• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Appreciate the damage of GEN suffers when it is copied (Tudor Black Bay GMT M79470, A comprehensive comparison of gen and ZF)

JLCgeo

Known Member
30/8/17
EU
Really nice comparison, thanks Steve !
This GMT pro is really tempting me, your review is a bait 🤪
Like others, I hope to see also sooner or later a Pelagos 39 as it's a stunner too!

Alex_oz

Known Member
8/10/20
Thank you Steve! I’ve been waiting very passionately for this BB Pro to be replicated, and I am super excited to order one. This is really a good rep, and good that factories don’t concentrate on the endless Submariners and Daytonas!
Looking for more things to come, such as Pelagos FXD and 39. Both are already existing in a homage world, so I guess factories are working onto something interesting.

rssid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/22
Fabulous pics and write up once again steve , always appreciate the close up details comparisons

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Thanks for the comparison @steve_theonewatches . A great first issue from ZF.
Any industry insights on the Pelagos 39?

Reactions: Nickyan

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
Excellent comparison. Let's hope ZF keeps making great and better Tudors. Would also love a well made Pelagos 39 Ti.

magoohkg

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/15
Excellent job at comparing... I absolutely love that watch!

Maybe if I'm good this year I'll get it in my stockings for Xmas, Sigh...

clk168

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/11/21
Great comparison as always! The first "6" in the "660 ft" looks off though. Too bad since the second "6" looks fine.

Jobe1979

Got the bug
Supporter
Certified
16/8/23
fefdc019.jpg
004416cb.jpg
41ffba4c.jpg
77db9859.jpg

Comparative view of data

Note: All watches are measured in a clamped state, and there may be errors due to the slight deviation of the position of the caliper. In addition, GEN intercepts the strap, and the factory has a steel strap protective film that has not been torn off.

The ZF is identical to the gen, except for the weight, which is slightly lighter than gen.

Well, that's it for today's post. On the whole, this new Tudor from ZF is a very well made and high quality replica watch. There are still a few things that are not perfect, but we can't ask for too much more than that. After all, this model is only made in the ZF factory at the moment. We don't have to be too hard on ourselves. When there is no choice, it is actually the best choice.

On a side note, the market for this non-popular model is relatively small in itself. Regardless of how well it's actually being done, it is already giving us a few more options that a large factory is doing it. At least we won't be confined to a few popular models when it comes to choose replica watches.

Finally, thanks to the guys for watching. Please correct me if there are any mistakes. If there is anything else that I have overlooked, please feel free to ask and I will add as much as I can to it.

Illustration: Some photos deviate from the real object due to the light source. For details, please refer to the content. The size of the comparison picture is relatively large, you can download it and enlarge it for comparison.

There is no perfect replica, only the one you prefer.

Thanks.

Steve.

Telegram: u/Theonewatches_steve

WhatsApp: + 86-17081934955

Email: [email protected]

Wechat: The5711
Great post, thanks Steve. I love this watch! Do they do this model on a rubber strap?

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Great comparison as always! The first "6" in the "660 ft" looks off though. Too bad since the second "6" looks fine.
I've been staring at that 6 for the last 10 minutes and I see nothing wrong there at all. Even given the fact that it is microscopic in real life..... even at this extreme magnification it looks perfect to me. Purely out of curiosity, what are you seeing there?

Macbook

Horology Curious
6/10/23
is this better finished than the BB58 from ZF ? was just about to order one of these before i saw this review

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
is this better finished than the BB58 from ZF ? was just about to order one of these before i saw this review
I had both and imo the pro is a bit ahead. The one thing that bothers me on the BB58 is the hands, they look flat. Other than that, beautiful watch. Ironically, I kept the BB58 and sold the pro, just didn't do it for me. But qualitywise, it was top

Reactions: Macbook

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
Thanks for this and actually this looks super good, sure there are small details here and there but let's be honest, who would think "Is that a rep tudor on his wrist?". I might get this. Did the factory make other straps for this watch? @steve_theonewatches
Hi Friend

Thank you for your follow up and comments,support,

Would you please contact us via WhatsApp/Line/Wechat to get more professional communication for more inquiry? Email is for QC and shipment tracking.

Whatsapp: +8617081934955
Line: +8617081934955
Wechat: The5711

Hope we could help you, waiting for you.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've been staring at that 6 for the last 10 minutes and I see nothing wrong there at all. Even given the fact that it is microscopic in real life..... even at this extreme magnification it looks perfect to me. Purely out of curiosity, what are you seeing there?
H6g9Lk.jpeg

Not that it would bother me, but it looks like you never got an answer.

Last edited:

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
Omg.....red light!

I am extremely CDO (OCD has to be in alphabetical order), but I have to say we have gotten to a ridiculous level here...

• Haha
Reactions: KJ2020