• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman GMT 116710 BLNR photo review

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
31635aaea4f3946c77258d5b3bd3c371.jpg

johnwatch

Certified
14/12/13
The ARF and VRF dials are both good. ARF lume is well known to be very white in daylight and can look a little fake. Some folks are really bothered by it. ARF hands are well known to be excellent but also have the same lume. ARF dial markers usually have the worst square corners too. But, these are things we put up with on reps.

Zvf2zv.jpg

Swapping the whole VRF movement/dial/hands into the ARF will work and would be a good plan. However the ARF dial will not seat into the VRF case without being shaved.

DIY Dial Shaving

Swapping bezels is always a risky proposition that can create issues. I prefer to keep bezels with their original watch and swap inserts only if I'm making a change.

Probably the most hassle free way to do this is swap in the VR movement to the ARF and have a set of VR compatible hands available in case they are needed. ARF hands can go onto a VR3185, sometimes needing a little modding (crimping and/or broaching). If you switch hands there will be a noticeable lume mismatch between the dial and the hands. So you could use an ARF base and source a VRF dial, hands and a VR3185 movement.

Ah the joys of picking one from column A and one from column B, haha!

Dude you are a madman of knowledge. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this up. I made up my mind mostly based on your comments of line color. Being an owner of Gen blnr back in 2015. I did and do notice the lume. On my Gen it was almost a milk color. Not white at all. When I went to buy a gen I'm choking on the prices. I recently got a gen 2019 mint No Date. I would have had to trade my no date plus over $6k to upgrade. Ugggh I paid $8300 for my used blnr in 2015. No to mention I love my no date and believe it will fair well as an investment. No longer made..... So I'm taking a bath on this watch but I bought both to make one. ARF base and VRF movement dial hand swap. I'll the most likely dump the VRF $468+$35=$503 for the first $350 $400 to someone wanting to mod the dial. So if this sounds good to anyone keep an eye out over at Rep geek. I don't sell here. I don't have the sales reputation I do at Rep geek. Again thank you.

Reactions: shel504 and KJ2020

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
Reactions: KJ2020

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Very similar, but for me VRF used clean Insert, Arf insn't Clean

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

How do you know VRF uses CF insert? Have you seen the marking on the back of the insert?

Clarkent

SuperfranKent®️
Gold Patron
Certified
12/9/19
Smallville
How do you know VRF uses CF insert? Have you seen the marking on the back of the insert?

I guess it is Clean because in the vrf 116710 LN V2 the clean insert is declared so we can deduce that also in the batman it is the same.
but it is not a certainty, perhaps it is so

29d5fbc01a36a4d78c66b5951d29203b.png

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
The ARF and VRF dials are both good. ARF lume is well known to be very white in daylight and can look a little fake. Some folks are really bothered by it. ARF hands are well known to be excellent but also have the same lume. ARF dial markers usually have the worst square corners too. But, these are things we put up with on reps.

Everyone should read this to be made aware as it's 100% correct.

If you want the look of authenticity outside under sunlight the ARF is NOT the way to go.

A shame as the rest of the watch is great.

ninzeo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/20
ebbaeef6864421fd4198cf5673d72011.jpg

b636a2c10db57b6ae8b3b85b3ddad060.jpg

My newly arrived ARF

Very much enjoying it ootb. Only thing I am not sure of is the bezel action. Feels a little “light” and rattly, not very firm. Then again, I never held the original so can’t compare. Anyone who can elaborate on ARF bezel action?

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
Lovely - would you mind sharing the specs?

Blutang777

11/3/18
Canada
WOw matę, beautiful watch, But that doesn't look like stock ARF! Please correct if I'm wrong.
Enjoy your beauty mate:)

Sorry guys I forgot to add the specs. ????

Noob V11 case with VR3185/ bezel assembly. I think this is the best case available since the ARF’s crown guards are to skinny. The ARF insert fit perfectly (pressure fitted) as per Gen. ARF bracelet fit perfect on the noob V11 case. Perfect SEL recess.

ARF Insert
ARF Bracelet
Gen Spring Bars
Gen Dial
Gen Hands
Gen Crown
Gen Tube
Gen Crystal
Gen Date Wheel
Gen Jumping Module
Gen Automatic Module Complete
Gen Hour Wheel

Everything was brand new sealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Noob V11 case with VR3185/ bezel assembly. I think this is the best case available since the ARF’s crown guards are to skinny. The ARF insert fit perfectly (pressure fitted) as per Gen. ARF bracelet fit perfect on the noob V11 case. Perfect SEL recess.

ARF Insert
ARF Bracelet
Gen Spring Bars
Gen Dial
Gen Hands
Gen Crown
Gen Tube
Gen Crystal
Gen Date Wheel
Gen Jumping Module
Gen Hour Wheel

Fabulous build bro. Really well done and it shows. Congrats.

Reactions: Blutang777

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

ARF Insert
ARF Bracelet
Gen Spring Bars
Gen Dial
Gen Hands
Gen Crown
Gen Tube
Gen Crystal
Gen Date Wheel
Gen Jumping Module
Gen Hour Wheel

Blutang777
Lovely Batman you built. Lots of work put into this beauty.
Did you press fit the ARF insert onto the Noob bezel? No need of any mods? And regarding the gen tube, did you have to countersink the original tube hole to get the crown sitting flush to the case?
How about the hands? They can straight fit onto the VR3185?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Blutang777
Lovely Batman you built. Lots of work put into this beauty.
Did you press fit the ARF insert onto the Noob bezel? No need of any mods? And regarding the gen tube, did you have to countersink the original tube hole to get the crown sitting flush to the case?
How about the hands? They can straight fit onto the VR3185?

Good questions bro. I can tell you that the ARF insert would have needed its ARF insert support ring (or other equivalent) to be pressure fitted to the Noob bezel. Noob GMT inserts are still adhered to the bezel and the bezel does not come with an insert support ring. An ARF insert can be adhered (double-sided tape, etc.) to a Noob bezel if an insert support ring is not available.

I too am interested in the tube issue. I'm sure the hands were a 1:1 fit, though technically long hands belong on a 126710 not a 116710. Small matter of course, I like the longer hands personally.

Blutang777

11/3/18
Canada
Unfortunately Gen Hands didn't fit directly on the VR Movement Mike (Watch Modder) had to use Gen Hour Wheel to make it fit as per Gen
Gen Tube didn't need any countersink tapping, direct fit on Noob V11 case
ARF insert pressure fitted perfectly into Noob Bezel Assembly, no bezel assembly parts used from ARF. Just the insert.
Original Noob spring bars were a bit thin at 1.78mm and the ARF bracelet was a bit loose. So I had to get Gen Spring Bars which are 2.0 mm