• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP test drive?

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Hey fellas,

Well basically I'm looking to buy an AP but I don't know if I'm ready to shell out so much money on a watch I've never tried so I was thinking: Any UK members that have an AP ROO willing to lend it to me for a couple of days so I can get a feel of it?

I think most of you already know me more or less and know I'm trustworthy but if in doubt lots of people can vouch for my trustworthiness! COLDI, TheLoveOfBotham (I actually sent him my Skyland for a test drive a couple of months ago), sconehead.

Cheers fellas,
QQ

TheLoveOfBotham

28/9/09
Certainly Q, if I was indeed in possession of an AP, I would return the favour. Your kind (and unsolicited I must add, yet welcome) loan of your treasured Breitling really helped sway me towards thinking I could wear one, and I'm forever in your debt for doing so.

Good luck in your search, and let me know how it wears; the ROOs have been calling me too!

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Yep same size as the other ROO's to my knowledge - I've yet to get another AP... I'm waiting for the Chronopassion and Diver to come out...if they don't, I'll be extremely pissed then settle for a silver themes :)

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Silver themes is exactly the watch I want. On rubber..............mmmmmmmmm

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
Mmmm very nice!

I was thinking to buy this gen strap + full service and other goodies @ Francisco's spa and make it my uber-ultimate-fist of angry gods-omghi2u ROO of all time :D

main.php

main.php

close up of the suede goodness:
IMG_0775.jpg

I realize I'm gonna have to sell some body parts for this but I'm prepared ;) I talked to an AD representative in Florida and he said he didn't need serial#'s and what not..... I saved his name just incase this is the route I end up going with :p

P.S. - can someone photoshop a silver themes with that strap?? I sux0r with pic editing :(

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
I was looking into the same thing!....I love that strap.

Suede looks sooo good, it's a shame AP Bands or HK tan don't do a suede strap.

I wonder how much the Gen strap is?

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
definitely not under 300-400.

Anyway back to topic! BUMP!

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Shame I don´t live in UK mate :(
But I can only say I had the same doubts about how it would feel on the wrist, but after trying the gen I felt comfortable enough to buy the rep and well the difference is more or less non existing except for the slightly thicker caseback and slightly high positioned crown.

Other then that it´s pretty much the same :)
Steel bracelet is extremly comfortable, and can´t wait till I get my leatherstrap...
Compared to the DSSD this watch both feel less bulky/wobbly on the wrist.

I use the "sleep test" and rate comfort after that, if it´s comfy enough to wear during sleep it´s amazing and the only watches I sleep comfortably wearing is my rolex GMT II and the AP ROO.

My wrist is 18 cm = 7.1 and it´s neither small or big on my wrist but got serious presence.

So if you can´t find one to borrow for a few days, see if you could try one at an AD.

Good luck mate!

/Jiddy

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Shame I don´t live in UK mate :(
But I can only say I had the same doubts about how it would feel on the wrist, but after trying the gen I felt comfortable enough to buy the rep and well the difference is more or less non existing except for the slightly thicker caseback and slightly high positioned crown.

Other then that it´s pretty much the same :)
Steel bracelet is extremly comfortable, and can´t wait till I get my leatherstrap...
Compared to the DSSD this watch both feel less bulky/wobbly on the wrist.

I use the "sleep test" and rate comfort after that, if it´s comfy enough to wear during sleep it´s amazing and the only watches I sleep comfortably wearing is my rolex GMT II and the AP ROO.

My wrist is 18 cm = 7.1 and it´s neither small or big on my wrist but got serious presence.

So if you can´t find one to borrow for a few days, see if you could try one at an AD.

Good luck mate!

/Jiddy

Hehe, you can always send it over mate. lol j/k. Truth is I already tried looking for an AD but I couldn't find any in the Manchester area. Jid which version was it that you have?

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I hope to be buying a roo in near future, QQ my darling :) when I do, you can be the guy to forward it to me, and you just wear it for a week or whatever.......

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
I hope to be buying a roo in near future, QQ my darling :) when I do, you can be the guy to forward it to me, and you just wear it for a week or whatever.......

Gee thanks mate. I don't need it for that long. A couple of days will do it but by the looks of it I don't think I'll be able to hold on...There's an awesome deal in the sales section right now and I might have to snatch it up!

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
just jump on it Q, an AP is something you won't regret :), they're one of the finest reps out there imo

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
I'm still not sure if the gray themes is the one I want. Looks awesome though!

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I'm still not sure if the gray themes is the one I want. Looks awesome though!

grey themes is supposed to be titanuim though ain't it. just saying, I still think it's a helluva saxe watch even in ss.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
eehh....pretty sure. still think the ss one is a real looker... the new-
I'm thinking that the new chrono passion in titanium, that came out with brushed finish, that was supposed to be sandblasted finish, that one would be great to put a greythemes dial into, and you would have a correct grey themes :)

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
Yeah you're right it is Ti. Dang I was really thinking of buying that one

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
yes grey themes is titanium, with "jump on it" I meant jumping on an AP, not a particular one :)