• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF - Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 LN on Jubilee **NEW ARRIVAL**

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's weird they don't make a smurf yet they make the bracelet. I asked Li and he was like "yeah I know, it's weird". But maybe they make it for people like me who wanted the PCL and the Glide lock clasp.

It's definitely not a GMT bracelet because it's a submariner clasp. I'm sure you know the GMTs have that short sports model safety clasp while the submarines have the longer dive clasp and also have the Glide lock clasp. It also says 97200 on the inside end link I believe. I thought I took a Pic of it before I put it on but I must not have.

In the 1st Pic you have:
1. The VRF GMT clasp.
2. ARF Smurf bracelet (see the length of the dive bracelet?
3. ARF Submariner (my Hulk) clasp.
4. GMT Jubilee bracelet.

You can see on all the GMT clasps are shorter. I'm assuming that the ARF GMTs have the correct clasp on them with the correct code.

It might be tough to see some of the PCLs because the plastic is still on all of them.
80c890236aa99b5e04dff0cdd380d149.jpg
d11aa7ba638b63ae2711047584e8933f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wow, great pick up then. Glidelock on a GMT is the ultimate!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Wow, great pick up then. Glidelock on a GMT is the ultimate!

Lol. Funny, I’m always the one saying that to you every time I see that... what is it? GMF 5 digit coke?

But Absolutely.
I asked him about a PCL and a glidelock and was shocked when he said he could get an ARF. I figured I would get the ARF GMT bracelet and try to pick up the best possible rep smurf I could and just use the clasp. Because once you’re used to the glidelock, it’s tough to go back to a clasp without one.

I was also also thinking about maybe just going all brushed because the pcl are so difficult to keep clean and once. For now, I’ll stick to factory spec and see what happens and maybe start switching out details later. I’ll wait on the Batman first.

One thing I will say, the VRF gmt and the ARF bracelet came smelling like smoke. I’m not a smoker and when I opened the package, my house smelled like stale cigarette smoke all day. I washed them both down twice before it let up. I could just smell some guy chain smoking over these watches as they put them together. Lol

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I could just smell some guy chain smoking over these watches as they put them together. Lol

Oh man I know, the whole package always stinks, the crap we put up with to wear fake Rolexes, haha.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
last week on trf there is a guy selling a GMT jubilee bracelet and he has pics of it on all his watches. (well it was a jubilee. I'm assuming it was a GMT) An LN gmt, a hulk, a Daytona, a 116710blnr and in his listing he wrote "I know Rolex states this bracelet won't fit other models. But it does... Here are pics of this actual bracelet". So just because Rolex says it, doesn't mean it's accurate. I mean they have been known for blowing proverbial smoke...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I saw that add its the the 63600 super jubilee that comes on the 36mm datejust... I’ve fitted my ARF super jubilee to most of my oyster cases but it doesn’t take 2mm springbars

buzz483

Horology Curious
13/1/20
This is my first post on this forum and of course I will try not to ask the typical newbie questions!. I have spent many many days/hours reading through this forum to get up to speed and it’s actually been a positive experience so thanks to all of the contributors.
I note that the term ‘fantasy’ watch has been used, but this has confused me slightly. At the start of this thread there was 2 links to watches that are being offered by Puretime. Am I correct in my assumption that the watch with the 2 tone dial is actually a ‘2019 Batman/Batgirl’ rep i.e. it is NOT a fantasy watch? I have included a picture of a genuine 2019 Batman/Batgirl watch as a reference.
Another observation is how can any factory making the Batman 2 tone dials get the transition point so wrong? As you can see on the picture that I have included, the blue/black transition just ends at the start of the number 8 on the bezel (covers it by I guess 1mm, but on the VRF version it is so far out! - I guess 3-4mm. How can factory’s get this obvious ‘tell’ so wrong when they put so much effort into cloning the more difficult aspects - I just don’t get it..... Genuine question!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
TT has a new noob listed with the “clone 3131”

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?ma...ducts_id=21246

4ff28981177c67bd05e374a888d11cfb.jpg

listed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a 2836 with fake engravings and a different rotor that looks like the new Rolex monobloc rotor. It also has a different balance bridge that looks more like the 31xx ones. The left half of the balance bridge is deco and does nothing at all, not even touching the balance assembly. In return for the updated look, you lose the micro adjustment screw.

Otherwise identical to the one they are selling at a clearance price.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?ma...ducts_id=16188

Last edited:

airBUSdriver

Supporter
Certified
2/2/20
EU
Hey all. . I did a deep dive on the actual diameters of springbars and pivots per bracelet and case for the GMTs. Here's the thread I ended up finding the best info on: https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...9&postcount=32 Note that the link is missing 1167XX springbar measurements. I don't own a set of calipers, but I am almost certain the springbars on 1167xx are 20mm x 2.0mm x 0.90mm.

Excerpt from that link:

With that in mind, I think the 126710 jubilee bracelet would require a 20mm x 1.5mm x 0.90mm springbar to fit the 116710 case. I have some on order so I can confirm shortly.

Thanks for sharing!