• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Arf gray 114300 oyster perpetual

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Hi all, I have the earlier JF version and now also the ARF 1114300 rhodium grey version, here are some comments:
The SEL from the ARF is perfect, 0% play and very close to genuine. The JF is also good but you really see the difference..
The crown on the dial: The 3D effect is also there with the ARF, even slightly more then with the JF (very close and hard to tell), the oval space in the crown is a little more oval with the JF and more round with the ARF. The JF is closer to genuine.
All markers with the ARF are (almost) perfect aligned, with the JF I have the impression that some are always a bit off..
The dial from the ARF is very close to the JF, in my case the ARF is just a little less shiny (which I prefer), color is the same.
When tapping on the clasp (when closed) there's also a clicking sound with the ARF ( same as with JF), not really a problem,.
Difference between 904 and 316 steel is hard to see, I have the impression that the shapes of the case of the ARF are a little more defined (sharper).
Inside the clasp from the ARF GENEV A ( the space is mostly off with the A)is written wrong, for me no problem but JF is better.

My conclusion: Even with the 'wrong' crown and GENEV A, I prefer the new ARF version over the JF.
The ARF arrived in good condition and the movement is working fine for the moment, very silent and smooth to wind. Of course it is the same movement of the JF but this came in with a lot of problems from the start and had to be serviced right away..

Hopes this helps :)
Hey man, I thought I could get rid of the clicking clasp noice by buying an ARF clasp, but now I can't. Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Voske

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/17
Clicking sound from the clasp is still present with the ARF :), you can fix this by putting a (very) small piece of foam tape inside the clasp..invisible and stops the clicking 100%
Even my genuine oyster has this clicking sound but very subtle of course compared to the replica's..

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
Out of stock permanently or temporarily?

The way my TD made it sound, it seems of temporary nature, since ARF is trying to push sales on the 904 steel version (gets them extra $ per watch). Although I wouldn't fully exclude the possibility of the 316 version not coming back. We shall see.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
The way my TD made it sound, it seems of temporary nature, since ARF is trying to push sales on the 904 steel version (gets them extra $ per watch). Although I wouldn't fully exclude the possibility of the 316 version not coming back. We shall see.

If you want to buy one Intime can get them. Puretime can not for some reason. Probably won't be able to get them much longer. I asked because I intended to buy the grey dial but before I pulled the trigger I ended up having to spend a decent chunk of change on my car.

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
If you want to buy one Intime can get them. Puretime can not for some reason. Probably won't be able to get them much longer. I asked because I intended to buy the grey dial but before I pulled the trigger I ended up having to spend a decent chunk of change on my car.

Thanks for the heads-up! Unfortunately my funds are already with my TD; no turning back now haha. Timing was simply unlucky. Nevertheless, I'm considering topping up for the 904l version or simply going with another watch I like. If I do end up with the ARF version, I'll certainly report my findings.

sumatera

11/11/16
Has anyone considered the BP version? Its cheaper with a better dial movement, the bracelet and overall build quality is also better apparently...

sumatera

11/11/16
Can you link reviews or comparison pics?

Sorry I have no real solid evidence just going on stuff I heard and read when reviewing the consensus nwbig list. I am looking for answers and feedback on this myself...

0x9

11/8/17
EU [GER]
Here is an example I found one for you Taco:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/com..._bp_grey_dial/

With the BP you wont have the issue of having to service the watch immediately after receiving...

Then youre informed absolutely wrong. The JF was and is way ahead of the BP. There are several threads concerning this question, one with superb comparison pictures. I cant link them though, as im on the phone.

Dial is worse, Movememt cant compete with a serviced SH, bracelet is worse,... Where you got that information from?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Has anyone considered the BP version? Its cheaper with a better dial movement, the bracelet and overall build quality is also better apparently...

Every bit of that statement is wrong . The grey and Red grape JF 114300 are considered NWBIG 'Super Reps' the BP is not . The JF has a better dial , better case , better hands, better build etc you get the drift .

There are two reasons people buy the BP version , the main one being it has an clone ETA . Some people don't like the SH3132 clone Rolex movement in the JF , though i have had nil problems with them (touch wood). The second if you are buying the blue dial version the BP dial is better than the Blue JF . Although if i was desperate for blue 114300 , i would have purchased a JF watch and a BP blue dial . The JF 114300 is a FAR SUPERIOR rep when compared to the BP . It was deservedly the only NWBIG 'Super rep' Rolex on the consensual list ( the other two haven't been available for a while , and are not OOTB watches ) . If somebody asked me 'what is the most gen like replica watch ' IMO it is (was ) the JF 114300 Red Grape .

sumatera

11/11/16
The BP has a better rehaut shape and better bracelet. Both reps have advantages and disadvantages. If you are happy to spend the money to service a brand new watch then by all means go for the JF if you can find one. Works out a couple of hundred dollars more overall though if you factor in the service cost.

NWBIG list is great in some ways but it does sideline some other great alternative reps such as the BP 114300