• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF - Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 LN on Jubilee **NEW ARRIVAL**

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ - Quick question. VRF also released Batman in jubilee with proper dial (coronet at 6) but insert is terrible. Without going any gen parts - Is this VRF (for the movement) with GMF v3 insert the best rep? Have you heard of GMF selling insert separately ? As you know, I am really trying to save my kidney :D

The VRF case is OK, but the ARF is better. The top ledge of the VRF rehaut is rough and the overall finish is not as good. It would be "OK", if you sand and rebrush the rehaut ledge. Maybe VRF has or will run out of that case batch soon, who knows. The ARF caseset is great as is, case, bracelet, clasp ofc no Jubilee yet.

I will reserve judgment on the GMF insert til someone gets one in hand. I can't tell if the markers are white or silver. I recently bought a GMF blue dial and the markers were white, much to my surprise. I immediately dug out the white and did a silver paint mod. So there's a history of white markers from GMF, first I've seen that from a top tier rep factory.

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
It's not an uncommon mod gen or rep, this combo is nothing new. Rolex made the 126710 Batman (with Jubilee) have a slightly different SEL configuration so the watch would not take an oyster bracelet. IDK exactly what is different, but people found a way around it and have mated the gen oyster to a gen 126710 case. Maybe it needed a different springbar, or a custom bending of the springbar. So I imagine there would also be some minor issues fitting a gen 126710 bracelet to a 116710 case. The same would likely NOT be true for reps, I think they would be interchangeable, at least within the same factory.

Agree with what KJ said. Also the pics that OP posted are “strange”. The gen jubilee bracelet on the 126710 (and even on the DJ41) have a very small Link on the first one (the one with SEL). So 2 links fit inside the Lug. But the pics that OP posted has very long first SEL link, I don’t know which bracelet is this. Look at the Gens pics below:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/gmt-ma...blnr-0002.html

https://www.rolex.com/watches/dateju...6334-0002.html

Even my rep DJ41 bracelet is like the gen.

Last edited:

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Gmt models and jubilee bracelets have always been produced by Rolex with the exception of the ceramic models until the BLRO arrived and many people like the style of it but it’s not for everyone especially if you have a hairy wrist!! Haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It's not an uncommon mod gen or rep, this combo is nothing new. Rolex made the 126710 Batman (with Jubilee) have a slightly different SEL configuration so the watch would not take an oyster bracelet. IDK exactly what is different, but people found a way around it and have mated the gen oyster to a gen 126710 case. Maybe it needed a different springbar, or a custom bending of the springbar. So I imagine there would also be some minor issues fitting a gen 126710 bracelet to a 116710 case. The same would likely NOT be true for reps, I think they would be interchangeable, at least within the same factory.

Im not 100% but I think the gen 126710 Batman case may have the ability to take the oyster. Pretty sure it’s the other way round as in the jubilee won’t fit a case that originally came with an oyster as the jubilee has little protruding notches inside the SEL sort of like like the datejust 41 bracelet

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Pretty sure that’s why people go the super jubilee option for oyster cases like gmt sub and even Daytona as they have a similar internal SEL to the oyster bracelet

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Im not 100% but I think the gen 126710 Batman case may have the ability to take the oyster. Pretty sure it’s the other way round as in the jubilee won’t fit a case that originally came with an oyster as the jubilee has little protruding notches inside the SEL sort of like like the datejust 41 bracelet

I can't say firsthand bro because I've never had either gen Batman in hand. But every blog page I've read about the Batman that addresses this issue has a comment like this one

"According to Rolex, it’s not possible to switch between the two bracelet types. This is because the lugs have been redesigned specifically for the new end links of the Jubilee bracelet. This has been the source of some contention as many people prefer their tool watches with an Oyster bracelet."

https://thewatchlounge.com/rolex-gm...ex-gmt-master-ii-ref-116710blnr-batman-price/

Reactions: Toksic

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Pretty good article here about Jubilee bracelets. Although it doesn't address the issue of the difference between single link SEL and the new style "stairstep" Jubilee SEL. Those are the only ones ever used on production 6 digit GMTs (126710 BLRO and BLNR). I'm still looking but I'm betting they appeared before that on the DJ41. The VRF LN has the new stairstep SEL, which is more attractive I think. Plus you dont have to worry about SEL recess!

https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-jubilee-bracelet/

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Pretty good article here about Jubilee bracelets. Although it doesn't address the issue of the difference between single link SEL and the new style "stairstep" Jubilee SEL. Those are the only ones ever used on production 6 digit GMTs (126710 BLRO and BLNR). I'm still looking but I'm betting they appeared before that on the DJ41. The VRF LN has the new stairstep SEL, which is more attractive I think. Plus you dont have to worry about SEL recess!

https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-jubilee-bracelet/

Thanks for the info, yeah I read some info somewhere about it a while ago but wasn’t sure as it’s hard finding a definite answer for pics
a buddy of mine really wanted to try the jubilee from a 126710 On his his Batman with oyster so he sourced the jubilee but apparently those little studs stopped him from being able to install it. I could be wrong but I’ll have to ask him if I can have a look to confirm lol. Unfortunately the jubilee from the dj41 has 21mm lug so couldn’t use it. I love the gmt with jubilee and I like this LN from VRF but it would be nice to be able to swap between oyster also. I have an GMF jubilee on my smurf... fits the sub case well so could use that on oyster case
apologies for going off topic lol

Reactions: asanibal

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 you probably already seen this
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/for...v-blnr-blro-bracelet-hacks-4926677.html?amp=1

the springbar ends for 2mm bars and 1.8mm are different sizes obviously and the jubilee may use the 1.8 bar, if the case is drilled to only use 1.8mm bars the 2mm bar in the oyster won’t engage so swapping bars may be the simple alternative.

I had come across that thread before, but didn't delve too deeply in it because the measurements chart isn't showing. I'm sure you're right about the lug detents and the springbar thickness being the (probably intentionally) roadblock put in place by Rolex.

I read further into that thread just now and there are some valid points made by an engineer concerning excessive wear from using a small cylinder in a larger hole, and tips too small for the detents.

The OP later admitted in narrative to using a 1.5mm springbar with Jubilee on the Hulk, which as we all know is not a great solution. Also he used a 19mm springbar in one combo! He finally felt the need to make a disclaimer on his whole presentation.

"I know these combos I've listed are not optimal and there is risk of breakdown with extended use, so definitely use at your own discretion, these are hacks! The combinations I've listed all work and said springbars lie securely in respective lugholes. Having said that, some combinations feel super tight and secure, and others have minimal play... Would I wear one of these hack combos long term, probably not. Personally, I prefer the original versions best, but I enjoy mixing things up."

I think on a case by case basis, we could mod springbars to make an acceptable fit. For example the Yuki Sub oyster bracelet won't take a 2.0mm bar because the hole in the connecting SEL half link is too small. But you can just slim the springbar barrel down a little and it fits. Easier to do than opening up the link hole if you don't have great tools.

But on reps, like you did with the GMF Jubilee on the Smurf I think the bracelets would be much more interchangeable than gens. At least they wouldn't be intentionally trying to make them different!

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
KJ2020 totally agree with you there mate not worth the risk with a gen.... I had to drill out the gmf jubilee SEL to take the 2mm spring bar I wasn’t confident with the smaller bar lol.

Reactions: KJ2020

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I can't say firsthand bro because I've never had either gen Batman in hand. But every blog page I've read about the Batman that addresses this issue has a comment like this one

"According to Rolex, it’s not possible to switch between the two bracelet types. This is because the lugs have been redesigned specifically for the new end links of the Jubilee bracelet. This has been the source of some contention as many people prefer their tool watches with an Oyster bracelet."

https://thewatchlounge.com/rolex-gm...ex-gmt-master-ii-ref-116710blnr-batman-price/
last week on trf there is a guy selling a GMT jubilee bracelet and he has pics of it on all his watches. (well it was a jubilee. I'm assuming it was a GMT) An LN gmt, a hulk, a Daytona, a 116710blnr and in his listing he wrote "I know Rolex states this bracelet won't fit other models. But it does... Here are pics of this actual bracelet". So just because Rolex says it, doesn't mean it's accurate. I mean they have been known for blowing proverbial smoke...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Conceyted

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/19
KJ2020 totally agree with you there mate not worth the risk with a gen.... I had to drill out the gmf jubilee SEL to take the 2mm spring bar I wasn’t confident with the smaller bar lol.

O_O you drilled out the GMF Jubilee SELs to take 2.0mm springbars? How did that work out? Did you just use the previous center point of the springbar hole and bore out on each side or did you recenter and take more material off of one side to adjust springbar alignment? I went a different route and ordered some 1.5mm springbars with 0.9mm pivots to match the bore of the bracelet and case as is, but the thought of boring out the holes crossed my mind.

Hazing

9/5/19
Here is a few pics of a gen with the jubilee. I do like the look, fantasy or not.. I think anyone even with a gen watch can buy a gen jubilee bracelet and wear it. Makes it a unique piece.

i agree with you. I like the ln gmt on a jubilee. I said that months ago and it looks great especially because it’s what we’re used to seeing now. I mean Rolex discontinued the LN because they switched to a system where steel GMT’s are on Jubilee bracelets so if you’re someone who likes the 126710 models, you’re going to like the LN on a jubilee.

Ive also seen a large number of people on trf and on IG who put a jubilee on a 116710blnr too.

Conceyted

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/19
Hey all. . I did a deep dive on the actual diameters of springbars and pivots per bracelet and case for the GMTs. Here's the thread I ended up finding the best info on: https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...9&postcount=32 Note that the link is missing 1167XX springbar measurements. I don't own a set of calipers, but I am almost certain the springbars on 1167xx are 20mm x 2.0mm x 0.90mm.

Excerpt from that link:
The correct measurements are as follows:
  • 1.50mm / 1.20mm (GMT 12671x - 69200/79201/79205)
  • 1.80mm / 0.90mm (Daytona 1165xx - 78590)
  • 2.00mm / 0.90mm (Submariner 116610 - 97200)
  • 2.00mm / 1.20mm (Explorer 214270 - 77200)

With that in mind, I think the 126710 jubilee bracelet would require a 20mm x 1.5mm x 0.90mm springbar to fit the 116710 case. I have some on order so I can confirm shortly.

Reactions: airBUSdriver

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey all. . I did a deep dive on the actual diameters of springbars and pivots per bracelet and case for the GMTs. Here's the thread I ended up finding the best info on: https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...9&postcount=32 Note that the link is missing 1167XX springbar measurements. I don't own a set of calipers, but I am almost certain the springbars on 1167xx are 20mm x 2.0mm x 0.90mm.

Excerpt from that link:

With that in mind, I think the 126710 jubilee bracelet would require a 20mm x 1.5mm x 0.90mm springbar to fit the 116710 case. I have some on order so I can confirm shortly.

Great info bro, thanks for sharing. Keep in mind these measurements are for gens and it won't necessarily be accurate for reps. There has always been some variation in bracelet specs between factories - there is no standardization for anything - detent placement, SEL shape and thickness, springbar thickness, tip size, even springbar length. VRF Max Sub lugs are 19.9mm apart they and won't take any other factory's bracelet without modification.

Hazing

9/5/19
On the VRF GMT I got in yesterday (I was tempted to order a jubilee but decided against it for now despite loving the look of the LN on a jubilee) and also got an ARF submariner bracelet (I got a smurf bracelet) and it slipped right on. It slipped on easily and fits very snug.

I was about to order Rolex Springbars when I was waiting for delivery, but I wanted the watch in hand first. Especially considering I was going to swap bracelets. But the stock vrf GMT spring Bars slipped easily on when putting on a submariner bracelet.

Also, a few months ago I put a jubilee (it was just a decent 316l bracelet I had handy) on my hulk and I had a bitch of a time with gen Rolex spring bars. So I went down to smaller ones (I don't remember the size) and I got it in but it didn't look or feel right. I chalked it up to being 316 instead on 904 because I'm getting used to it but maybe I'll try again.
c3eb9a44ebed34620e27dbf214237392.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
On the VRF GMT I got in yesterday (I was tempted to order a jubilee but decided against it for now despite loving the look of the LN on a jubilee) and also got an ARF submariner bracelet (I got a smurf bracelet) and it slipped right on. It slipped on easily and fits very snug.

I was about to order Rolex Springbars when I was waiting for delivery, but I wanted the watch in hand first. Especially considering I was going to swap bracelets. But the stock vrf GMT spring Bars slipped easily on when putting on a submariner bracelet.

Also, a few months ago I put a jubilee (it was just a decent 316l bracelet I had handy) on my hulk and I had a bitch of a time with gen Rolex spring bars. So I went down to smaller ones (I don't remember the size) and I got it in but it didn't look or feel right. I chalked it up to being 316 instead on 904 because I'm getting used to it but maybe I'll try again.
c3eb9a44ebed34620e27dbf214237392.jpg

That must be an ARF GMT bracelet isn't it bro? ARF doesn't make a PCL Sub bracelet AFAIK. They don't make a Smurf.

Hazing

9/5/19
That must be an ARF GMT bracelet isn't it bro? ARF doesn't make a PCL Sub bracelet AFAIK. They don't make a Smurf.
It's weird they don't make a smurf yet they make the bracelet. I asked Li and he was like "yeah I know, it's weird". But maybe they make it for people like me who wanted the PCL and the Glide lock clasp.

It's definitely not a GMT bracelet because it's a submariner clasp. I'm sure you know the GMTs have that short sports model safety clasp while the submarines have the longer dive clasp and also have the Glide lock clasp. It also says 97200 on the inside end link I believe. I thought I took a Pic of it before I put it on but I must not have.

In the 1st Pic you have:
1. The VRF GMT clasp.
2. ARF Smurf bracelet (see the length of the dive bracelet?
3. ARF Submariner (my Hulk) clasp.
4. GMT Jubilee bracelet.

You can see on all the GMT clasps are shorter. I'm assuming that the ARF GMTs have the correct clasp on them with the correct code.

It might be tough to see some of the PCLs because the plastic is still on all of them.
80c890236aa99b5e04dff0cdd380d149.jpg
d11aa7ba638b63ae2711047584e8933f.jpg