• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
There is no clear definition from factory on what a v3 should look like. Members seem to have their own definitions which do not necessarily align with factory definitions.

Even with gens, there is a lot of cross over of parts between different serials, doesn’t mean you don’t get the latest version from Rolex factory.

It is my opinion,i would never accept if there is obviously much better versions we saw recently,with crown at 6 and much sharper lugs... but that is my opinion :)

Reactions: Akilles

srhoque

28/11/18
If everyone stopped posting their DWs... we'd never know when a new better/worse batch is available right? ;)

Starting to get a bit tired of ARF DJ41 DW posts, they are all so aweful that my eyes are starting to hurt :D:D

For a change, here is a decent looking one. Its got amazing SEL too;)

CNd33.jpg

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
ZF is planning to release their iteration of the Datejust 41 next month according to a Chinese watch forum, www.hkrwf.com. The website showed a picture of a blue dial only, not the complete watch.

srhoque

28/11/18
ZF is planning to release their iteration of the Datejust 41 next month according to a Chinese watch forum, www.hkrwf.com. The website showed a picture of a blue dial only, not the complete watch.

There is a thread here discussing the same (has the Blue dial pics). However, based on pics I have seen so far, nothing stands out compared to ARF. If they nail the DW, Bracelet and case, that would be a winner. No other Rep factory has been able to match ARF bracelet quality yet.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...just-41-126334

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Starting to get a bit tired of ARF DJ41 DW posts, they are all so aweful that my eyes are starting to hurt :D:D

For a change, here is a decent looking one. Its got amazing SEL too;)

This watch was my first choice actually. Then I saw DJ 41 realized that it was more of my style. But the Royal Oak has a nice history to it. "The watch that saved the mechanical watch industry" in the quartz crisis.

Last edited:
Reactions: srhoque

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
This watch was my first choice actually. Then I saw DJ 41 realized that it was more of my style. But the Royal Oak has a nice history to it. "The watch that saved the mechanical watches" in the quartz crisis.

The new 15500 is amazing, I have a black one. It's a stunner, and soon to have the blue version too!

srhoque

28/11/18
The new 15500 is amazing, I have a black one. It's a stunner, and soon to have the blue version too!

+1. The ROs (15202/400/500) are in a league of its own. The ZF ones have great build quality. I am thinking to order a Grey 15500 one, maybe wait for Legend's review. Seen your short black dial video, looks very classy on wrist!! Enjoy the black and blue in good health!!

Akilles - Recommend you to get one :D Its a forever classic...

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Maybe the 15400 (as on the pic) one day. The 15500 has left a empty space down on the dial where "Automatic" was that I'm not to happy about;)

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Maybe the 15400 (as on the pic) one day. The 15500 has left a empty space down on the dial where "Automatic" was that I'm not to happy about;)

Meh I don't miss it in the flesh really... I use to think that but nah it's beautiful without it.

Also I know we're not ontopic... but my gosh isnt it nice just to talk about something other than date wheels and sel's?

srhoque

28/11/18
Meh I don't miss it in the flesh really... I use to think that but nah it's beautiful without it.

Also I know we're not ontopic... but my gosh isnt it nice just to talk about something other than date wheels and sel's?

96682610-1537610793080935-1834320686047297536-n.jpg

96942308-240724380508739-4359582295829512192-n.jpg

97051477-4123973260953781-4883029270365995008-n.jpg

Beauty!! This thread was becoming boring and getting dragged out :D

TidusKun - Enjoy the gray one, you are lucky with Legend’s offer. He built a black 15400 dial for me, absolutely love it except for the Miyota beat rate!!

Planning to pull the trigger on 15500 - which color should I go first? Gray or Blue? or Black?

Last edited:

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Beauty!! This thread was becoming boring and getting dragged out :D

TidusKun - Enjoy the gray one, you are lucky with Legend’s offer. He built a black 15400 dial for me, absolutely love it except for the Miyota beat rate!!

Planning to pull the trigger on 15500 - which color should I go first? Gray or Blue? or Black?

I think they all look really goddam good. Difficult to choose between them... Why not get all 3?! I settled on the gray for now, as I have more blue and black dialled ones versus zero gray dials in the collection.

Reactions: srhoque

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Anyone knows how to replace the crystal on DJ41? Does the bezel need to come off? Or can I just press the crystal out without removing the bezel?

The steel bezels are a single unit and need to be removed. They are pressed over the crystal gasket. The rep fluted bezel is the same. The genuine precious metal bezels are two parts consisting of the bezel shell itself held onto a crystal retainer by a hytrel ‘ L ‘ gasket. All the ARF bezels are a one part bezel and once that’s removed to can easily remove the crystal and crystal gasket.

srhoque

28/11/18
I think they all look really goddam good. Difficult to choose between them... Why not get all 3?! I settled on the gray for now, as I have more blue and black dialled ones versus zero gray dials in the collection.

Ha ha!! I am leaning to gray because of the same reasons - too many black and blue including having both these colors in 15400.

Reactions: TidusKun

srhoque

28/11/18
The steel bezels are a single unit and need to be removed. They are pressed over the crystal gasket. The rep fluted bezel is the same. The genuine precious metal bezels are two parts consisting of the bezel shell itself held onto a crystal retainer by a hytrel ‘ L ‘ gasket. All the ARF bezels are a one part bezel and once that’s removed to can easily remove the crystal and crystal gasket.

Learnt something new today ;)The 1163XX used to have the design as you mentioned having the hytrel gasket. I though Rolex did away with that design on all 1263XX models (now bezel presses straight into crystal gasket) including steel and WG.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Learnt something new today ;)The 1163XX used to have the design as you mentioned having the hytrel gasket. I though Rolex did away with that design on all 1263XX models (now bezel presses straight into crystal gasket) including steel and WG.

Yeah I thought the same, I was sure the bezels were solid. All the aftermarket ones for sale that are stainless ( even fluted ) are one piece. I saw a solid gold bezel for a 126333 that still had the 2 piece design.
originally the precious metals were only two piece because of the expansion force over the crystal gasket will stretch precious metal and therefore be at risk of being useless after a few removals and may not keep the same tension on the gasket. Having the stainless retainer is an away around this as stainless has better deflective properties than precious metals and can guarantee a more constant interference press fit, then the hytrel ‘ L ‘ gasket acts a just a retainer and buffer.

plus it’s probably cheaper to make make a thinner Precious metal shell bezel than a completely solid one haha

srhoque

28/11/18
Yeah I thought the same, I was sure the bezels were solid. All the aftermarket ones for sale that are stainless ( even fluted ) are one piece. I saw a solid gold bezel for a 126333 that still had the 2 piece design.
originally the precious metals were only two piece because of the expansion force over the crystal gasket will stretch precious metal and therefore be at risk of being useless after a few removals and may not keep the same tension on the gasket. Having the stainless retainer is an away around this as stainless has better deflective properties than precious metals and can guarantee a more constant interference press fit, then the hytrel ‘ L ‘ gasket acts a just a retainer and buffer.

plus it’s probably cheaper to make make a thinner Precious metal shell bezel than a completely solid one haha

Makes perfect sense and the science stands behind it. Thanks for taking the time to explain it!!

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Makes perfect sense and the science stands behind it. Thanks for taking the time to explain it!!

No problem at all, it’s funny I’ve never seen a retainer for the PM bezels for sale is be interested in purchasing one