• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
The Submariner is my first rep. What is the estimated lifetime of such a watch? I have a 25 years old datejudt and a 12 year old Navitimer, both work like a charm, only serviced but no spareparts like hands, dial or something like that. How long will the rep survive?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Give or take 5 year + or it can die within a month there's no telling.

but if and when that happens just drop in a fresh eta 2824 or sillita and your good far far ahead of an A2824

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I've read somewhere on here that Puretime said there's no plans for one..

thewee2536

Known Member
22/7/18
guy i need some advice for gen xtal now i have gen b25-295-c12-c1 with 2 gasket

i have planned to install it on arf 116610ln 2824

should i use ARF gasket or gen

some say that if you want to improve water resistant should use gen but i also found some that say gen gasket not fit for ARF model

Another question is my watch smith mention that i have to make sure that i use the right xtal dimension because if it not the right one xtal might crack during pressing process

am not sure he have experience with fake watch before he told me that changing process have to open case back and remove the movement then can replace xtal could you guy confirm that this process right or not?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
1f67fd5672f34af1edfde5c407107a0a.jpg

I love this watch except the wonky cyclops.

I have a prof xtal To fix that.

I also have a TC DW and a Gen 3135 to go in, although this versions DW is not bad at all.

which one we use is depending on if the watch smith can mod the 3135 to make it an overlay.

We shall See in January

Merry Xmas people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: freediver

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Wound up buying my rep from a friendly guy on another site. Really happy with it! No flaws from what I can tell and he already had a watchsmith align the hands to the date turns at the right time (30 seconds after midnight is close enough).

My only issue is the the crown is really finnicky about the exact place it needs to be to change the time.

welovegeek

Horology Curious
21/11/18
Need help with the bezel indices issue.

Hey guys, so I know there were few posts about the Platinum paint on the bezel but recently, I found a few problems with it and hope u guys can help with:

1. Under low light outdoor/ a bit of sunlight, the indices seem a bit darker (silver/ grey) instead of white/ grey

2. I thought there were some oil residue dropped on one of the bezel indices but it appears to have a black spot on it. I tried using a bit of soap and cotton to wipe it off but appears the spot is getting more apparent....

I will post the photos later on but hope any of the experts here could help with it. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

welovegeek

Horology Curious
21/11/18
Need help with the bezel indices issue.

Hey guys, so I know there were few posts about the Platinum paint on the bezel but recently, I found a few problems with it and hope u guys can help with:

1. Under low light outdoor/ a bit of sunlight, the indices seem a bit darker (silver/ grey) instead of white/ grey

2. I thought there were some oil residue dropped on one of the bezel indices but it appears to have a black spot on it. I tried using a bit of soap and cotton to wipe it off but appears the spot is getting more apparent....

I will post the photos later on but hope any of the experts here could help with it. Much appreciated.

The indices on the 5 minute Mark has an apparent Black dot. Hopefully anyone can help with it.
b474b4fb2d40cf8471b636e86c2644d7.jpg

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
The indices on the 5 minute Mark has an apparent Black dot. Hopefully anyone can help with it.

How long do you have it? Are you sure it happened afterwards ? check your QC pics

welovegeek

Horology Curious
21/11/18
How long do you have it? Are you sure it happened afterwards ? check your QC pics
It was after QC, and QC pic was too bright so it won't be noticeable from the QC pic. I think the dark spot was found after I got home from a restaurant. Could be oil but what I was afraid was the marking starting to turn grey/ dark like the noob v7.

Also, would be wondering if there are any watch maker who would service reps in shenzhen/ Hong Kong where I am based at this moment.

Much appreciated!

Besides, the more I look from internet, many pics are with bright indices, could be filtering or tuning but just wanna be sure if the color is right.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
color is fine for me, the fading is what worries me
You can always order a cerameister or spongebob insert to replace if it bothers you

Reactions: welovegeek

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I was just reading around as usual, I had the ARF 2824 and agree that it was outstanding but I sold it due to the crown height and my OCD. I now have the new sh3135 that in my opinion has quite a few flaws. Does anyone know if someone here could do that crown tube grinding business? If I knew I could I would probably sell the 3135 and buy another 2824 and have that work done.