• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 44MM By J12

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
I'm not even waiting for a V2 anymore. I've moved on. Lol
Looking forward to J12 GP and as always, please set low expectations.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
lovely watch once again, can i check with people whom purchased the watch, did J12 send the watches out with the black rubber or the grey 1 as opposed to the gen?

But it was never on a black strap ..... Why would you think they will send the Grey Schumi with it a black strap, it's the 'Grey Schumi' for a reason haha??

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
But it was never on a black strap ..... Why would you think they will send the Grey Schumi with it a black strap, it's the 'Grey Schumi' for a reason haha??

Earlier in this thread, someone posted photos of a bunch of the reps, and in the pictures, the straps looked black. Go back a number of pages and you'll see them.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Earlier in this thread, someone posted photos of a bunch of the reps, and in the pictures, the straps looked black. Go back a number of pages and you'll see them.

Probably adjust your screen settings, maybe lighting could have made it look darker but no one will dare to put a black strap on a grey schumi

yentob

22/7/12

Once again this is my point, people making errors from judging colours on photos.

Pointless until you have it in your hands.

alexanderjs

Known Member
13/8/14
My XS strap is grey. So confirm you'll receive a grey strap.
DSC_0203.jpg

ukbondraider

20/9/14
I'm not even waiting for a V2 anymore. I've moved on. Lol
Looking forward to J12 GP and as always, please set low expectations.

Fair enough except even the gen GP looks like a POS AP and infact one of the worse APs. Each to their own.

Its one of the few APs where the gen actually looks like a fake AP watch and a bad fake at that.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I try to change the white balance so its nearer to the natural light

Look at the background couch and the finger the colors are not exact in reality who will even know most people have no clue about APs and if the do its a classy watch even with the minor flaws

twistedpixel

Do not accept unsolicited offers
28/5/12
Wait a minute....
i cannot really sure that my comparison pic is 100% correct, because even that i took the pic in the same room and light, but it is not at the same time.
it still have a probability that the whole rep pic that i took is a bit darker than the pic that i took on gen sometimes ago.
look at the whole pic of the rep, not only the dial, but also the case, the strap, even the table cloth at the background look darker on the rep pic.

the best way to make sure is to compare really side by side at the same angles at the same time.
What do you think guys ?

I am glad you caught it. I did a comparison in Photoshop and the lighting on the left is between 10 and 15% brighter. Color balance is also different between the 2 images. Warmer on the right, cooler on the left. I sampled your skin tone (which is a constant as well as the fabric on the background).
Unless you can replicate the same exact lighting conditions you will always have a discrepancy. Best would be to shoot using the same light, same angle of view and at the same time :)

Leewei

21/3/12
Not many super reps are able to survived a side by side with Gen comparison. Probably only Panerai super reps are able to because they are too darn super to rep.
These super reps are more than accurate to survive a HD Photos comparison.
But its highly unlikely you will meet someone who owns a Gen Schumi and on top of that talks to you....
True we need to continually seek for improvements but being too anal will spoil the hobby.
Cheers.
I am so tempted to pull trigger on the schumi with these photos. 10th watch of 2014... very very expensive year.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Hope someone will write a review of the Schumi.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
Or someone lend me his :D. I'm eager to take on the Schumi.
I suspect the grey is the same grey Noob used on their Grey Theme.

The closest grey to the gen dial grey is the grey on the grey hornback below. I'd call it 'Milky Grey'. :lol:

14435015519_b0e5918275_b.jpg

14435004388_4d01601531_b.jpg

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
+1

I wonder why J12 has bought a gen??

Sent from my iPhone 6

Well I would put money on the fact that they did not buy it and that was just usual Mumbo Jumbo !!! to create the Buzz and to profit from our addiction... Anyway I hope they will come with a V2 with those mentioned issues fixed (DW, Tachy and dial color)

zorro-l

Renowned Member
9/2/12
Mine will be here before 12noon,ive seen the gen many times, and as I accepted judge by the pictures of rep the grey is way to dark!! Tick tock!