• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest acquisition.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Actually, it was the birthday present from my wife. Shipped on Dec.28, arrived on Jan.4th, right at breakfast time. Sweet...

Dealer - Lucy (TrueTime168, Supporting Vendor). Watches - 47mm PAM399 and 43mm Sub (Luthmariner). Dealer's service - outstanding. Quality control - top notch. PAM was replaced twice - weak stem on one, crown fell off on the second. Finally, Lucy got the perfect one.
Absolutely stunning watch - perfect size, sandwich dial with beautiful cream color lume, gold hands, elegant pillow case, beautiful crown.

The movement itself is the piece of art. They can, if they want... :biggrin:

Superlumed.

Notice - the size of PAM128 dial in bigger, than the dial of PAM399.

Wristie.

Next watch - Rolex Submariner XL, 43mm. I bought similar watch from WBK about a year ago, with DG-2813 movement, then gave it to a watchsmith to swap DG with gen. ETA 2836-2. Well... It's still on his table... So, knowing, how much I miss this watch, my better half ordered it with hi-beat mov't, to avoid the problems. What can I say... It's fantastic watch, everything aligned perfectly, winding is buttery smooth, ceramic bezel insert is shiny, bracelet fit my wrist with some space, definitely will be on my wrist for a looong time.

Now... About movement. I have to admit - I'm confused. It does look, like a clone, but with very strange stamp "2169 SW"... Never seen anything like that before. The rotor had LONGINES sticker, that was removed later. But movement works perfectly - lost 2 seconds in 24 hours, rotor is, practically, noiseless, and the winding is smooth, like a butter, or, like a gen. ETA.

Already aiming at 2-3 more watches next month. Problem is - my 60 watches box is completely full, and I have 5 more watches already - Blue DJ, DeWitt, Arktos, 399 and Sub XL. Problems, problems...

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
These are beauts, Luth! Really like that larger Sub -- is there a gen that size? Lucy is the best -- she goes that extra mile and it looks like there are a lot of us using her which is great. Why she's not a TD yet is anyone's guess.

Luthier

30/9/09
No such a gen. exist, mate, and it's a shame.
Yes, Lucy is a superb dealer, why she's not a TD yet - have no idea, if somebody deserved to be a TD - it's her.

smokiedabong

22/8/12
That movement is gorgeous. Are those the actual bridges or they are glued on?

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
No such a gen. exist, mate, and it's a shame.
Yes, Lucy is a superb dealer, why she's not a TD yet - have no idea, if somebody deserved to be a TD - it's her.
The fact that she seems to be doing a lot of member business while only a supporting vendor would suggest that her business would increase a lot if they gave her TD status. I have never had the type of service from any TD here that I get from her. Don't get me wrong, I've had pretty great service with all the TDs I've dealt with, but Lucy just trumps them all.

Luthier

30/9/09
Smokie, logically, it's the bridges, not a stickers. No point to mill out new bridges, then make stickers and glue it on it.
Emdeevee - sure, she would get way more business, being TD, not everyone pay attention to Supporting Vendors section.

mattyd

I'm Pretty Popular
30/12/09
Hello G --

Those watches are you for sure! A 40mm Sub would disappear on your wrists -- good solution mate.

aututto

Renowned Member
27/10/12
First two pics of that sub are hot!!! The ceramic subs have grown on me, they look absolutely stunning in some nice natural light!! Nice pick ups Luth!

HerrOberst

26/9/13
I agree, Lucy is the best. She got me a bracelet for a planet ocean that I have and I've ordered an aluminum sub with a 2836 Asian movement from her. Got the qc pictures the next day and she told me she shipped it today and will give me the tracking number tomorrow. Her communication is absolutely top notch.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Great acquisitions Luth, the PAM is a real beauty!

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Two nice watches there, but the 399 is really nice! I think I prefer it to the 127 now...

Enjoy them.

Bardamu

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/11
PAM movement is beautiful !

And discovering a Submariner XL 43 mm is a real surprise for me, I never heard about it before. Very interesting fantasy, for people looking for large watches.

Thanks for sharing those beauties !

Luthier

30/9/09
Two nice watches there, but the 399 is really nice! I think I prefer it to the 127 now...

Enjoy them.
+1. I realized, that seconds subdial on 127 is way too small for such a big watch (I have 127 too). And I really like lack of crownguard on 399.