• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO R. Barrichello sec @ 12 is out...on Josh's site

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
... and just to clear... in no way do I have the expertise to assess whether that rep is worth the asking price... I have spent no time deciphering APs and I have never had a gen in my hands... I do know that it is far above what I would want to pay for a rep... but again, the gen of the watches I favor don't cost in 50k range! It's like art... you can get some expensive copies of masterpieces that are actually painted... for those, I'm plenty happy with framed posters or lithos... the originals I have are all from little known artists, and most from places far away (where nobody would pay as much for art as we do in the Western world :wink: ). Would I get an expensive copy if I had the money? I honestly doubt it, but who knows? I certainly doubted I'd live this long... and I'm still around! :D

geo1nah2a

Known Member
29/9/06
The genuine case is made of titanium. What is the point of risking the Sec's@12, when the case material difference can be seen from across the room? I would love to have it in full titanium.

Having said that, I do own the 'simple' SS version, with the standard 7750 wrong dial placement. A great watch! The ceramic bezel is a black polished mirror that crowns the brushed silky steel case and the silver dial. Ceramic pushers are so nice to take care of :) Nice in all the details, corners polished, faces brushed, heck I even like the skeleton dial. (got it from Hont.. thanks a mil friend..he sent me a replacement screw that worked itself loose without me knowing it..@ no cost, shipped with the latest order.kudos)

Now, as soon as they come out with the gold case Sec's@12 version, I will have a hard time resisting it ;)

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I take the 'titanium' thing back. I had visited one of the first sites to post the sec@12 version, and they hadn't quoted the fact that it will be made of titanium. Now, this changes everything. Foot in mouth :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
kitersoze said:
I don't think anyone would ever say the Chinese don't know how to do business...

Amen Kit! They are not stupid that's for sure. :D

@ Para, Yes I too wonder why I made it this far with all the stupid things I have done up until now. :wink:

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
guru said:
Yannou said:
http://www.jpc8118.com/0524-p-5870.html

looks good ...wait for the price

My friend, for that price you should get the Steinhart chrono :D

Agree :D

This version will be really too expensive for me, I will choose the sec @9

SLK55

28/7/06
Just as an FYI - Andrew just put a running seconds at 12' - non-symetrical dial FULL TITANIUM case for sale - still the same amoutn (about $600.00) but comes with a way better vented leather bracelet - 1:1 copy from what I can tell.... so all the gripes about case materials are now gone ;)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
The current concern is on visible gear under skeleton dial on the gen. Rep doesn't have it. :p

SLK55

28/7/06
thats true Taka - but at least the case is full titanium now and thebracelet is greatly improved over the V1.... so its a step in the right direction.

SLK55

28/7/06
thats true Taka - but at least the case is full titanium now and thebracelet is greatly improved over the V1.... so its a step in the right direction.