• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

Jooc10

17/3/15
Approached @marrickville this time to have one of the markers on my VSF starbucks adjusted as it was very very slightly crooked (you will not be able to tell unless you actually stared at it long enough and draw lines on MS paint).

Please see points below:

1. His communication was clear and transparent.
2. Able to deliver earlier than expected (meet mutually agreed deadlines).
3. Completed the work - Magician!
4. He is very responsive, and keeps you updated on the progress.

Thanks mate!

slaxl stradler

Horology Curious
28/3/18
Does @marrickville do gold plating as well? I've got a Rolex 226659 Yachtmaster that I would like to get (white) gold plated and was wondering if he did that or if anyone can point me in the right direction? I'm based in Sydney.
genlik in sydney does gold plating, rose gold and white gold. he's a pretty humble guy.. works in the city, pitt st i believe.

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
genlik in sydney does gold plating, rose gold and white gold. he's a pretty humble guy.. works in the city, pitt st i believe.
Thanks for that! I'll definitely check him out. Have you had any work done by him before?

NickInSydney

Looking Around
2/7/19
NSW
Watch service and repair #2 with Marrickville and same great service as last time. This time a service and replacement of fourth wheel in the ETA clone movement of a ZF Tudor Black Bay GMT. Same experience as the last time - quick turn around, great comms and reasonable pricing.

Rookstar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/14
Australia
Once again @tongsui has come through with the goods.
He has delivered back to me today my Franken DJ41.
VSF Base
Gen Dial
Gen Hands
Gen Bezel
Gen Xtal
Came up beautifully, now I just need an Oyster bracelet to complete the build.

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
Hi All
Not wanting to start a new thread on this again so just asking if there is any update for a reputable and knowledgeable replica watch service available in Melbourne Australia- anywhere in Melbourne - im prepared to travel around. Looking to get an A7750 serviced for longevity. Thanks in advance....
Hello did you manage to find any watchsmiths in Melbourne that is rep friendly? Thanks

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
Not in Melbourne I’m afraid.
All the recommended are are in Sydney…
The search continues.
Have you tried bob shaos in the city? I’ve read he doesn’t mind working on reps