• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APSF just released their AP 15500 with SA4302 Super Clone Movement!!!

Star70

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/1/20
Looks great OOTB,is there any rotor noise and how is the bracelet?
Thx

kokikoki

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/8/22
this is very tempting.

hopefully there would be a detailed review and/or comparison with the gen

Rman

Rep Hobbyist
Supporter
28/6/22
Toronto
Can someone translate the video? I have a V1 on the way and concerned about the movement and why V2 was made.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I don’t own a ZF but the APS black is very matte black with little to non sunburst.

Here are a few pics in light sun, overcast.

The gen has an extreme sunburst. These matte dials just scream fake. Even the Tissot Powermatics have better dials.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The gen has an extreme sunburst. These matte dials just scream fake. Even the Tissot Powermatics have better dials.
I wouldn’t say “extreme” sunburst. Just picked up my 3rd gen 15500 and none of them has “extreme” sunburst imho. The tapisseries naturally will limit the smoothness of the sunburst finish compared with a flat radial polished dial for example.
The gen 15500 has a measure of sunburst that is definitely true. But it’s not the defining quality of the dial if you spend hours with one on the wrist. The texture, finish and details will take precedence, with the sunburst being something you occasionally appreciate when outdoors under good lighting.
The rep dial, like you implied, falls short in this aspect. They look nice on their own but if compared with the gen outdoors the difference can be immediately perceivable with the naked eye if one knows what to look for.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Stop whining guys.
I think this just about sums it up.

If one wants to pick on the flaws of a $500 rep, then save up to buy the gen, all problems solved, all issues avoided.

It’s a little like forking out money for a roadside motel and complaining that the room ambience and service aren’t the same as the Shangri La.

This 15500 rep is one of the best made AP reps to date, all things considered. Some appreciation should be given for what the factory has done for AP rep enthusiasts. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Period.

letchmi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/5/22
I think this just about sums it up.

If one wants to pick on the flaws of a $500 rep, then save up to buy the gen, all problems solved, all issues avoided.

It’s a little like forking out money for a roadside motel and complaining that the room ambience and service aren’t the same as the Shangri La.

This 15500 rep is one of the best made AP reps to date, all things considered. Some appreciation should be given for what the factory has done for AP rep enthusiasts. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Period.
Hi legend kor kor, which is your favorite dial color out of the APS 15550 lineup? ;)

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
I probably own 100 watches, GEN & REP, and the APS is an extremely well made piece. The finish and execution is superb. At 500 this is a steal. I disagree that this looks like a REP.
I think he means spesifically the dial.