• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Battle of the Aquanauts - ZF vs KMF vs GEN

rk2704

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/18
I think I'm gonna get a ZF too. Will keep the one I like best, and give the other one to a family member.

will share pics of ZF too when I receive them

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Received my QC.. (accepted)

QsBTp.md.jpg
QxZCs.md.jpg
QxKv0.md.jpg
QxpqF.md.jpg
QxvMr.md.jpg
Qx1BI.md.jpg
QxQ8o.md.jpg
QxRG2.md.jpg
QxMEd.md.jpg

Beautiful?

wow, it looks good. KMF version’s date wheel is not that bad. It would be better if it is little bit bigger.

KMF’s version doesn’t have the extended line behind the 5 o’clock marker (which is good = more Gen like). ZF’s version has the extended line behind the 5 o’clock marker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I forgotten to state, that hour markers on ZF is far more superior compare to KMF. On KMF's comparison with GEN, the prototype dial hour markers are almost flawless. But after closer inspection on multiple TD's, I noticed that KMF's workmanship is not as refined compared with ZF, there are spills of glue stains clustering around the hour markers and also the hour lumes are not filled up as same height compared to GEN. The lume sits much more recessed.

For anyone who is OCD, will require to do some mod work and clean up existing glue stains if persist. :(

Was about to correct you then saw you added this caveat. From the pictures, I agree with most of what you've said there. Well done, good summary

Reactions: AgentPena

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Kmf numerals are badly finished, ZFs other flaw is 6 o'clock groove lines are drawn too low (beyond like gen) but has nicer numerals finishing.

looks like either way have to choose one

I believe there has been a gen variation with this longer line that can't be unseen once seen :( but I'm yet to see it so don't take that as gospel!

rk2704

6/8/18
wow, it looks good. KMF version’s date wheel is not that bad. It would be better if it is little bit bigger.

KMF’s version doesn’t have the extended line behind the 5 o’clock marker (which is good = more Gen like). ZF’s version has the extended line behind the 5 o’clock marker.

I'll compare them side by side when I get them :)

Reactions: csthe

jimbo

24/7/06
What do you guys think of this?
fc9ecfa864884e0589ea6bb41662ca83.png

Reactions: Nivka

glee79

9/3/17
Someone please post a pic of a Good DW and the datewindow of the KMF Side by side.

Reactions: vcappp

natasjames

22/10/12
natasjames to be honest i think the dw is decent enough..

Individual tolerance level... I dunno much about pp but 1st look I noticed the DW is different from gen. While ZF DW is more towards the left, hopefully more pics from those who bought ZF showing the center position.

V6f looks good but the thickness is stopping me. Maybe like some wait for V2 of KMF or ZF but in rep, V2 will have its problems too :D

Reactions: vcappp