• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO datewheel production.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
It would be better to have a 7750 date wheel that is thinner than the ETA 7750 datewheel, i.e. that matches the thinness of the Asian 7750 ROO date wheel. On some sec@12s, the datewheel tray is not deep enough to accommodate a thicker date wheel, and the date wheel rubs against the sec@12 bridge.
Congratulations Edge. The black background 2824/2892 datewheel will be of immediate help to many, many Diver reps.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
The black background 2824/2892 datewheel will be of immediate help to many, many Diver reps.

Am I missing something, Sir? The Diver DW (old font style) has different configuration from the Themes DW. New Diver is a different story, it's identical to the new Themes DW. Not on the old one though. So unless Legend, Edge and the rest of the gang have 2 versions of the DW (i.e. Themes & Diver) it will not be an exact match.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Pictures would help understanding what you are saying.

A few quick images (most not mine, taken off the net):

1. Old style DW - 2225/2840 cal - my understanding is that Legend et al's project aims to replicate this specific configuration of fonts (note how the "2" in all 20ies is quite apart from the 1,2,3,etc.; as a side note the original "2" is a bit different to Legend's render). This is the DW style used on the old Themes
DW2225_zpsz2accrnh.png

2. Old style DW for Diver (off white background) - note how the "4" in 24 almost touches the "2", i.e. leaving almost no gap
DW3120_2_zpsy8pnuolm.jpg

3. Old style DW for Diver (black background) - same here "4" touching "2" in 24
DW3120_3_zpsqcbb4gxx.jpg

4. New style DW used both for Diver & Themes - all 20ies digits well spaced
DW3120_1_zpsv9f3teqs.png

5. New style DW for Diver & Themes (photo borrowed from C&R post on RG - thank you Sirs)
698a6ba620534a140c879ac2859f4cf3_zpsjbejytla.jpg

All in all, I don't think it would be correct to use the old Themes DW font on old Divers even if in black background - that will only be correct for the new DW styles

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
[MENTION=96203]tosoboso[/MENTION] please hang the anorak at the door. we are going to have a whip round to fix your OCD next year. LOL. 90% of the membership would had been quite happy with a font that looks gen and now you have given us another complex

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Edgematic is it for 42 & 44 or just for 44. How about the date wheel of 15400 JF is close to gen

IPhone 7

It's for all the franken pieces 42 & 44mm, as for the 15400, it will be the correct datewheel as well. The 15400 used 2 types of fonts, old and new one. So it's correct.

Thanks for the clarification Edge. However I don't see the problem with swiss 7750 datewheel: I have it installed in my AP Singapore and my BB, without issues; in fact several members did the same thing with other AP models...

It would be better to have a 7750 date wheel that is thinner than the ETA 7750 datewheel, i.e. that matches the thinness of the Asian 7750 ROO date wheel. On some sec@12s, the datewheel tray is not deep enough to accommodate a thicker date wheel, and the date wheel rubs against the sec@12 bridge.
Congratulations Edge. The black background 2824/2892 datewheel will be of immediate help to many, many Diver reps.
[MENTION=31895]fitipaldi[/MENTION], Slaughterer briefly explains the problem here.

Am I missing something, Sir? The Diver DW (old font style) has different configuration from the Themes DW. New Diver is a different story, it's identical to the new Themes DW. Not on the old one though. So unless Legend, Edge and the rest of the gang have 2 versions of the DW (i.e. Themes & Diver) it will not be an exact match.

A few quick images (most not mine, taken off the net):

1. Old style DW - 2225/2840 cal - my understanding is that Legend et al's project aims to replicate this specific configuration of fonts (note how the "2" in all 20ies is quite apart from the 1,2,3,etc.; as a side note the original "2" is a bit different to Legend's render). This is the DW style used on the old Themes

2. Old style DW for Diver (off white background) - note how the "4" in 24 almost touches the "2", i.e. leaving almost no gap

3. Old style DW for Diver (black background) - same here "4" touching "2" in 24

4. New style DW used both for Diver & Themes - all 20ies digits well spaced

All in all, I don't think it would be correct to use the old Styles DW font on old Divers even if in black background - that will only be correct for the new DW styles

Datewheel 2 & 3 is correct for the ROO and AP Diver. Especially for the AP Diver with closed caseback, which almost every member has. Lol.
We haven't worked on the new font yet. But we're ambitious :wink::nerd:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
This dwo and ar cyclops from prof to go with the 2ar xtal I already got and I'll be a seriously happy camper. Nice work guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
This Is such a Great work ! Your dedication Is admirable, Thank you all that Are making This posible. It's amazing!

May someone know this? What's the difference in the gen AP FC and ceramic divers as regards to the DW font?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
@tosoboso please hang the anorak at the door. we are going to have a whip round to fix your OCD next year. LOL. 90% of the membership would had been quite happy with a font that looks gen and now you have given us another complex

Don't get me wrong - I am at least as excited about this DW project as anyone else. I only took the time to point out that the old style Diver DW is different to the old style Themes one - this is not going to make the new DW any less desirable I believe. OCD is a must with the AP price point :)

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
@Edgematic - you're right Sir, "2" & "3" are correct until the 19th/21st date position. But then the "2" gets a bit pointy on your layout (much like the new style) which is different to the gen - - and this difference is valid only for the old style ROO/Themes & Diver.

Do not take me wrong, I would be very happy to have the DW as it is, I'm just trying to help if you want to double check this tiny detail.

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
For the guys with the 15400's that sended me a PM, this will be the datewheel (gen pic):

ap_image.2696533.jpg

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU

Will they do an a7750 dw? They only talk about the franken roo's and the divers...

I really want one for my non franken 44 fc!

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Will they do an a7750 dw? They only talk about the franken roo's and the divers...

I really want one for my non franken 44 fc!

Hey Markie, as already mentioned, the Asian 7750 datewheel used in the AP ROO has a different height vs the Swiss ETA 7750. Our datewheels are printed in Switzerland, therefore they meet the swiss ETA7750 standards. We are figuring out to solve this issue to avoid fitting problems.

markiemark

Bracelet King
Patron
18/4/13
EU
Hey Markie, as already mentioned, the Asian 7750 datewheel used in the AP ROO has a different height vs the Swiss ETA 7750. Our datewheels are printed in Switzerland, therefore they meet the swiss ETA7750 standards. We are figuring out to solve this issue to avoid fitting problems.

I see... Thanks for letting me (us) know!

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Time for an update. Due to the manufacturers busy schedule, holiday etc. production took a little longer than expected. The datewheels are on their way from Switzerland! I'll update asap with more info and photos.

Thanks all!

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
Time for an update. Due to the manufacturers busy schedule, holiday etc. production took a little longer than expected. The datewheels are on their way from Switzerland! I'll update asap with more info and photos.

Thanks all!

Is it for the diver as well. ??

IPhone 7