• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
wow can't believe this thread is still going. I bought this watch last year when this thread started and regret it so bad. There is so much wrong with this watch it could fill a book. going to sell mine and get a DJF 36.

Care to name said issues with the ARF 41?

Reactions: vcappp

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
wow can't believe this thread is still going. I bought this watch last year when this thread started and regret it so bad. There is so much wrong with this watch it could fill a book. going to sell mine and get a DJF 36.

I also can't believe you prefer the DJF over ARF (either 41 or 36).

Yes, there are known and widely discussed issues on the ARF DJ41 but it is still the best OOTB DJ and if you change the date disc (which a majority of the owners have done), none of the flaws are visible (or materially significant) on wrist. Anyways, everyone has their opinion. Good luck and wear whatever you decide in good health!!

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

pickler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/19
Care to name said issues with the ARF 41?

are we being sarcastic? The list is huge and it's instant tells, DW, magnification and alignment of cylcopse, rounded lugs, indices colour - and I have the silver dial which has significantly yellowed and gone patina on me in only 8 months time. Also the crown has issues going from position 1 - 2 and 2 back to 1 while the screw down is almost impossible sometimes. Even the 2824 movement which was supposed to be reliable had to be replaced with eta. A super rep or even first class rep doesnt need so many mods. I'm talking OOTB quality here...3 revisions and the DW is still unacceptable and instantly telling.

The DJF has very little instant tells and there are many threads here comparing DJF 36 to others, and most agree hands down for 36 DJF OOTB quality is good. I know this is a DJ41 discussion and I know ARF has its own cult but i have regretted every ARF purchase i ever made, maybe it's personal but specially their 3135 movements are total trash...endless money pit. The only thing i like about ARF is their bracelets which thankfully i can use on my other watches. i much prefer other factories cases like Noob, DJF, ZZF, VRF and even BPF/GMF at least they have a reasonable price.

i3rp3wwuw3121.jpg

Last edited:

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
I think overall the REF has a much nicer case, esp in terms of lugs shape. Their bracelet is OK, not great. I wonder if ARF jubilee bracelet would fit REF case. The movement is keeping great time so far, but the date change is not instant. It starts changing at 11 and changes completely by 12. Gen movement should fix that issue. REF's crystal and DW for a rep watch is great!

Reactions: Tony12345 and Tete

Tete

4/11/16
I think overall the REF has a much nicer case, esp in terms of lugs shape. Their bracelet is OK, not great. I wonder if ARF jubilee bracelet would fit REF case. The movement is keeping great time so far, but the date change is not instant. It starts changing at 11 and changes completely by 12. Gen movement should fix that issue. REF's crystal and DW for a rep watch is great!

20200609-182011.jpg

20200609-182016.jpg

I have ARF OYSTER and EWF JUBILEE, I exchange both bracelets without any problem. EWF and REF share the same movement, bezel, dial and bracelet. 100% you can change it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sfbatman787

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
I have ARF OYSTER and EWF JUBILEE, I exchange both bracelets without any problem. EWF and REF share the same movement, bezel, dial and bracelet. 100% you can change it.
Thats really good to know!! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tete

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
in most cases the best rlx built is a mixup of components from different makers/factories and despite obvious flaws & regular fckups (ARF: lugs, DW, rehaut font spacing) ARF has the best built quality OOTB imho.

Reactions: vcappp and Akilles

Tobel

6/7/17
The movement is keeping great time so far, but the date change is not instant. It starts changing at 11 and changes completely by 12. Gen movement should fix that issue. REF's crystal and DW for a rep watch is great!

I suppose it's an a2824 inside. Finding a gen 3235 is going to be tough, expensive and may not fit the case and will require gen hands and datewheel. If this bothers you that much you may check instead if you can replace the movement with an a2836 that has the instant date change. If I recall there's a little bit of modding to do as it is not a direct swap but it should be doable. Check with a modder here they'll be more knowledgeable than me.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
I suppose it's an a2824 inside. Finding a gen 3235 is going to be tough, expensive and may not fit the case and will require gen hands and datewheel. If this bothers you that much you may check instead if you can replace the movement with an a2836 that has the instant date change. If I recall there's a little bit of modding to do as it is not a direct swap but it should be doable. Check with a modder here they'll be more knowledgeable than me.
I think this case already has a clone 3235, maybe not a true 100% clone, but im hoping it is dimension wise. It was one of the reason I bought this case bcz I have a gen 3235 that I want to swap out. Also have a gen dial and hands.

Tobel

6/7/17
I think this case already has a clone 3235, maybe not a true 100% clone, but im hoping it is dimension wise. It was one of the reason I bought this case bcz I have a gen 3235 that I want to swap out. Also have a gen dial and hands.

To my knowledge there is no 3235 clone, just Asian ETA clones with deco plates stating 3235. Please correct me if I'm wrong. That's why btw it doesn't change date the same way as the gen. No clue about dimensions, but I'd be very surprised if it fit nicely without doing anything. In addition and while this is of course entirely up to you, putting a gen movement into a 3235 is IMO an overkill. Putting a well serviced 2824 or 2836 will provide you with a reliable watch with easily changeable parts and that winds/sets the time in the same direction as the gen 3235 (which is opposite the 3135). The you can sell your movement and buy quite a lot of stuff for that, either other watches or other gen parts (dial? DW?) for this one. Just a thought :)

Reactions: Akilles

Bobi01

2/2/19
Puretime and intime listed v3 with oyster bracelet,wonder if they fixed sel recession as first batch had little higher or flushed endlink with lugs