• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bad Gateway 502? Does anyone see the same?

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
What the hell? How can he think that threatening the forum is a good way to gain acceptance? No one here is ever going to want to have anything to do with him… The mindset of some people is incomprehensible…

Thanks for the incredible work in keeping the site running!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
robert deniro bar GIF

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Anyone on reddit can please post that the issue is a disgruntled dealer who wants to sell on RWI but we wont allow it.

I'm not releasing the info at this time but we have written demands to allow him "or else" and fully admitting to the attack.
This is insane, seriously insane. I hope they get what's coming to them, you guys are the real deal.

@TESLA760 has the appropriate gif above.

derryfarmer

Still New
15/4/24
North East, UK
Sadly a very real threat these days when you can get DDOS as a service subscriptions for £30/month. Any amateur with a bee in their bonnet can cause a lot of problems.

I have a lot of experience with the particular product you're using for DDOS protection so let me know if any input would be helpful. An ASN block usually does the trick to bring the traffic down to a manageable level.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Sadly a very real threat these days when you can get DDOS as a service subscriptions for £30/month. Any amateur with a bee in their bonnet can cause a lot of problems.

I have a lot of experience with the particular product you're using for DDOS protection so let me know if any input would be helpful. An ASN block usually does the trick to bring the traffic down to a manageable level.
This is indeed one of the things I did, but had to place a lot of other measures in place as well.

derryfarmer

Still New
15/4/24
North East, UK
This is indeed one of the things I did, but had to place a lot of other measures in place as well.
Of course, all attacks are different - that's where I usually start though, or user agent if it's a particularly poor quality attack.

Seems like you're back up and running now with the global challenge (y)

Andrew_watchlist

Supporter
Certified
28/4/24
Anyone on reddit can please post that the issue is a disgruntled dealer who wants to sell on RWI but we wont allow it.

I'm not releasing the info at this time but we have written demands to allow him "or else" and fully admitting to the attack.
Wow, then he is an idiot of epic proportions. To admit to such a thing.