• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

Rustyrust

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/18
To get the gen dial and hands and possibly crown to fit without any problems, you would need an SH3135 movement which these two don't have. I am also building a Franken and that's why I'm still awaiting the ARF as it has the SH3135 v2 movement. I originally wanted another JF with the SH3135 movement, but apparently these are no longer available. As none of the original gold from the ARF will exist on the final Franken watch, I am not too concerned about if it is too yellow.

You're right, the GMF has the A3135 which is a decorated 2836

SH3135 should fit in the BP case no problem

I just can't get past putting over 3k+ parts in the ARF case, which seems to have the worse case shape among other sub reps (Noob, GMF, BP, VRF).

Rustyrust

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/18
The BP looks like it’s got wrapped SEL’s too. I don’t know too much about case shape etc but the SEL’s are an instant tell. I think that makes BP the first 904L bracelet with painted sells you can buy. - Only downside is the SA3135 rather than SH3135.

Sent from the RWI App

If the BP's got wrapped SELs it's a winner! Need to check with my TD, might order one this week.

Ideally Noob should make a LB with wrapped SELs and 3135 case, they have the best case shape and gold color seems spot on

Wearing out of the box and not modding I would just go with the Noob!

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
If the BP's got wrapped SELs it's a winner! Need to check with my TD, might order one this week.

Ideally Noob should make a LB with wrapped SELs and 3135 case, they have the best case shape and gold color seems spot on

Wearing out of the box and not modding I would just go with the Noob!

Only downside would be the movement! Let me know about the SEL’s. They look wrapped from the pictures.

Sent from the RWI App

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
What are you planning to do for the bracelet and crown?

I think the ARF crown is too shallow, that’s why it seems to appear to sit proud on them. All others, VRF, Noob etc all seem wider. I’ve compared to a GMT master 2 rep that I’ve got and even a 115613 LN (gen) that I was window shopping and my theory seems to check out.

Anyone care to weigh in?

I am going to swap the bracelet from my VRF Max on to the ARF (hoping it fits straight on with no issues) and I've got a gen crown.

Hopefully its that simple as the crown being too shallow.

I just can't get past putting over 3k+ parts in the ARF case, which seems to have the worse case shape among other sub reps (Noob, GMF, BP, VRF).
Is the BP case not slightly thicker? If it is, it will only be marginally thicker, although you have given me an idea I wish I thought of ages ago. I might just try and get an SH3135 movement and transplant it in the VRF case, assuming it fits OK and will take all the gen parts. Both ARF and VRF are 40 x 12.8mm so would assume would be OK as I'll be putting over £4,500 into it. I've got all this to fit :D

Genuine Rolex Dial
Genuine Rolex Hands
Genuine Rolex DateWheel
Genuine Rolex Solid Gold Bezel
Genuine Rolex Ceramic Insert
Genuine Rolex Retainer
Genuine Rolex Hyrtel
Genuine Rolex Click Springs
Genuine Rolex Crystal
Genuine Rolex Solid Gold Crown
Genuine Rolex Tube & Gaskets
Genuine Rolex Autowind
Genuine Rolex Springbars

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07

Looks like this gmf has a sa3135. If you watch the video sels look plated. Just ordered one to see what it looks like.

Going the franken route looking for the best midcase as well.

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=19615

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
I am going to swap the bracelet from my VRF Max on to the ARF (hoping it fits straight on with no issues) and I've got a gen crown.

Hopefully its that simple as the crown being too shallow.

Is the BP case not slightly thicker? If it is, it will only be marginally thicker, although you have given me an idea I wish I thought of ages ago. I might just try and get an SH3135 movement and transplant it in the VRF case, assuming it fits OK and will take all the gen parts. Both ARF and VRF are 40 x 12.8mm so would assume would be OK as I'll be putting over £4,500 into it. I've got all this to fit :D

Genuine Rolex Dial
Genuine Rolex Hands
Genuine Rolex DateWheel
Genuine Rolex Solid Gold Bezel
Genuine Rolex Ceramic Insert
Genuine Rolex Retainer
Genuine Rolex Hyrtel
Genuine Rolex Click Springs
Genuine Rolex Crystal
Genuine Rolex Solid Gold Crown
Genuine Rolex Tube & Gaskets
Genuine Rolex Autowind
Genuine Rolex Springbars

As you are putting a Gen Crown, would you be looking to sell the VRF / BP crown? I’m looking to replace my ARF one.

You’ll have to keep us updated on you build!

Sent from the RWI App

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
As you are putting a Gen Crown, would you be looking to sell the VRF / BP crown? I’m looking to replace my ARF one.

You’ll have to keep us updated on you build!

Sent from the RWI App

After checking this morning, an SH3135 won't fit into the VRF case due to the stem height being different, so looks like I will have to stick to my original plan and get the ARF. Therefore, my VRF Max will likely remain untouched apart from the bracelet.

Once I get the ARF I will keep you all updated on the build progress.

[email protected]

Horology Curious
1/3/19
Only downside would be the movement! Let me know about the SEL’s. They look wrapped from the pictures.

Sent from the RWI App

Apparently the noob has wrapped SEL and middle gold links? I read somewhere it does.. then I read someone say it doesn’t. can anyone confirm? I have been driving myself crazy with these bloody watches the last couple weeks! Haha

Sent from the RWI App

Abduljay

Renowned Member
Certified
8/2/19
Do some TDs offer custom order with real swiss eta 3135 on this watch? anyone know the price?

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
So I originally ordered the ARF but changed my mind and went with the VRF MAX because the QC from factory is still terrible in my opinion. Crazy DW font, Xstals with extremely visible LEC, and they still haven’t fixed the issue with the crown not sitting flush. I wanted the best out of box 116613 and the ARF in its current form isn’t it.
If it was just a matter of swapping the Xstal for a Prof black hole I’d do it but then add in the cost for a gen DW + getting a modder to slim the crown stem and all the labor involved the price of the watch just about doubles. So I might as well pay a bit extra and go with the VRF.. at least I’m getting a wrapped bracelet and if I still need to swap the Xstal I’m ok with that bc it would still come in significantly cheaper then going with the ARF and having to fix all those known issues.

I guess everyone’s situation is different but this is just how I see it :)

Reactions: Rolemars

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
So I originally ordered the ARF but changed my mind and went with the VRF MAX because the QC from factory is still terrible in my opinion. Crazy DW font, Xstals with extremely visible LEC, and they still haven’t fixed the issue with the crown not sitting flush. I wanted the best out of box 116613 and the ARF in its current form isn’t it.
If it was just a matter of swapping the Xstal for a Prof black hole I’d do it but then add in the cost for a gen DW + getting a modder to slim the crown stem and all the labor involved the price of the watch just about doubles. So I might as well pay a bit extra and go with the VRF.. at least I’m getting a wrapped bracelet and if I still need to swap the Xstal I’m ok with that bc it would still come in significantly cheaper then going with the ARF and having to fix all those known issues.

I guess everyone’s situation is different but this is just how I see it :)

Can you show us a QC picture from the ARF where we can see the defects you pointed out?

Reactions: Vox Optimatium

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
:headdesk:

What is your problem? Not asking anyone to aprove/reject a QC. Seeing the actual problems of a specific model helps a lot of forum members deciding which model to go.
By the way MrBrock this is exactly what you should NOT do :)