• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP test drive?

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
yes grey themes is titanium, with "jump on it" I meant jumping on an AP, not a particular one :)
would you not agree, edge, that the titanium brushed cronopassion, is as made to slap a grey themes into, or is the titanium really too dark on the cronopassion rep?
actually when they have the case and bracelet for the cronopassion rep, why dont they use that for the grey themes reps too?- it's more accurate as a grey themes than as a cronopassion.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
would you not agree, edge, that the titanium brushed cronopassion, is as made to slap a grey themes into, or is the titanium really too dark on the cronopassion rep?
actually when they have the case and bracelet for the cronopassion rep, why dont they use that for the grey themes reps too?- it's more accurate as a grey themes than as a cronopassion.

That'd be quite awesome actually. Oh well, I think I'm gonna have to pass on that gray themes

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08

The dial of a grey themes in the old chronopassion case (the brushed case) would be perfect indeed, though I think it might take a while before we see a titanium SS band. You could also use the black themes dial in the Ti case, originally the first black themes was made out of Ti, later there were also SS versions available.

Q, if you're looking for a good price, Tony (asian7750) sells the black themes for $430.

fitipaldi

8/10/10
ok, let me update your info.
I tried to buy a brushed Ti case but none dealer was able to sell me one. Factories took back all ti brushed case to do the sandblanting for the f**ing chronopassion. Now Ti brushed aren't available any more and factories don't have a date when they will think to do them.

Imaknockov

18/1/11
ok, let me update your info.
I tried to buy a brushed Ti case but none dealer was able to sell me one. Factories took back all ti brushed case to do the sandblanting for the f**ing chronopassion. Now Ti brushed are available any more and factories don't have a date when they will think to do them.

It's probably just a matter of time until the same Ti case finds its way to the gray themes rep and with a brushed finish. Of course, it's much easier to take the sandblasted case and brush it yourself (or get it done by a competent watchsmith) than the other way around.

The key to this hobby is patience :cute:

fitipaldi

8/10/10
It's probably just a matter of time until the same Ti case finds its way to the gray themes rep and with a brushed finish. Of course, it's much easier to take the sandblasted case and brush it yourself (or get it done by a competent watchsmith) than the other way around.

The key to this hobby is patience :cute:

In fact, I contacted Taka to reverse the process (sandblasted to brushed) but he told me it will be done by hand and maybe I will not get the results I'm expecting (to have straight lines for the brushing). I will wait some months to see if factories decide to produce the Ti brushed case.

Imaknockov

18/1/11
In fact, I contacted Taka to reverse the process (sandblasted to brushed) but he told me it will be done by hand and maybe I will not get the results I'm expecting (to have straight lines for the brushing). I will wait some months to see if factories decide to produce the Ti brushed case.

Indeed, waiting is probably the best option. On the topic of brushing though, it can be done and done straight, but would require the fabrication of a kind of jig to keep things well aligned. I usually retouch my own SS bracelets with fine sandpaper and have always had good results, but it does require preparation and care.

midasmook

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/08
Cheapskate, and to think us Scots get the reputation for being tight lol
Why don't you do what I did and buy a quartz from Narikaa they are the same weight and feel as the a7750. Then you will know what they feel like on your wrist.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
The dial of a grey themes in the old chronopassion case (the brushed case) would be perfect indeed, though I think it might take a while before we see a titanium SS band. You could also use the black themes dial in the Ti case, originally the first black themes was made out of Ti, later there were also SS versions available.

Q, if you're looking for a good price, Tony (asian7750) sells the black themes for $430.
true on the ti ss bracelet, but I was thinking to have it on a really nice dark grey, red stich strap. I'm getting all hooked on that thought now :) would be cool if there would be a ti greythemes right after cny:nah:

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Cheapskate, and to think us Scots get the reputation for being tight lol
Why don't you do what I did and buy a quartz from Narikaa they are the same weight and feel as the a7750. Then you will know what they feel like on your wrist.

Yeah and then that's $100+ spent for a test drive. Nah

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
well you could get that 100$ back by selling me your top gun, I'd gladly pay you 100 $ for your top gun-since you're that tired of it ;)

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
well you could get that 100$ back by selling me your top gun, I'd gladly pay you 100 $ for your top gun-since you're that tired of it ;)

Hahaha, you'll never leave my Top Gun alone will ya?