• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
efce430eece85126e92241c266702d43.jpg
7116cf072c69ac25c844f4776235fcd5.jpg

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
Nice!!!!

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
qGrHT.jpg

Mine arrived. Here's the weight of it at 186g as it comes out of the box. Not sure how close it is to gen. The bezel action on mine is quite good. It's not too stiff or too loose and sounds very close to the gen bezel going by youtube reviews. Not much play either. Don't know how close the feel is to the gen bezel but it's nice enough for me.

I've been trying to size the bracelet and although the links are no problem to add and remove, I can't for the life of me remove the dive extension. That screw is unbelievably tight. How on earth did some of you guys get it off? I'd appreciate some tips.

Reactions: m5smg2 and szumi

ofircupra

Horology Curious
11/11/18
The screw was easy on mine.
I took the diver extension off since I have a small wrist, it makes it much more comfortable on the wrist without it.

Reactions: m5smg2

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I personally like this without the cyclops and most likely have mine done as such

I got two crystals from profs first batch for the SD43 one without cyclops which also prefer and one with cyclops. Cyclops had issues, like ripples in the glass so I sent it back and I’m still waiting for replacement. Apparently he will be doing a better mag cyclops also

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
That's odd there was that issue with the ripples, normally his glass is pretty stable. I'm having one without cyclops put on as we speak and had the lugs and bezel cleaned up.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
That's odd there was that issue with the ripples, normally his glass is pretty stable. I'm having one without cyclops put on as we speak and had the lugs and bezel cleaned up.

Ah nice!... yeah the ripples where surrounding the cyclops. Looked weird, could have even been the AR
when did you purchase yours? Is it new batch? My non cyclops SD43 crystal failed pressure test as the dimensions where different to the original

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS

I purchased a v2 m2m late last year, shortly after receiving it, I sent it off to Jonj480 to do the metal work and replace the crystal. He's been giving me updates and pictures and it's looking sharp.

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
So after having it for a while I'm very happy with this one. The only thing that's a downer really is the crystal likes to get smudged easily and wiping it tends to smear the smudges instead of cleaning it. I have to get a microfiber or a damp cloth to get the crystal 100% clean. Strange thing as none of my other watches have this issue (even ones without AR coating).

Sumo45

Horology Curious
1/8/12
I just received my QC pictures I would love any feedback. Does the cyclops and date seem misaligned? Date sitting low? Thanks

RBB224

16/10/16
I got two crystals from profs first batch for the SD43 one without cyclops which also prefer and one with cyclops. Cyclops had issues, like ripples in the glass so I sent it back and I’m still waiting for replacement. Apparently he will be doing a better mag cyclops also

Care to show a picture about the ripple? is it very bad?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

Care to show a picture about the ripple? is it very bad?

Here’s a few picks, it was very hard to capture. Some angles you couldn’t see it but at others it was very obvious. I only have pics with crystal off the watch. There’s also a pic of the retaining profile ARF is the one on top and is slightly different which may have caused the failed pressure test. I used a new gasket second time round and it was a bit better. Prof said he’s got new ones made now so I’m hoping he’ll replace the defective one