• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
I bought it from tony , and I bought many ARF for friends and some I sold to some guys that I knew . almost 80 to 90 percent of them had this issue as well . the crown is not flushed . what is worse is the date-wheel in some are too bold and very visible to your eye from a distant . I think ARF use different people and different factories to make these watches . wristonfire123 I can clearly see that your LEC , I think you are better off with a different crystal . at any rate . this LEC should be so invisible there is no point to get another crystal with LEC .

I see what you mean. I've had a look online about the LEC. - I'm going to check it out on a few friends GEN sub's to get a better understanding of what it's meant to look like. Nothing worse than finding new flaws on your rep that you love!

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Thanks for the update. I’m still waiting my QC pics but I didn’t know they were out of stock.
I used Andrew from trusty

I'm using Mary, a TD over at RWG. Apparently they are out of stock and awaiting new stock in the next few days.

Horology Curious
15/3/19
Hi everyone, i have been eyeing on rep sub blue TT for quite some time. But not sure which type should i purchase. And from which seller as well.

any of you can share your personal experience?

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Hi everyone, i have been eyeing on rep sub blue TT for quite some time. But not sure which type should i purchase. And from which seller as well.

You will find a lot of personal experiences from many members when you start doing some homework.

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom

I went with PureTime purely from looking at reviews what was said on this forum about them. I had a really good experience and can't fault them. I haven't used any others yet but would be happy to if PureTime didn't have the stock. If they are a trusted dealer you should be okay. The only advise I'd give is do research for a few weeks before pulling the trigger.

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Versaceboy54 she got me one last week, but she rejected it as it had a mark in the Pearl. That’s the second one she’s rejected due to flaws, although it doesn’t really matter as it is going to be Frankened.

Hoping to get one she’s happy with sending soon.

Horology Curious
15/3/19
I went with PureTime purely from looking at reviews what was said on this forum about them. I had a really good experience and can't fault them. I haven't used any others yet but would be happy to if PureTime didn't have the stock. If they are a trusted dealer you should be okay. The only advise I'd give is do research for a few weeks before pulling the trigger.

Puretime is really good in term of customer service and response. May i know which type did you buy for your rep sub bluesy TT?

isit ARF with 3135 V2? The one using 904L material.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Sounds like she does a really good QC check beforehand. I’m just hoping with all these delays on mine I get a decent one the 1st time out!

Versaceboy54 she got me one last week, but she rejected it as it had a mark in the Pearl. That’s the second one she’s rejected due to flaws, although it doesn’t really matter as it is going to be Frankened.

Hoping to get one she’s happy with sending soon.

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
I saw 2 types of potential Sub bluesy from Puretime at below link:

https://puretime.io/submariner-1166...zel-blue-dial-on-ss-yg-bracelet-a2836-v8.html

​​​​​​https://puretime.io/submariner-1166...ition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-sh3135v2.html

can someone guide me to choose the better one?

appreciate yr help....

I went for the ARF. All the info you need to make your choice is on the forum. A lot of it is on this thread. The main contenders are Noob v8, VRF Max, and ARF v2. There's a thread somewhere that actually compares the 3 of them.

Reactions: Rolemars

GTgamo

12/2/18
Every Where, Earth

Another weedhopper. .. How about spending 100 hours doing a search for the info you seek? (No, of course not! My time is too valuable to do anything related to plebian work!) Ok, So buy a gen from ad and send us some pictures.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Aston any luck with your TD getting you another watch? I’m still waiting on my 1st QC and I’m begining to loose my patience!!

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Aston any luck with your TD getting you another watch? I’m still waiting on my 1st QC and I’m begining to loose my patience!!

No still waiting mate and know how you're feeling. Wish my TD hadn't turned down the last one she got for me as it is getting Frankened anyway.

Versaceboy54 I try ordering it from Trusty Andrew and end up waited 3 weeks without any stock coming in and end up changing to another model. Recently the GMF one came out and told by Andrew that the GMF ones are a better making and is cheaper than the ARF. But yet to see any reviews.
http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=19615

I wouldn't say the GMF is better. It is a SA3135 movement which aren't the best and hard to obtain parts for when they go wrong. The ARF is the SH3135 which is interchangeable with gen parts. It is also the V2 movement which is meant to be the most reliable 3135 rep movement available at the moment.

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
No still waiting mate and know how you're feeling. Wish my TD hadn't turned down the last one she got for me as it is getting Frankened anyway.

I wouldn't say the GMF is better. It is a SA3135 movement which aren't the best and hard to obtain parts for when they go wrong. The ARF is the SH3135 which is interchangeable with gen parts. It is also the V2 movement which is meant to be the most reliable 3135 rep movement available at the moment.

What is your view on the dial and bezel part on the GMF, I am thinking between this of the VRF Max, but the VRF max part is the print on the dial is not so obvious as per the rest.