• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP MICHAEL SCHUMACHER 44MM By J12

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Thank you for input.

I'm fairly new to this forum so forgive my ignorance but when I receive my QC pics am I able to post on here for you guys to kind of help and look over the watch to see if there are any flaws or problems before I give the ok to ship?

I'm only asking because I know on some forums it's not aloud and some it's ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes same goes for this forum haha .... You could also read on here regarding QC pics as it saves you the hassle of your post being removed or not so welcoming comments by some of the passionate watch police on here :hehehe:

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
Yes same goes for this forum haha .... You could also read on here regarding QC pics as it saves you the hassle of your post being removed or not so welcoming comments by some of the passionate watch police on here :hehehe:

Thanks for letting me know.

Yea I actually just read that after I posted the question but I wouldn't just randomly post pics with out making sure 1st. I respect the rules of the forum.

waynor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/10/13
I would say the Schumi is a great rep.. Probably my new favorite.. The build quality is fanatasic, the dial is interesting and theres lots of pretty shiny bits to catch the eye.

But the DW placement is to big of a giveaway for me to wear it as an AP, but I love it for what it is.. A really nice watch.

So if your buying this watch because you like the look/style of it you will love this piece.. If you're looking for a super accurate rep to fool your friends and co-workers then I would suggest looking elsewhere IMO..

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
I would say the Schumi is a great rep.. Probably my new favorite.. The build quality is fanatasic, the dial is interesting and theres lots of pretty shiny bits to catch the eye.

But the DW placement is to big of a giveaway for me to wear it as an AP, but I love it for what it is.. A really nice watch.

So if your buying this watch because you like the look/style of it you will love this piece.. If you're looking for a super accurate rep to fool your friends and co-workers then I would suggest looking elsewhere IMO..

Thank you for your opinion

For me personally it's for the look of the watch. I love rose gold in general and I really like the contrast with the grey dial and also like you pointed out there's lots of angles and shiny bits that really catch the eye.

With that being said though I still want the rep to be somewhat accurate to the gen.

I guess I'm really just curious how people rank the RG shumi rep in general bc I know some reps that come out from time to time are replicated much better then others but the general consensus with this one as well as the TI shumi seems to be pretty good.

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13

For me personally it's for the look of the watch. I love rose gold in general and I really like the contrast with the grey dial and also like you pointed out there's lots of angles and shiny bits that really catch the eye.

With that being said though I still want the rep to be somewhat accurate to the gen.

I guess I'm really just curious how people rank the RG shumi rep in general bc I know some reps that come out from time to time are replicated much better then others but the general consensus with this one as well as the TI shumi seems to be pretty good.

Despite its flaws it's a beautiful piece, buy it for yourself. If you love it then that should be what matters. If you intend to pass it off as a gen it would also depend on whether or not it's believable you can own a 50, 75, 100k watch. Anyone who knows the brand well will not be fooled. Read up some more and you will learn all the tells.

danielv2000

Renowned Member
14/10/10

Read this thread.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=200660

As has been said, the DW position is a tell but it's a tell if someone knows the brand really well. And, it takes only one in the crowd to know.

But you have to be able to pull it off - that's the number one tell for me to look more closely. A student wearing a $40K watch? Possible, yes. But,, not likely. I spot watches all the time. I know the tells but at a quick glance, I really can't tell unless it's a canal street junk.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
Despite its flaws it's a beautiful piece, buy it for yourself. If you love it then that should be what matters. If you intend to pass it off as a gen it would also depend on whether or not it's believable you can own a 50, 75, 100k watch. Anyone who knows the brand well will not be fooled. Read up some more and you will learn all the tells.

That is exactly what I'm doing, I'm buying it bc I like the way it looks and I just officially placed my order :)

That is a very good point you make as to weather or not it's even believable that one could even afford to own some of these higher priced reps if you intend to pass it of as gen. For me that's not my intention but for others I could see where that would be an issue lol

Thank you again for all your help and input and when the watch arrives I will post some pics :)

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13
That is exactly what I'm doing, I'm buying it bc I like the way it looks and I just officially placed my order :)

That is a very good point you make as to weather or not it's even believable that one could even afford to own some of these higher priced reps if you intend to pass it of as gen. For me that's not my intention but for others I could see where that would be an issue lol

Thank you again for all your help and input and when the watch arrives I will post some pics :)

Congrats on a fine choice you will definitely not be disappointed with the craftsmanship and quality. It's a solid piece as others have also posted.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Congrats on a fine choice you will definitely not be disappointed with the craftsmanship and quality. It's a solid piece as others have also posted.

I already ordered the Rose Gold version... Thinking about the Blue, but will wait for V2 on that one.

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13
I already ordered the Rose Gold version... Thinking about the Blue, but will wait for V2 on that one.

Who you kidding Don, you are definitely getting all three upon release. You're at two and third will follow shortly. You are The Don. [emoji16]

Just waiting for you to get that LeBron...

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
Who you kidding Don, you are definitely getting all three upon release. You're at two and third will follow shortly. You are The Don. [emoji16]

Just waiting for you to get that LeBron...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
hmm the RG costs $30 more than the titanium.
surely a steel case even with gold plating would cost less than titanium case? (in regards to production cost)

iliketowatch

Renowned Member
20/7/12
hmm the RG costs $30 more than the titanium.
surely a steel case even with gold plating would cost less than titanium case? (in regards to production cost)

Material cost of Ti may be higher than SS, but not a huge amount higher, and the extra processing which has to be done to plate the watch will ratchet the cost up. I think it is reasonable to expect a gold plated watch to cost same or more than Ti. In the context of this watch, we are talking about a 4% price difference. Love this watch BTW

RoseGold

7/7/13
Hi guys

Just received my AP Schumi.

There is some uneven tone on the cermet bezel. It sort of look like some stains but I can't seem to clean it off with micro fibre cloth.

I tried using water and micro fibre cloth but the stain is still there.

I don't dare to use other solvents to polish it. How do you polish a cermet bezel without affecting the vertical polished grains?

From the photo you can see the left side is evenly coloured and polish but the top and right side has some uneven colour.

IMG_6750.jpg

Anyone share the same experience with your Schumi ?

Appreciate your tips and advice on this.

Thank you.

ukbondraider

20/9/14
I have the exact same stains at the same locations and the same patterns.

Could therefore be a manufacturing thing.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
That's horrible. Was this not visible in the QC pics? I just ordered one and will look out for this.