• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 44MM By J12

tinitonsi

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Rep the LWO 283 with an AP decoration--this fixes the DW issue as well, increases reliability, and provides people building Frankens with a welcome alternative source for movements. Everybody happy.
Even as optional... I mean, you want this movt? Pay more to get it...

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
I'll second that J. But apparently, the DD module is way complicated than the 7750 movt itself. But I still hope one day, they can rep it.

TheDonSL

Respected Member
28/12/13
Rep the LWO 283 with an AP decoration--this fixes the DW issue as well, increases reliability, and provides people building Frankens with a welcome alternative source for movements. Everybody happy.

+1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13

+1,000,000

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
LWO 283 is just an ETA 2892 (already repped by the Chinese factories) with a DD chrono module (not so difficult to rep) screwed on top of it. Do not need to be a rocket scientist to reproduce this.
I think the AP rep market would double in sales if the reps had this movement in it, as the A7750 sec@12 scares away many people or just frustrates them with the kind of accommodations that movement requires on the dial and in the case.
There, I did my sales pitch, now I will go back in my corner.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
LWO 283 is just an ETA 2892 (already repped by the Chinese factories) with a DD chrono module (not so difficult to rep) screwed on top of it. Do not need to be a rocket scientist to reproduce this.
I think the AP rep market would double in sales if the reps had this movement in it, as the A7750 sec@12 scares away many people or just frustrates them with the kind of accommodations that movement requires on the dial and in the case.
There, I did my sales pitch, now I will go back in my corner.

Would be amazing if they could do this. Frankening would be so much easier, as well reliability would increase no doubt. I don't even care about the thickness per se - just not having the 7750 crap out from the added stress would be #1 in my books, and having the DW window in the gen spot. These watches would be incredible if they could rep the LWO 283 - especially now since 2014 has been the "year of the AP", they should see how popular that would be even more so.

Apcheng

17/8/14
Even as optional... I mean, you want this movt? Pay more to get it...

It would hard to have this as an extra option as they would have to produce two totally different dials and cases etc wouldn't it??

It would be great if they can rep the lwo movement. With the secs @12 now ranging from 500-750 average price point. I am pretty sure a lot of people wouldn't mind spending 1100-1500 with the correct movement and casing et, considering the amount of people interested and willing to pay for frankens.

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Yes but then you pay 1000-1500$ for a watch with 2 flaws less but still with flaws. Just think how many flaws AP reps have beside the movement flaws.
Wrong dial colors, wrong hand colors, bad straps, wrong AR, wrong or bad lume....its not just the 7750 problem.

Sent from my iPhone 6

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Yes but then you pay 1000-1500$ for a watch with 2 flaws less but still with flaws. Just think how many flaws AP reps have beside the movement flaws.
Wrong dial colors, wrong hand colors, bad straps, wrong AR, wrong or bad lume....its not just the 7750 problem.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Chris, I take your point, but all of the additional flaws you list are really not structural, and can be surmounted, more or less, with simpler techniques than buying an OEM dial/tachy and LWO 283 and reconstructing the watch from the very beginning.
With an LWO 283 clone in an AP rep, there would be absolutely no need to Franken, only a need to modify and tweak beautiful LWO 283-clone-based reps, like with the best Rolex (TC, Sean, etc.) reps. I would happily pursue that, especially, zum Beispiel, with an LWO 283 clone "Montauk Highway" for which I have no hope of ever finding an OEM dial.
LWO 283 clone-based reps would open up a whole new dimension of modding as models previously untouchable in the Franken world (Don Ramon, MH, RB2, LVS, ST, KB, Schumi, etc. etc. ) would be within reach of perfect simulation.
But, then, it is Friday evening on a holiday with SL62 just back from vacation.

tinitonsi

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Chris, I take your point, but all of the additional flaws you list are really not structural, and can be surmounted, more or less, with simpler techniques than buying an OEM dial/tachy and LWO 283 and reconstructing the watch from the very beginning.
With an LWO 283 clone in an AP rep, there would be absolutely no need to Franken, only a need to modify and tweak beautiful LWO 283-clone-based reps, like with the best Rolex (TC, Sean, etc.) reps. I would happily pursue that, especially, zum Beispiel, with an LWO 283 clone "Montauk Highway" for which I have no hope of ever finding an OEM dial.
LWO 283 clone-based reps would open up a whole new dimension of modding as models previously untouchable in the Franken world (Don Ramon, MH, RB2, LVS, ST, KB, Schumi, etc. etc. ) would be within reach of perfect simulation.
Agreed
Welcome back, mate
Your opinion was really missed here the last days, like #Guru and #Valante

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Guru, I know where he is enjoying himself and strategically chilling, but what happened to valante, is he on a long, gruelling business trip? The guy was really passionate about these things.

tinitonsi

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
I hope they all back again soon. After Sharkkey, we really don't need other away notice in the near future ;)

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Welcome back and good point J.
I would also be happy with a good LWO 283 movement.

Sent from my iPhone 6

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
Guru, I know where he is enjoying himself and strategically chilling, but what happened to valante, is he on a long, gruelling business trip? The guy was really passionate about these things.

He is kicking around somewhere. I got a PM from him a couple days ago.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I got PMs from valante throughout my vacation while I was painting. That guy is something special. I hope he does not bite the dust like the shark, who was also something special. Long live valante!

awltoga

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/12

Priority #1 is cruise in the sl...i am new to ap (have owned fc diver, v6 diver, and now a miyota 15400, with a 44mm panda incoming. For me, the thickness of the case and the date window touching the tachy on roo's are major changes that could fixed. It would be nice to have to focus on the last 2% (like a TC) without dropping $4k to franken. Also, the MH point is we'll taken. My 2c from a noob...hagwe