• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Chronopassion by Domi

bobkat

6/7/12
Thanks for the terrific build Domi. Quality of work and attention to detail for this build was exemplary. I was told it took 12 hours to get it all together! Domi built this using a gen dial, lwo283, thinned case from Edgematic, 1:1 date wheel from edge, redrilled crown position, and much much more. Definitely worth the wait!

o1k4.jpg

1kpq.jpg

mbcs.jpg

jhaw.jpg

d0gi.jpg

w85c.jpg

ln6i.jpg

zb03.jpg

b48q.jpg

fyga.jpg

61xo.jpg

rcsn.jpg

aq00.jpg

in6x.jpg

g2wd.jpg

qfn3.jpg

y82c.jpg

waa8.jpg

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Fantastic build and beautiful photos, costly I'm sure but well worth it:thumbsup:

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Wow, that is bloody gorgeous mate. Bet you are like a Cheshire cat right now!

Aless

Known Member
9/6/13
wowwww that's a fantastic job from domi as always!!! Domi is the michelangelo of the modders!You can wear it proudly!!!

oratempus

I'm Pretty Popular
9/5/12
that's a wonderful job.

My compliments ! to both the maker and the wearer

bobkat

6/7/12
that's a wonderful job.

My compliments ! to both the maker and the wearer

Thanks! Domi and edgematic really did fantastic work on this one. One word of caution ... I thought I could stop at one franken ROO ... I'm already lusting for more :wyliehelp:

Brains_eye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/12
Wow.great job.... Let me know if u wanna sell it will love to have it

PeteM

Renowned Member
23/10/09
Looks great mate ...

I have been haunting a few guys on here of late about the AR Domi has done...so if you dont mind can I ask ...

What is the hue like on your crystal? across the face.... its just the pics suggest different hues..

The colour generally is a touch of green against a dark dial...like in Gs compo pics of the BB... is your the same of different mate please?

bobkat

6/7/12
Looks great mate ...

I have been haunting a few guys on here of late about the AR Domi has done...so if you dont mind can I ask ...

What is the hue like on your crystal? across the face.... its just the pics suggest different hues..

The colour generally is a touch of green against a dark dial...like in Gs compo pics of the BB... is your the same of different mate please?

Hi Pete,

I asked Domi not to do any AR on the crystal. I have yet to see any photo or comparison that shows any AR on the 42mm ROOs. The only comparison I have seen between gen and rep crystal shows that both crystals have no AR and similar clarity. The only AR done by Domi is on the cyclops which is a slight blue hue, pretty close to the gen.

Hope that answers your question!

PeteM

Renowned Member
23/10/09
Hi Pete,

I asked Domi not to do any AR on the crystal. I have yet to see any photo or comparison that shows any AR on the 42mm ROOs. The only comparison I have seen between gen and rep crystal shows that both crystals have no AR and similar clarity. The only AR done by Domi is on the cyclops which is a slight blue hue, pretty close to the gen.

Hope that answers your question!

Thanks mate

I have seen a few gens around a although they dont have AR the pacity and clarity always struck me as a complete cut above teh reps... and so the AR was a way of getting close to the gen... however I havent had the latest CPs in my hand so my question based on your comments might be I wonder if the maker has upped the quality of these against other APs out there..? :)

My question mate was more general rather than AP ... I thought you mentioned it but I must be going mad !! :) ;) Or just assumed it was Domis AR or Ryans etc etc from the great pics :)

But thank you so much for replying mate It is much appreciated... :)

Enjoy and wear it in good health mate :)

bobkat

6/7/12
Thanks mate

I have seen a few gens around a although they dont have AR the pacity and clarity always struck me as a complete cut above teh reps... and so the AR was a way of getting close to the gen... however I havent had the latest CPs in my hand so my question based on your comments might be I wonder if the maker has upped the quality of these against other APs out there..? :)

My question mate was more general rather than AP ... I thought you mentioned it but I must be going mad !! :) ;) Or just assumed it was Domis AR or Ryans etc etc from the great pics :)

But thank you so much for replying mate It is much appreciated... :)

Enjoy and wear it in good health mate :)

Hi Pete, no problem at all and thank you for the well wishes!

I wish i'd have seen in real life, but the gen to rep crystal comparison i've seen here (search for edgematic's comparison) shows very similar clarity between the latest noob 42mm ROO crystals and the gen crystals.

I'd say if you're going a franken build and modifying a noob case, just keep the noob crystal. The clarity is fantastic and dont' add AR because you'll end up getting a refractive hue of some sort.

Cheers mate.

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Hi Pete, no problem at all and thank you for the well wishes!

I wish i'd have seen in real life, but the gen to rep crystal comparison i've seen here (search for edgematic's comparison) shows very similar clarity between the latest noob 42mm ROO crystals and the gen crystals.

I'd say if you're going a franken build and modifying a noob case, just keep the noob crystal. The clarity is fantastic and dont' add AR because you'll end up getting a refractive hue of some sort.

Cheers mate.

I have noticed this. I have a FC Diver V2 and the crystal is amazing. I have a Black Themes and it is not quite as clear, so was thinking of doing AR.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2