• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APS 15720 with 4302 clone inside will come out

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
When you say “hang”, do you mean it changes partially instead of all the way? This could be due to the datewheel being too thick at some parts, a common issue with the 4302 clone issue on the 15500

Could be ...

... But when I tried to document the error just now, another - this time serious - error appeared - the minute hand no longer seems to sit properly on the Canon pinion (sorry for the perhaps wrong technical term, I'm more of a layman).

I hope @Nikz19 can fix this ;-)

As I said, the second APS (in blue) does not seem to have any quirks. So either I got a "Lemon" or APS has quality problems with the clone movement. I would guess the latter and advise against buying it for the time being.

Reactions: Autobús

sscarm

Certified
27/10/21
Could be ...

... But when I tried to document the error just now, another - this time serious - error appeared - the minute hand no longer seems to sit properly on the Canon pinion (sorry for the perhaps wrong technical term, I'm more of a layman).

As I said, the second APS (in blue) does not seem to have any quirks. So either I got a "Lemon" or APS has quality problems with the clone movement. I would guess the latter and advise against buying it for the time being.
I have a blue dialled variant for around a month so far - no issues on my end and works like a charm. So far I have had three 4302 APs, all without any issues. Maybe your grey dial just has inherent issues.

Watchwarrior99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/17
i’ve had the green variant and the quick release lugs are broken. strap comes off just with a tug, bummer I had to order a replacement from TD , I guess the QC at APSF is pretty bad

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
i’ve had the green variant and the quick release lugs are broken. strap comes off just with a tug, bummer I had to order a replacement from TD , I guess the QC at APSF is pretty bad

Good to know. I've got the grey in-hand and it's perfect all the way around and am now planning on ordering either the blue or the green (undecided as of now). When I do, though, I'm gonna be sure to ask for video of the quick-release bracelet system functioning properly,

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
Could you take some pics to show the variance in color of the grey dial?

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Could be ...

The Minute Hand is (most likeley) not a big Problem. Noticed the same thing on one of my AP´s yesterday too, and fixed it right away. Most likeley you can perform it on your own with just a few tools needed

Reactions: JayBee0815

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
The Minute Hand is (most likeley) not a big Problem. Noticed the same thing on one of my AP´s yesterday too, and fixed it right away. Most likeley you can perform it on your own with just a few tools needed
Now the watch is already at @Nikz19 workshop. He will for sure find a way get this fixed.

Fusible

5/5/22
In the years released of these models was the gasket on the Grey refrence always navy blue?

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
In the years released of these models was the gasket on the Grey refrence always navy blue?

When I looked into it, I wasn’t able to find any example from any release year that had a gasket color matching what is currently on these grey reps. Pretty easy fix, though.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Could be ...

So the clone movement is not stable?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I haven’t, and I’ve looked. Some have also mentioned the dial and crown color, but these are actually accurate to a batch that can commonly be found (2022 iirc).
Don’t worry about accuracy of dial color too much. Even if it’s 100% accurate, the watch is still a replica.
My point is that the watch should be enjoyed for what it is without too much worry about the colors of dial and parts which may or may not be accurate. Such variations come with the territory of purchasing a rep but the cost savings vs buying a gen is tremendous as you can imagine.
Even if the dial color is 1:1 you’ll soon find other details to pick on knowing that it’s a replica. And the flaws are many. In replicas accurate details tend to get overlooked or taken for granted and flaws commented and picked on to pieces.

thats_not_funny_guys

26/3/22
I haven’t, and I’ve looked. Some have also mentioned the dial and crown color, but these are actually accurate to a batch that can commonly be found (2022 iirc).
This has the blue gasket from 2021.

This grey market dealer shows one with a grey gasket. Crowns and dial color seem to be a closer match to the APSF as well.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
This has the blue gasket from 2021.

This grey market dealer shows one with a grey gasket. Crowns and dial color seem to be a closer match to the APSF as well.

APSF is very far off from both of those with a much lighter colored gasket.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
So which one is closest to gen in terms of color? I am a bit of confused by the number of variants for 15720.

IMO all of them are close enough to go with what you like, other than the black one (even this is still fine but I'm not a fan of SS trying to imitate white gold). For a direct, in-hand comparison to gen, others here will need to chime in for that.

Do a title search for "15720" here and you'll find a direct comparison between grey APF vs. gen. The APF has a better gasket color as compared to the APSF but the hands and pinion are off if you care enough to look that closely.

Reactions: silver.forever

silver.forever

21/9/23
Is this also the APS? Is this the same as APSF? Is there even an APSFactory?
Was trying on the GEN a few weeks ago and it seems that the APF is the closest to what I have seen in the boutique. The gasket ring was blue and the crown is clearly grey on the GEN. At least on the pictures the APS crown seems to be very dark and not that close to GEN and APF.
The 2023 GEN Model seems really very close to what was posted on reptime
But it seems the APF does not have a real 4308 clone. Would it make sense to buy APS and APF, use the APS as base and change crown and gasket ring from the APF?

Last edited by a moderator:

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Is this also the APS? Is this the same as APSF? Is there even an APSFactory?
Was trying on the GEN a few weeks ago and it seems that the APF is the closest to what I have seen in the boutique. The gasket ring was blue and the crown is clearly grey on the GEN. At least on the pictures the APS crown seems to be very dark and not that close to GEN and APF.
The 2023 GEN Model seems really very close to what was posted on reptime.
But it seems the APF does not have a real 4308 clone. Would it make sense to buy APS and APF, use the APS as base and change crown and gasket ring from the APF?
Got ur pm but cant reply

Last edited by a moderator: