• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO R. Barrichello sec @ 12 is out...on Josh's site

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Yes, I envision this being quite expesnive.
Looks good, dial should show the movement gears through, and the rep doesn't but otherwise looks nice.
I am sure the quality and finishing is top notch for a rep, the gen is so expenisve (over $50K) that the rep could never be perfect to the gen.

I just plugged the trigger on my second AP ROO, so count me out for jumping on this one first.

alwayslate

7/5/08
You are right Mrreynolds. The gen does show the gears through the dial. Bummer. But still a sweet watch nonetheless.

I believe I've just pulled the trigger on my 8th, 9th and 10th AP ROO with running secs at 12. I know, I've got a problem. My wife says.

MEYER8888

Renowned Member
19/9/07
i know you went to buy one Yannou, did you do it? have you one ? will be interessant to show member thread of it

alwayslate

7/5/08
Wow! Thanks for bringing that thread up again. I was wondering where it went. Yes, it is impossible to have a skeleton dial with the mods done to the 7750 to have secs running at 12. The metal plate blocks everything out. Well, thats what we rep collectors have to settle for.

polaris

27/11/08
$598. Some of these reps are getting steep, considering the use of problematic movements.

Maybe if it had a reliable movement, maybe. But with something that has a good chance of a short life, no.

alwayslate

7/5/08
polaris said:
$598. Some of these reps are getting steep, considering the use of problematic movements.

Maybe if it had a reliable movement, maybe. But with something that has a good chance of a short life, no.

I sure hope you're making that bold statement based on real experience and not hearsay. It's easy to pass off the modded 7750s as inferior or unstable when you've not actually owned one. I am on to my 9th, 9th and 10th AP ROO running secs at 12 and based on a 4/7 day per week usage, they still run like gems. No problems at all. Just my 0.002 cents.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
At this price I will stay with the one with seconds at 9 for the accuracy of the skeleton dial and the more secure movement...

tridad

5/11/08
Yannou said:
At this price I will stay with the one with seconds at 9 for the accuracy of the skeleton dial and the more secure movement...

Good for you, enjoy your RB2, I'll be thinking of you when I get my sec's @12, and definitely more accurate Barichello. :D :D

kitersoze

26/11/08
alwayslate said:
polaris said:

I sure hope you're making that bold statement based on real experience and not hearsay. It's easy to pass off the modded 7750s as inferior or unstable when you've not actually owned one. I am on to my 9th, 9th and 10th AP ROO running secs at 12 and based on a 4/7 day per week usage, they still run like gems. No problems at all. Just my 0.002 cents.

francisco's review of the movement: viewtopic.php?f=224&t=41813

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
tridad said:
Yannou said:

Good for you, enjoy your RB2, I'll be thinking of you when I get my sec's @12, and definitely more accurate Barichello. :D :D

No pb my friend, I'm studying with my WS if he could do some mods with adding some jewels on gears...I will let you know.. :D :D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
This rep looks pretty good actually... but not for the asking price :( So expensive...

Nevertheless, this is probably an AP that I will get.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
takashi said:
This rep looks pretty good actually... but not for the asking price :( So expensive...

Nevertheless, this is probably an AP that I will get.

Come on Taka, that is not your style :D

I am wondering who has the GEN now? Did the factory return it to the AD?

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
Basically $600!!! U.S.$??? Pre-modded? Woow, I must not be on the same pay scale... good for you, folks!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Precisely the point that it's too expensive... But then again, those Hublots use to be in 1k range :p

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Yannou said:
http://www.jpc8118.com/0524-p-5870.html

looks good ...wait for the price

My friend, for that price you should get the Steinhart chrono :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I always like to dissect these from the makers standpoint. Correct me if I am out of line. Josh/Andrew or family member buys said specimen for 45,000. The watchmaker carefully takes it apart to copy the case, dial and other attributes. After they get it dialed (Pun intended) in, they reassemble it and sell it for 40,000 to 43,000. The outlay of time, tooling and man hours even by Chinese standards has to be fairly dear. I will guess that 600 to 1000 of these would be made. If that number is high or low, help me out with it. Let's say for a guess they have 10,000 invested in tooling and supplies specifically for this watch maybe less if the case was the same from previous runs. -+ give or take. Lets just say after they sell the gen with time and labor 12,000. Now they have to buy the movements and put everything together. @ 600 X 600 X 360,000.00 and 1000 is 600,000.00 in revenue.

The only thing I have to say is that it's an expensive replica. :D

kitersoze

26/11/08
R2D4 said:
I always like to dissect these from the makers standpoint. Correct me if I am out of line. Josh/Andrew or family member buys said specimen for 45,000. The watchmaker carefully takes it apart to copy the case, dial and other attributes. After they get it dialed (Pun intended) in, they reassemble it and sell it for 40,000 to 43,000. The outlay of time, tooling and man hours even by Chinese standards has to be fairly dear. I will guess that 600 to 1000 of these would be made. If that number is high or low, help me out with it. Let's say for a guess they have 10,000 invested in tooling and supplies specifically for this watch maybe less if the case was the same from previous runs. -+ give or take. Lets just say after they sell the gen with time and labor 12,000. Now they have to buy the movements and put everything together. @ 600 X 600 X 360,000.00 and 1000 is 600,000.00 in revenue.

The only thing I have to say is that it's an expensive replica. :D

i don't think anyone would ever say the chinese don't know how to do business...