• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF VS GEN 15400 DIAL

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Thank you for sharing J. I’ll also like to know if there is a difference in the teeth, as even between datewheel batches in the gen I’ve seen slight differences. Thank you once again.

You welcome mr.A

Yep i have done pretty good research on the dw of many royal oak models, the new type ap produces with silver base looks more thinner-refined cutted. From older dw i have seen with golden base(both with modern and old font) i dont see the same nice-refined cut( i dont know how to correct subscribe it), and i also see difference between batches also regarding the teeth. However this is done by me comparing photos, so precise can't tell

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You welcome mr.A

Yep i have done pretty good research on the dw of many royal oak models, the new type ap produces with silver base looks more thinner-refined cutted. From older dw i have seen with golden base(both with modern and old font) i dont see the same nice-refined cut( i dont know how to correct subscribe it), and i also see difference between batches also regarding the teeth. However this is done by me comparing photos, so precise can't tell

Does the datewheel you purchased have the same teeth as the APSF datewheel teeth also? I see all these silver base “gen” dw popping up on eBay and Chrono24 and wechat after the clone 3120 was released and I naturally have my suspicions. The date teeth will be the best way to tell and I will be ordering a “gen” silver base datewheel to compare with one which I know to be 100% gen (taken from one of my gen APs) and will do my own comparison. I do have one ROO from 2021 the production batch. The gen RO/ROO has an instant date change mechanism and the datewheel teeth are shaped slightly differently from the APSF one. I haven’t don’t a study on it so I cannot comment for now but will do so and settle this once and for all. I won’t make any conclusions now.
Whatever it is I do appreciate your input very much J. Thank you sir.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Does the datewheel you purchased have the same teeth as the APSF datewheel teeth also? I see all these silver base “gen” dw popping up on eBay and Chrono24 and wechat after the clone 3120 was released and I naturally have my suspicions. The date teeth will be the best way to tell and I will be ordering a “gen” silver base datewheel to compare with one which I know to be 100% gen (taken from one of my gen APs) and will do my own comparison. I do have one ROO from 2021 the production batch. The gen RO/ROO has an instant date change mechanism and the datewheel teeth are shaped slightly differently from the APSF one. I haven’t don’t a study on it so I cannot comment for now but will do so and settle this once and for all. I won’t make any conclusions now.
Whatever it is I do appreciate your input very much J. Thank you sir.

The aftermarket ones are made at gold base color, the immediate tell is the thicker numbers as have published in many previous posts with photos, someone dont even have to go to checking the teeth.

The gen datewheel also have a 3d print something that aftermarket ones don't.

The silver base datewheels are the new type datewheels produced by Audemars piguet, you will not see any more gold color, someone can also go to the official site at the royal oak calibers and see the new silver base the new royal oak models has.

I have triple confirm the originality, they are 1000% original

Yes the wechat is kindergarten for us you can even find a gen tiffany and green 5711 dial, no matter a datewheel .

Oh, i would have posted if i had made the comparison.Still waiting for interactiv to start my watch, i have asked him to make this comparison when he will start. I can tell you from now that the teeth are not the same.

Appreciate your input also mr.A

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The aftermarket ones are made at gold base color, the immediate tell is the thicker numbers as have published in many previous posts with photos, someone dont even have to go to checking the teeth.

The gen datewheel also have a 3d print something that aftermarket ones don't.

The silver base datewheels are the new type datewheels produced by Audemars piguet, you will not see any more gold color, someone can also go to the official site at the royal oak calibers and see the new silver base the new royal oak models has.

I have triple confirm the originality, they are 1000% original

Yes the wechat is kindergarten for us you can even find a gen tiffany and green 5711 dial, no matter a datewheel .

Oh, i would have posted if i had made the comparison.Still waiting for interactiv to start my watch, i have asked him to make this comparison when he will start. I can tell you from now that the teeth are not the same.

Appreciate your input also mr.A

Thank you kindly but I’ll still prefer to do my own research. Only then will I be sure. Until that happens what we have are our opinions.

The new royal oak calibers, starting from the 15500 are not 3120, and the 3120 calibers have been discontinued for the new royal oak series. Which means to say that all the 3120 datewheels found are not from the latest royal oaks. The last royal oaks to have them are the 15400 has been discontinued leaving only the 15450/41 models. They are largely found in the 3126/3840 cal used in the offshore series now and maybe the boutique edition diver. I reserve my judgement on whether they are gen until I see them for myself. So no matter what anyone says, I will do my own research and draw my own conclusion. Don’t get me wrong please, I want the new datewheels found to be gen as much as anyone as I intend to upgrade the classic font datewheels in some of my older gens. Now I just need to decide which of my gens to open up. :hehehe:

Thank you as always J. I certainly hope you’re right.

Last edited:

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
I have just received the APSF 15400 and the bracelet screws and case screws are quite different from the JF I have … I guess the more Gen like is the old JF?

cc829c872fd475526a571ddf975301b9.jpg

bdf28a3d0c6e146043f28e67ab39e0d4.jpg

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Thank you kindly but I’ll still prefer to do my own research. Only then will I be sure. Until that happens what we have are our opinions.

The new royal oak calibers, starting from the 15500 are not 3120, and the 3120 calibers have been discontinued for the new royal oak series. Which means to say that all the 3120 datewheels found are not from the latest royal oaks. The last royal oaks to have them are the 15400 has been discontinued leaving only the 15450/41 models. They are largely found in the 3126/3840 cal used in the offshore series now and maybe the boutique edition diver. I reserve my judgement on whether they are gen until I see them for myself. So no matter what anyone says, I will do my own research and draw my own conclusion. Don’t get me wrong please, I want the new datewheels found to be gen as much as anyone as I intend to upgrade the classic font datewheels in some of my older gens. Now I just need to decide which of my gens to open up. :hehehe:

Thank you as always J. I certainly hope you’re right.

Ofcourse we can have are opinions,there is no doubt about that
IT doesn't matter that the 15400 is discontinued, the same movement and
​​​​​datewheel can be found at 15450 and many offshore models with the 3126caliber(3120 movement with added chrono on top) and with the caliber 3840(3126 with different rotor).

Here a original 3120 movement with silver base dw:

Regarding the difference in teeth can be easily seen and compared

Here is the clone movement datewheel teeth

And here the ones with silver base

Tottaly different

and the silver base one compared to the teeth of datewheel directly from Ap site are the same, here photo from the site:

Here is the update movement 7121 of 16202 and the base is also silver, in the older 2121 the datewheel was gold
(This for regarding ap produces silver base in new royal oak types and not brass)
Here is the new type with silver base and the older with gold base, so someone can compare the numbers(tottaly the same)

I have also asked many known and legit dealers about that and have confirmed the originality

And ofcourse when ill have the comparison from interactiv ill post it right away

Thanks mr.A, we always have great conversation s

Reactions: LeBron

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks mr.A, we always have great conversation s

Yes, learning is one of the primary reasons for reading posts in the forum.
One thing I am curious about, is how the teeth of the gen and clone 3120 datewheels are different, but yet it can still work with the movement. (I know gen dw works with the movement yes).
So if they have cloned all parts of the movement, why not spend a little effort and get the date change right?
Also I am looking to buy a couple of replacement gen dw for my older gen ROOs, as I prefer the modern font myself. If there is a new and verified source for the AP datewheels, I couldn't be happier. Thanks J!

Reactions: mskwatch

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Yes, learning is one of the primary reasons for reading posts in the forum.
One thing I am curious about, is how the teeth of the gen and clone 3120 datewheels are different, but yet it can still work with the movement. (I know gen dw works with the movement yes).
So if they have cloned all parts of the movement, why not spend a little effort and get the date change right?
Also I am looking to buy a couple of replacement gen dw for my older gen ROOs, as I prefer the modern font myself. If there is a new and verified source for the AP datewheels, I couldn't be happier. Thanks J!

To you i would happily give you one of my contacts if you decide, he is a very known watch store at Malaysia dealing only with Oem parts and watches
just let me know

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
To you i would happily give you one of my contacts if you decide, he is a very known watch store at Malaysia dealing only with Oem parts and watches
just let me know

Thank you for your kindness J!

Reactions: j21

AnExpensiveBracelet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/22
just let me know

Hi J21, wondering does your watch guy service reps? If he does would love to have his contact.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
While waiting patiently (or not:wowa:) for my watch back

Here a AP Safari with the 3126 movement

3126 is the 3120 movement the 15400 has just with Dubois-Depraz chronograph module.

One more movement ap has base on the 3120 is the 3840, wich is 3126 just with different rotor

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Rep vs Gen datewheel

The rep is with brass base color

All credits to Interactiv

Reactions: pompompurin

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Next update
Gen datewheel is plug and play on clone movement, gen crystal also,, Gen dial also, Gen hour-minute hands also

However the second hand is NOT

As you can see from the picture the gen tube has smaller inner hole and bigger outside diameter from the rep and it does not fit

But thankfully its in the hands of Interactiv,so everything is possible.

If someone plans to put gen hands have that in mind, the second hand will need moding

Rep left-Gen right