11/15
Ok guys, just received my JF 15400 yesterday &I need some input. In order to take out the links I sprayed the adjustable links with WD40 and left it over night. The next day I took the watch to my local watchmaker to adjust the links. However he could still not take out a few links.

1ceb313c58974c9adec9d122a6e5a8b2.jpg

So I came back and and decided to dip the bracelet in wd 40 for a whole night (picture above). However I am concerned that this way the clasp is also completely submerged in WD40, and that the clasp may become loose or very soft. Is this a good way? Or should I take out and just spray over screws and leave it overnight like I did before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm I don't think it will do that much harm? Yes Wd40 is corrosive, but we're talking about it taking ages to to harm. Given that JF bracelet is so stiff, might be a good idea to soak it overnight. Most people use baby oil though

garota69gostosa

I'm Pretty Popular
13/12/15
North Italy
Hallo chronomat!
Finde dass Du einen guten Geschmack hast,die Weisse ist echt viel besser.hab die billigere bestellt,(im Sonderangebot)aber Ryan hat meine Visa Electron nicht angenommen,so habe ich die Bestellung storniert,naja,hätte nicht gedacht,dass meine CC nicht
angenommen wird.Den 1.Kauf mit Banküberweisung,das war mir für die AP RO SS einfach zu teuer,denn der Bank 35€ zu schenken,ist gegen meinem Willen. Ich finde,dass die Weisse ein besseres Armband hat,die andere kommt mir etwas lasch vor,oder
täusche ich mich? Hab Spass an der Whity,ciao,
garota69gostosa

garota69gostosa

I'm Pretty Popular
13/12/15
North Italy
Salve !
Mi sembri un italiano,in vacanza? secondo me il TF sembra roba usata,posso anche sbagliarmi,il JF dopo un po di tempo si allentera quel poco che fa sentire il vero feeling. stupendo il JF !!!
ciao,
garota69gostosa

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Hallo chronomat!
Finde dass Du einen guten Geschmack hast,die Weisse ist echt viel besser.hab die billigere bestellt,(im Sonderangebot)aber Ryan hat meine Visa Electron nicht angenommen,so habe ich die Bestellung storniert,naja,hätte nicht gedacht,dass meine CC nicht
angenommen wird.Den 1.Kauf mit Banküberweisung,das war mir für die AP RO SS einfach zu teuer,denn der Bank 35€ zu schenken,ist gegen meinem Willen. Ich finde,dass die Weisse ein besseres Armband hat,die andere kommt mir etwas lasch vor,oder
garota69gostosa

Salve !
Mi sembri un italiano,in vacanza? secondo me il TF sembra roba usata,posso anche sbagliarmi,il JF dopo un po di tempo si allentera quel poco che fa sentire il vero feeling. stupendo il JF !!!
ciao,
garota69gostosa

Two languages, but not the one spoken here : English.

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
Perhaps If you speak English we can all understand what's the discussion all about

easfarmers

20/11/15
Hallo chronomat!
garota69gostosa

Yeah what's wrong with you mate? Be friendly

tats

Renowned Member
8/5/12
Just picked up a Jf black and I'm glad with my choice.

One question: how does one go about softening the sharp edges of the bracelet. I see people talking about wd-40 but I can't understand how that does anything to the sharpness.

The bracelet itself is super flexible (thanks to prof I think) but there are a few edges that are sharper than I'd like.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^ Use a high grit sandpaper. I've done that to mine and its super smooth now.

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Any idea when we can expect the JF v2? Looking to pull the trigger on the current JF model.