• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Assembly of 5513

sting

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
10/3/24
The case back. Does it look like it was stamped or engraved. Those are two different actions. Between the lugs is engraved. Is the case back inside stamped or engraved.
Yeah, inside the case back is stamped on the bivintage cases. I don't know why he's disappeared off eBay though, maybe try and reach out to him on here.

Yushang Jiang

Do not accept unsolicited offers
24/4/23
Harbin,China
Hello guys I’m a beginner to vintage Rolex, I recently bought a 5513 replica from a seller and I wonder what case does he use. Is this called milk case? The part I circled in red looks really weird for me compared to Gen. Do I need to do some improve? Really appreciate for everybody’s help!
This is the image

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/10/19
Hello guys I’m a beginner to vintage Rolex, I recently bought a 5513 replica from a seller and I wonder what case does he use. Is this called milk case? The part I circled in red looks really weird for me compared to Gen. Do I need to do some improve? Really appreciate for everybody’s help!
This is the image
I don't know much about it, but to my eyes it looks different from the MILK case.
I am not a detail-oriented person, but I believe that nothing is perfect in replicas.
Your watch looks great.
Enjoy your watch.

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
This is the image

Can you link the sales thread?
How much did you pay? And did you get a description ?

Yushang Jiang

24/4/23
Harbin,China
Can you link the sales thread?
How much did you pay? And did you get a description ?
I bought this from a Chinese seller called Time Works, I think he is one of the members of rwi but I don't know his account.
He told me all the parts are Vietnam and I paid 1180 USD.
Here is the case itself without any modification. I'm pretty happy about the dial and other parts, but I feel like I need some further modification on the case.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I bought this from a Chinese seller called Time Works, I think he is one of the members of rwi but I don't know his account.
He told me all the parts are Vietnam and I paid 1180 USD.
Here is the case itself without any modification. I'm pretty happy about the dial and other parts, but I feel like I need some further modification on the case.

I like this case.
Can you show the sides and a close up picture of the lugholes ?

What i would do with this is to change the insert and pearl, and the crystal too.

I think the crystal is why you feel the watch is « wrong ». There is a big light distortion on the sides due to its shape

Also, the watch is new. So it does not feel credible as 5513 are old watches

Yushang Jiang

24/4/23
Harbin,China
I like this case.

What i would do with this is to change the insert and pearl, and the crystal too.

I think the crystal is why you feel the watch is « wrong ». There is a big light distortion on the sides due to its shape

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Thanks
I confirm that a crystal change would be good and solve your visual issue

You need a Tropic 19 crystal

The lug shape and bezel are very nice. This is a good case.

Maybe needs to redrill the lugholes to 1.3mm and adjust the springbars

Reactions: 369mafia

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/10/19
Thanks
I confirm that a crystal change would be good and solve your visual issue

You need a Tropic 19 crystal

The lug shape and bezel are very nice. This is a good case.

Maybe needs to redrill the lugholes to 1.3mm and adjust the springbars
My view differs slightly from yours.

I see the same rehaut edge on the two Vietnamese cases I have.
I think this is because the edge of the rehaut appears thicker from the front of the case.
The two have different plexi.
This is not resolved by replacing the plexi.

Also, if it is the same Vietnamese case I have, I believe the lug holes are already 1.3mm.
In the first picture @Yushang Jiang posted, the PIP has already been replaced.

KJEkQQ.jpeg

KJEdUS.jpeg

Reactions: Hec and Karbon74

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
this is a great build @trash3939

i recommend also changing the crown 702 as it sticks out too much. i too have used bi case for my build but trashed the insert for Slays.

edit: i think we have the same case as the CGs are same

KJcKsE.jpeg

Last edited:

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/10/19
I like this case.

This is a comparison with the MILK case.
If you compare the 1680 with the 5513 case, the edge of the rehaut does not appear large on the 1680 case.

In my opinion, the 1680 and 5513 cases are the same in appearance but the 1680 dial is 26.5mm while the 5513 dial is 26mm.
I think this is due to the smaller opening dimension of the rehaut in the 5513 case compared to the 1680 case.
Therefore, compared to the 1680 case, the 5513 case appears thicker at the edge of the rehaut when viewed from the front.

KJc2Zn.jpeg

Reactions: Karbon74 and wubsub

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
14/10/19
  • Love
Reactions: wubsub