• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116710 GMT Master 2 (CHS Movement) - Waiting Room

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Im looking forward to seeing what ARF releases.

I’ll have to make a tough choice between the ARF and my Noob BK Batman with a Swiss ICHS and aftermarket insert. The new GMF/BP one’s aren’t good enough for me to make the switch.

cfca62107cfa8a95881b434a4d473b34.jpg

What movement you have inside your batman?

jampo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/17
What do you think about that aftermarket bezelinsert ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

nero389

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/19
cwfmon this may sound like a stupid question; regarding your BK GMT w/ Sellita movement, it has the GMT function correct? Meaning the 24 hour hand actually moves? I'm considering getting one from BK but just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
cwfmon this may sound like a stupid question; regarding your BK GMT w/ Sellita movement, it has the GMT function correct? Meaning the 24 hour hand actually moves? I'm considering getting one from BK but just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

Of course it works just its not correct hand stack thats all

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Is this watch actually coming out? I feel that it's like the long waited v6f 5711.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

boomerknox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
CONUS
I was debating pulling the trigger on a GMF, but if a CHS ARF is coming soon...

Guess I’ll keep telling myself patience is a virtue and wait for those reviews!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Naughtylus

18/4/19
But the noob v9 has been out, with correct hand stacks and a more stable version of their sh3186.... I’m thinking of getting a v8 or v9 Batman or plain black to mod with my bp root beer....

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
But the noob v9 has been out, with correct hand stacks and a more stable version of their sh3186.... I’m thinking of getting a v8 or v9 Batman or plain black to mod with my bp root beer....

Where did you see that the movement had become more stable? To my knowledge the CHS is still a ticking time bomb

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Where did you see that the movement had become more stable? To my knowledge the CHS is still a ticking time bomb

The CHS will still be the ticking bomb everybody mentions until they come up with a stronger central spring which is the Achilles' heel of this movement. This is the piece in question :

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...aster-ii-116710-chs-a2836gmtchs-di-augustochs

That piece is prone to break due to bad lubrication. Operating the hour hand creates a lot of abrasion on that spring and it ends up breaking. Harleysta91 suggests adding some lubrication grease on that spring so there's less abrasion and it seems to work. And some people have managed to repair that spring using a small portion of a tiny hypodermic needle.

​​​​​​​So far I'll stay with what we have, our unreliable CHS and once it breaks (note I'm not saying "if" but "once", lol) I will install a ICHS movement inside, as I understand hands will be perfectly replaceable except for the GMT hand.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The CHS will still be the ticking bomb everybody mentions until they come up with a stronger central spring which is the Achilles' heel of this movement. This is the piece in question :

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...aster-ii-116710-chs-a2836gmtchs-di-augustochs

That piece is prone to break due to bad lubrication. Operating the hour hand creates a lot of abrasion on that spring and it ends up breaking. Harleysta91 suggests adding some lubrication grease on that spring so there's less abrasion and it seems to work. And some people have managed to repair that spring using a small portion of a tiny hypodermic needle.

So far I'll stay with what we have, our unreliable CHS and once it breaks (note I'm not saying "if" but "once", lol) I will install a ICHS movement inside, as I understand hands will be perfectly replaceable except for the GMT hand.

Exactly, thanks!

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Exactly, thanks!

So the only way to fix the hand stack is to get the proper gen 3186 caliber?? Sorry all to the confusion if I’ve brought it up.... I just saw that on my wechat from the sellers in China, they explained that V9 is the fixed and stable version of the 3186... but sometimes they exaggerate it. Of course I can’t be sure if they mean it cuz I am a newbie to building my own watch....

Sent from the RWI App

Remcob78

Horology Curious
14/4/19
You mean the 3187 movement ? Is this a better movement

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI